State of the O-line

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by jradMIT, Jan 21, 2017.

1. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

This. They're hoping that another year for the line to gel plus getting a 2nd rounder added to the interior OL PLUS improved QB play improves the OL.

2. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

THEY need one starter at QB/OT/ILB/S?CB and depth.

Yes I know KJo is coming back but depending on a guy who has broken his foot twice is a risky proposition. Do you really want Cushing back next yr, especially at his salary?

This doesn't even speak to the DL depth. who's the backup NT? Will JJ's back hold up to a 16 game season? Are you really comfortable with Heath at the other DE?

How high would you rate the need to upgrade at RB? The Texans brass seems to be interviewing a bunch of TE's at the Combime/Sr Bowl.

The Redskins just signed my undervalued OT Ty Nsekhe from Tx. St. today. That guy is a stud. Huge with a nasty mean streak.

3. jradMIT

jradMIT Hall of Fame

Yeah their hoping either Mancz can play guard and/or Allen can pull his head out of his a$$ and leaving RT to the draft, they've got a long term concern about replacing Brown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Did the Texans visit with Patzor today?

I've been out of the loop.

5. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Another yr to jell, last yrs OL could play together another 10 yrs and not jell. The right side of the OL was terrible last yr.

Scooter likes this.
  6. thunderkyss

thunderkyss MVP

Brown, Martin, Mancz, Allen, XSF

We'll trade our 1st, 2nd, & next year's 1st to move up & get Leonard Fournette

7. jradMIT

jradMIT Hall of Fame

I'm partial to McCaffrey or Kamara.

ghostlight likes this.
  8. jradMIT

jradMIT Hall of Fame

Based on the talent in the draft you really hope they walk away with a big corner, a safety, and a receiving threat at TE. Qb and RT are the biggest needs but are wrk in the draft. You kinda hoping they are in the right place at the right time and don't have to reach. They're also will be value at edge and RB in the draft as well.

steelbtexan likes this.
  9. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

We differ. I feel QB grades on two possibly three? Right in Texans wheelhouse with 25th overall selection. They can address RT via free agency and draft OT/OG later to develop. As for safety/corner they could hit on one or both 2nd/3rd. Doubt they pull trigger now on TE after resigning Griffin. Would love to see RB position upgraded however :barman:

10. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

Which three ??

I only like 3 quarterbacks in this draft ... Mahomes , Trubisky and Peterman.

mussop likes this.

11. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

Which three ??

I only like 3 quarterbacks in this draft ... Mahomes , Trubisky and Peterman.

12. jradMIT

jradMIT Hall of Fame

I assuming its Watson.

13. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

Yes, big fan of Watson. Throws catchable ball with arch, into acceptable windows for receivers already on this roster which they've never enjoyed. Need to extend DeAndre Hopkins now, would expect a truly breakout season with Watson as his QB. Also like his size & athletic ability to create and he does go through his progressions, key to future success in the NFL.

14. jradMIT

jradMIT Hall of Fame

The picks are the real concern along with his accuracy issues that lead to them. There is also a small concern that his offensive line was very good and how will his play change under a sped up clock against pro pass rushes. At this point they all have warts, trubinsky isnt uber talented and had trouble picking up blitzes, Mahomes is off script and has some lapses, Kizer is a tick too slow. Peterman might not have a big enough arm to keep dbs honest, Evans is raw, the list goes on.

15. mussop

mussop Hall of Fame

I'm iffy on Mahomes. I would take trubisky if he fell to 25 and not look back. If Mahomes and peterman fall to our second round pick I would go Peterman. If Mahomes is all that's left at our 2nd pick I would take then.

16. IDEXAN

IDEXAN Hall of Fame

We already needed help at tackle last year and it was a descent year for OTs, certainly better than this year as 'bout half dozen tackles were drafted in the first round when this year
    it's very possibly only one or two if that go in the first and the Texans did not draft a single tackle in 2016. Just another example why teams should draft the strength of the Draft, AKA drafting the
    BPA.

17. jradMIT

jradMIT Hall of Fame

I don't think they are set at TE, nor do I think they think they are set. For one they interviewed all the TE's at the senior bowl, two Griffin signed essentially what could be a 1 year deal, three Anderson was a undrafted rookie from last year, not sure how he is a lock to make the team plus with his size he could be kept on the roster as a 5th WR if need be. There are three TE's on the roster and one of them is by no means a lock to remain especially if a TE is the BPA.

18. JR Texan

JR Texan Rookie

I heard we interviewed Arkansas OT Dab Skipper and Villanova OT Brad Seaton so we are definitely getting OL at some point in the draft, most likely on the 3rd round or later. I think we go QB and DB first and second in whichever order

steelbtexan and thunderkyss like this.
  19. jradMIT

jradMIT Hall of Fame

Exactly going after need hurts in the long run, you have to get the most out of each class as possible. This year its DB's (CB/S) and TE's, then Edge/RB's are the strength of this draft.

20. jradMIT

jradMIT Hall of Fame

They also interviewed Bolles. If he is there at 25 (not very likely), they'd be all over him. Its unlikely they will have a choice of one top 3 tackles and one of top 3 Qb's at the pick, probably will be one or the other.