Steelers Negotiating With Cower

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by cuppacoffee, Jul 24, 2004.

1. cuppacoffee

cuppacoffee Resident Grouch

What is your opinion on Cower?

He replaced several coaches and changed the assignments of other coaches. The way I read the story was that he felt it necessary to release a few veterans to improve the team. Bruener being one of them.

PS I always thought of him as just an average coach. :twocents:

Full Story

2. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

Cower does come off as just "Average", but something he does works. Might not be his plans , but he seems to put a coaching team together that works. About as goofy looking as they come with that jaw though.

3. Titanico

Titanico Guest

I personally know, are very dissapointed from Cowher. They want him out, they are hurt for looking at his favorite team, not playing as they were used to.

Bit those are cycles in life. idonno:

4. Fiddy

Fiddy Hall of Fame

5. WWJD

WWJD Hall of Fame

I think he's a solid, good coach.

There have been plenty of years that team wasn't suppose to be so good and was pretty good.

6. Cowher is a solid coach. He took Kordell a long way and has always had great defenses. Go back and look at how many assistant coaches have left, he's done great with a lot of new faces and a shrewd owner.

7. TheOgre

TheOgre Hall of Fame

The guy has taken the likes of Neil O'Donnell and Kordell Stewart to multiple AFC Championship Games (and 1 SB). He is a good coach. Is it his fault the team loses multiple players every season? The ownership is cheap and yet he keeps them competitive most seasons. I like the guy.