Steelers OL Definitely vulnerable

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by CloakNNNdagger, Sep 27, 2011.

1. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

Injuries hit them hard in their game with the Colts.

Steelers Vs. Texans: Injuries To Offensive Line Remain A Problem

2. fiasco west

fiasco west Hall of Fame

Scott has to be one of the worst LTs in the league, I really hope he starts...I can't remember the last time I've seen a LT abused as bad as he was sunday night. I understand it was Freeney but....nearly every play the dude was getting beat.

3. TexansFanatic

TexansFanatic Extremist

Man, it's like the Red Sea is parting and Kubiak is Moses.......or something.....

4. Rey

Rey Guest

My friend Tony hills was cut in the final roster reduction. He was playing gaurd and tackle. He got picked up by Denver. He struggled during pre season, but I thought they'd keep him around seeing that they didn't have the healthiest situation.

But yeah, dude is a lucky sob, national championship and a superbowl ring, both as a back up. Happy for him though.

5. Grams

Grams Subscribed Contributor

Being a woman, I really don't like that term - however sppropriate it may seem for the Steelers.

However we sure need to abuse them a lot, push them around, stomp on them and kick them while they are on the ground. Then kick them again.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2011
    Kimmy likes this.
  6. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

I'm cringing at Kareem vs. Mike Wallace or Ward.

7. CloakNNNdagger

I'm crying at Kareem vs. Mike Wallace or Ward.

8. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

The Saints had injuries across their OL, too. Just sayin...
    KJ vs Mike Wallace? There will be horror movies made about that matchup. "A Nightmare on Kirby Street" would be an apt title.

9. BigBull17

BigBull17 Hall of Fame

Ward doesn't bother me as much as Wallace. Dude has jets. Too bad Big Ben's oline is a card board cut out of actual linemen.

10. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

I completely agree.. We didn't take advantage of them replacing their RG. Hell, the talking heads are saying the replacement played better than the starter. We also didn't take advantage of the "week link" the old guy in the middle who we were saying wasn't very good. Heck, the Saints fans were telling us he weren't very good.

We also never "picked on" their rookie CB. Don't we have a CB of Lance Moore's caliber that we could match up one-on-one (while the rest of the team is covering Dre) to expose his inexperience? Yeah, he might end up looking better than Kareem on a #4 WR, but imagine their rookie having to face Plaxico or Holmes... We don't have that. We don't have that mentality.

11. CloakNNNdagger

But Big Ben has the ability to stand in there a couple more seconds than most QBs, and despite getting hit hard............still getting that ball out and the defenders bounce off of him.

12. GP

GP Go Texans!

Go and hit the exclamation mark "warning sign" icon (to the left side under their profile/avatar) to report it.

I've noticed recent posts that are derisive, to a degree, to women and it's a pattern that should cease, IMO.

13. hradhak

hradhak Site Contributor

He can take it for sure, but he is also prone to dropping the ball if you swipe at it. We've had good success with fumble sacks this year, I'm hoping that we can continue that with this game.

14. CloakNNNdagger

Good point.

15. Rey

Rey Guest

Our NT's haven't done anything really....

No push on the pass rush....And they aren't really doing anything against the run either...

16. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

Antonio Brown and Emmanuel Sanders are more dangerous than Ward at this point. They have a really, really talented wr corp. After the Saint game I'm sure all teams are going to spread us out and get us out of our base defense as much as possible. The Steelers have the wr's to pull it off. I'd just spread 'em out and dink and dunk in front of our awful man coverage.

17. BigBull17

BigBull17 Hall of Fame

I didnt understand how we never changed a single thing. After it is proven you can't stop them in rush 4 and cover, why not sell the farm and hope for a hit as he throws INT. What's the worst that could have happened? They scored anyways.

18. Kimmy

Kimmy RealGirls LvFB!

Thanks for look out for Grams & I GP! I think we give a different (yet intelligent) responses. It's actually really nice to be able to come here & have open arms welcoming you.

*some* do not think that way. Oh, it's a GIRL she won't know anything. That's unfair, and untrue.

Anyway, not to start a bunch of drama, it makes me feel good to know that we have a bunch of brothers/fathers/nephews & gramps lookin' out for us!

19. GP

GP Go Texans!

Husband to a wife for 12 years, going on 13. Father of two daughters (7 and 11). So, umm....yeah, I'm gonna' help out any way I can.

It was such a blur. One of the oddest days on here I can remember, outside of David Carr's brother melting down when news broke we acquired Schaub.

20. Ryan

Ryan THIS YEAR

How did i miss that day? :facepalm: