State of the receivers

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Seegara, May 26, 2019.

1. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Or knee, or Ribs

2. BOBdaFRAUD

BOBdaFRAUD Veteran

Keke will save us all................. oopps his hammy is injured........... a.g.a.i.n.

Opppsss. BOB forgot you need more than 3 wr in this league. A.g.a.i.n

3. maverick512000

maverick512000 All Pro

Agreed but there is another sword hanging over the Texan's heads. We have three great WRs right now but two of them haven't shown they can stay on the field for all 16 games. If all of them could then yeah I believe there are very few teams that these WR + Watson couldn't light up if Watson has a few seconds to throw the ball but out of 17 games last year we only had all that combo for 4 of them. TEs I'll believe that they will be used for more than extra blockers when I see it.

4. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

Really like the WR/TE athletic profile. Every WR except Hopkins runs 4.3-4.4 and can stretch the defense vertically/horizontally. Every TE comes in 250+ and has the size to cause matchup problems for DBs/speed to give LBs issues. Lots of opportunity for big plays with these weapons and DW4 at QB!

5. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

Hopkins is so tough/such a team player!

Rotoworld:

DeAndre Hopkins said he played with more pain last season than he had dealt with at any point in his career.
    "Last year was tough, not just physically but mentally," Hopkins said. "It's the most banged up I've ever been playing football. I was dealing with serious injuries a lot of people would have sat down for. But we had a good team that depended on me, and I never gave a thought to not playing unless the doctors told me I couldn't." Despite playing through an immense amount of pain, Hopkins still tallied 115/1,572/11 as fantasy's WR4 in '18. Expected to be 100 percent come Week 1, he or Davante Adams are the No. 1 option at receiver across all formats heading into the season.

SOURCE: John McClain on Twitter
    Jun 8, 2019, 5:38 PM ET

CWTexansFan, thunderkyss and JB like this.
  6. infantrycak

infantrycak Admin & Mod Staff Member

Hopkins has far exceeded my expectations.

So wanted Davante Adams. Took X instead and then ruined him.

thunderkyss likes this.
  7. thunderkyss

thunderkyss MVP

Sounds like we're going to be fined for failure to disclose major injuries on the injury report.

steelbtexan likes this.