Steelers beat writer: Texans will win

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by drs23, Sep 28, 2011.

1. drs23

drs23 Veteran

No more VIP Suite so back to the recliner
    And goes on to explain why here.

2. GP

GP Go Texans!

1, Beat-up offensive line (and it's not comparable to the Saints o-line, either).

2. No run game. Non-existent.

3. Facing a pissed off Texans team, on the road.

That's the only three stats I need to list. Anything else is gravy.

This is the week Matt Schaub goes rabid zombie and takes out his frustrations on the Steelers. And if players drop balls they should catch, he should cuss them out in front of Reliant and everyone watching at home--I need Schaub to bust chops and demand his players make plays when he gets them the ball.

3. jaayteetx

jaayteetx Hall of Fame

You gotta watch calling out your teammates too much because they could turn around and do the same thing to him when he misses a throw. Last thing you need on a team is infighting.

4. ThaShark316

ThaShark316 #28

If Schaub can keep giving smug faces after TD passes, I'm good.

(I know y'all saw it after the Casey TD...)

Yankee_In_TX likes this.
  5. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

My thoughts also. Matt should have a great game and lead this team to solid victory.

6. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Not a person in here would appreciate their boss giving them a cussin in front of their coworkers, much less a self-proclaimed leader of a coworker, but somehow it is the right way for football players to act on TV.

7. mugrakers

mugrakers Rookie

yea because this world has become so PC that you can't even be called for letting everyone down.

8. DexmanC

DexmanC Hall of Fame

Yep. Apple dropped the ball.

9. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

Not liking this. Everyone is picking the Texans including myself and all 3 guys on Inside the NFL.

10. GP

GP Go Texans!

QBs have to possess this attitude of "It's OK when I screw up, it's not OK when YOU screw up." All the great ones have that attitude. Even when they screwed up, nobody made waves about it.

The QB touches the ball on every snap, the other guys don't. It's logical that a QB can be excused a few uh-oh's but a WR or a TE or a RB who gets a fraction of touches ought to make their touches count.

That's my rationalization of why a QB can carry a 'tude even if he messes up.

I've seen Matt yell at guys. I've seen him point at them and scowl, barking at them to do better next time. He doesn't do it much, he doesn't do it as a cop out of his own mistakes. But this Steelers game is URGENT. He has to make his guys know they can't punt and "be 'good to go' next time around..."

11. House of Pain

House of Pain Knee-jerkless

Yes, it's a brave new world.

Thought we would lose the Saints game, and we did. Based on what I've seen this year, I'm quietly confident the Texans will win this game. These Texans are at least good enough to get to the postseason. I don't think we are a juggernaut, but if Foster improves the RZ offense and the D continues to get better, a very dangerous, streaky team.

12. Old School

Old School Site Contributor

That's it...We are doomed....:scarygirl:

13. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

[​IMG]

14. houstonspartan

houstonspartan Hall of Fame

Google "Tom Brady rant."

THAT is how QB's are supposed to act. If his players aren't getting it done, Matt should cuss out everybody and their mother if he has to. It is his team.

Specifically, at some point, Matt needs to call Jacoby Jones out IN PUBLIC and ON TELEVISION.

If Jacoby doesn't like it, well, tough shit. Matt could have him shipped out of here in five seconds if he has to.

15. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

I would have gone off on Ben Tate. That little swing pass that he "alligatored" in the fourth qtr (about 9:00 to go) could have kept the drive alive and got our defense some rest. The very next play was Schaub's INT which gave the Saints the ball on our side of the 50. Did I mention we still had the lead at that point?

16. SuperSerial

SuperSerial Rookie

Why was Kub passing so much? Hard to chew up the clock and nurse a lead when you're passing 90% of the quarter.

17. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

I mentioned this in another thread.
    We were pretty balanced going into the 4th quarter. Counting up the plays we were close to even on the run/pass ratio.
    here's the ratio by possession....
    1 - 5P/4R - TD (O.D.)
    2 - 4P/3R - FG
    3 - 4P/3R - punt
    4 - 5P/0R - FG
    5 - 1P/4R - FG
    6 - 0P/1R - half
    7 - 5P/6R - FG
    8 - 2P/2R - TD (Casey)
    9 - 2P/1R - 3-and-out
    10- 3P/0R - INT
    11- 7P/2R - TD (K.W.)

After this we were behind 40-33 and passed 5 straight times trying to play catchup.

Again, looking at the play-by-play Tate didn't get over two yards on any carry in the 4th qtr. Now was that because he was hurt? (I seem to recall him limping a bit at one point in the 4th) or gassed? ...or did the linemen or Tate do something that the Saints picked up on and could see when we were going to run?

Slaton was totally ineffective all game. Slaton wasn't seeing the holes or wasn't looking for them. I watched the game again, specifically looking at Slaton, and there were cut-back opportunities on at least three of his carries and he just ran up the backs of the linemen.

If the RBs aren't effective and you're behind by 7, what else is left but to pass.

Oh by the way, the Saints were pretty pass-happy too. Except when the play broke down for them, their QB could run around and buy time. Our QB just fell down.

18. texanfan2002114

texanfan2002114 Subscribed Contributor

I don't say its right or its wrong but Drew Brees did it last week to his TE Jimmy Graham after the D. Manning interception. He chewed is a** out all the way to the sidelines.

Kimmy likes this.
  19. The1ApplePie

The1ApplePie Hall of Fame

Romo bitched out the whole offense Monday night and got things turned around.

Brady does it all the time

Brees does this as well

Don't see enough Packers games to know if Rodgers does it.

It is all part of being a leader.

20. Vinnie

Vinnie with an I E

He does.