state of ticket sales

Discussion in 'Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear' started by Silver Oak, Feb 12, 2009.

1. Silver Oak

Silver Oak Hall of Fame

anyone else think we may have lower attendance this season? based on what I see here, ebay, and the official site, lots of people are trying to get out from under their tix.

positeve side is that we'll have shorter beer lines.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2009
  2. Blake

Blake MMQB

Its a buyers market. But the beer lines will always be long...

3. Yankee_In_TX

Yankee_In_TX Dance Lindsay!

No - 2-14 was a buyer's market. And the secondary (PSL) market still fetched a hefty price.

4. imatexan

imatexan Hall of Fame

I doubt it, thier is more hope than ever this season.

5. MannyFresh

MannyFresh El Capitan

I'm hearing and seeing more folks not renew or trying to get rid of their tix...I'm in the market for season tix..but just being selective... heard of great deals and even had folks have attitudes about it, meaning they want a profit instead of breaking even.

6. Drew_Smoke

Drew_Smoke @Drew_Smoke

If its true more PSLs are available it's because of the economy and not the team.

7. Yankee_In_TX

Yankee_In_TX Dance Lindsay!

A lot of people bought a bunch of PSL's as "profit centers." Every year people complain about how bad their "investment" is.

I find year in and year out if I have an extra ticket or two I get just over face. Not sure how people actually get 100's of dollars over face - but that's a lot of prices on Ebay and Stubhub.

8. MannyFresh

MannyFresh El Capitan

Yes your totally right...still haven't decided if I want to just call the Texans and get my tix or see what someone has. Buyer's market yes indeed just trying to find the best deal.

9. Silver Oak

Silver Oak Hall of Fame

we had both Directors Club and our PSL seats last season, but with the uncertain economy, we gave up our DC tix and will be back in Sec. 530. :shots:

10. RTP2110

RTP2110 Thank You Andre

Looking on Seasonticketrights, there are about three times as many PSLs for sale as there were last season when I bought mine.

11. Hardcore Texan

Hardcore Texan Magnet Man

There are a lot more PSL's for sale this year, at least as far as I have noticed. I was going to by two more PSL's so I would have 4 total, found a real good deal but after talking it over the wife we just couldn't pull the trigger, definitely too much uncertainty/lack of confidence in the economy. Investing the money in upgrading my kitchen instead.

12. Andrew6

Andrew6 Site Contributor

I wouldn't say there are more just the time of year. People see the sticker shock at the beginning of the year when they get there bills and look to sell. its a vicous circle.

13. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

Your premise does not hold up when you look at what in reality is being reported nationally. While people "ride out the storm" in this economy, can more responsibly justify to do without PSL's and season tickets, than
    many without food, fuel/electrical costs and mortage payents. Unfortunately, selling their PSL's and/or season tickets commonly necessitate selling them at significant loss.............if they are able to sell them at all. Furthermore, it remains the PSL holder's responsibility for the associated season ticket cost, if he cannot dump his PSL obligation........a very uncomfortable situation for one who is already strapped in this regrettable economy.

14. ubecool454

ubecool454 Hall of Fame

Andrew I think you hit the nail on the head.

15. RTP2110

RTP2110 Thank You Andre

Check out what's going on in Tampa

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2009/ap...tickets-will-be-available-public/sports-bucs/

16. sakebomb

sakebomb Hall of Fame

Mini packages for football. Now I've seen everything.

17. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

Definitely. I was able to purchase ticket this season on the sole premiese that a seller (a respected member here on the board) was willing to take payments. The economy definitely played a part in that. Other people were not able to swoop in and snag these tickets with the cash in hand. As a result, I'm a proud season ticket holder this season.

Thank you, seller. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Bleep the economy. I have a job. Give me my tickets! Us diehards are a rare breed. It's going to take a lot to weasle these tickets from my hands, bad economy or not.

18. texanmojo

texanmojo Shotgun 30 Time

If it gets fans in the seats...I think its a great idea. Baseball and basketball do this, why not football?

19. ubecool454

ubecool454 Hall of Fame

Can you just tell me where you are seeing and hearing this? I don't see anymore movement than in the past years. You don't think it may be wishful thinking since you say you are in the market for tickets huh? Wait until July when the tickets are mailed out and the preseason and Training camp starts.

20. Revolution

Revolution All Pro

The Texans have been doing that for at least two years. The have been selling two packs...