Stats Question

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by BIG TORO, Oct 6, 2010.

1. BIG TORO

BIG TORO TERADACTYL #23

I was talking to a friend and he was telling me that our offense is second to last in sacks allowed, and withe the Giants racking up all those sacks against the bears the other day it kind of made me worry about Schaub.

Does anyone know where I could find the stats on sacks allowed by each team? I looked every where and all I could find is who racked up the most sacks against a team, not sacks allowed.

2. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

BIG TORO likes this.
  3. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Subscribed Contributor

Your friend is wrong but not too far off.

NFL.com's passing stats, sorted by sack allowed (least to most.)

We're tied for 25th most with 11 sacks allowed. The Panthers, Raiders, Cardinals, Eagles, and Bears are worse.

The Giants are tied for most sacks by a team BUT most of those sacks came against the Bears. Cutler was holding the ball too long and their line wasn't blocking well.

The Colts showed the way to attack the Giants. You run on them. The Giants are 22nd against the run and part of the reason they're that good is because the Bears didn't even try to run on them.

I expect us to come out and run on the Giants. I expect us to be able to throw on them, too... as long as Schaub doesn't hold onto the ball too long (which he does sometimes.)

BIG TORO likes this.
  4. BIG TORO

BIG TORO TERADACTYL #23

5. BigBull17

BigBull17 Hall of Fame

Yeah, the Giant pass rush is good, but Chicago was too freaking stupid for words Sunday night. They didn't do one thing to keep the G-men honest, and ran 9 step drops with the ball taped to Cutlers hand. We wont look like them.

BIG TORO likes this.
  6. BIG TORO

BIG TORO TERADACTYL #23

I guess this is what he was talking about when he said 2nd most QB sacked, Damn Shaub is showing us he is a little more durable than we thought.

7. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

Lets not count our chickens.

If we came out throwing, it wouldn't be the first time our HC had been outcoached...