State of the Franchise(NFL Network)

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by mexican_texan, Mar 24, 2009.

1. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

Tonight on Total Access, our Texans will be featured. They often have a player from that team on the show. I'll keep you informed.

False Start likes this.
  2. WesmanTexanfan

WesmanTexanfan SeNior Smack

awesome, thanks, i dont get NFLN...

3. mexican_texan

Kubiak thought there were better QBs in free agency than Rosenfels, thus the reason for trading him and signing Orlovsky.

Marshall Faulk doesn't think we'll get to .500 next season, questions Matt Schaub and Slaton.

Jamie Dukes thinks highly of Kollar, thinks we might reach 10-6.

Faulk doesn't think our line is good enough for Schaub to be a drop back QB, thinks it was a mistake to trade Rosenfels, as does Dukes.

Overall, the shortest State of the Franchise I've seen on the show.

4. WesmanTexanfan

WesmanTexanfan SeNior Smack

I follow many sports, and football analysis is consistantly and confidently off.

what kind of self respecting analyst questions the AFC leader in yards from scrimage, as a rookie too, he'll get better. I know this is pointless, but i am just constantly baffeled by the things that come out of football analysts.

5. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

Nothing new, nothing suprising, they said a lot of the same stuff people here on this BBS say. And really, who cares what they say? Until we prove ourselves by making the playoffs a few times, nobodys gonna have a whole love of love for us anyway. What ever happens to the Texans this year depends on so many things it's just unreal. And we haven't gotten to the draft yet.

6. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

They panned us pretty bad. Rich Eisen started things off by saying we went 8-8 the last 2 seasons and got most of our wins late in the season when all the meaningful games were over with. He's correct, but at the same time he made it sound like we beat teams that didn't have anything to play for...but I seem to remember we booted the Bears out of the playoffs at the end of this past season.

Marshall Faulk said Steve Slaton isn't a full time back (despite being the rookie rushing leader and AFC leader in total yards) and either him or Dukes said our OL is not very good (despite blocking for the # 3 yardage offense in the NFL).

Faulk said we're not gonna pass .500, Dukes said we will but we're still gonna miss the playoffs. Overall, I think they overgeneralized on past stereotypes of this team (bad OL) and past stereotypes of players (Steve Slaton being solely a 3rd down back).

They also were very harsh on Schaub. They seem to think the reason he missed all of the games is because he cant take a hit (Dukes said, "He must've forgot while he was in Atlanta that defenses hit pretty hard!") and glossed over the fact 4 of his 5 games missed this season were due to 2 illegal cheap shots by Jared Allen that got Allen fined 50k. Perhaps Dukes should've said, "He must've forgot while he was in Atlanta that Jared Allen is a dirty player!"

TexanAddict likes this.
  7. WolverineFan

WolverineFan Hall of Fame

That's what happens to the Texans on every show really. We get no respect and until we get into the playoffs and win, we will continue to get none. I think it's unfair that we get such a bad rap, but that's the media for you.

8. Goatcheese

Goatcheese Nightmare Over

Apparently Tommy "Golden Boy" Brady forgot how to take a hit too. He missed the entire season from a single hit that was much less severe than either of the two back to back hits Schaub took.

TimeKiller likes this.
  9. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

Exactly. After we put togeather a few winning seasons in a row, the press we'll be getting will be more fun to watch. But you know folks, it's like that for all the teams, not just us.

10. Goatcheese

Goatcheese Nightmare Over

I think we just kind of burned up all our "Dark Horse" mojo last season. Everybody was speaking very highly about us after things started to line up toward the end of the season in '07, then we came out and went 0'fer in the first 5 weeks.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice.... fool...we can't get fooled again. *insert goofy W. head bob* :cowboy1:

It would be nice if we could get some Cardinals karma though. BSPN has been saying they're going all the way since the infamous "They are who we though they were!" incident.

11. Tailgate

Tailgate Fall of Hame

Yeah this bit about us just plain sucked.

12. djohn2oo8

djohn2oo8 All Pro

The NFL network is for the ESPN rejects, so there's a reason they don't know what they are talkin about. :loser

13. Norg

Norg Hall of Fame

its coming clear now

We got our other DE we got depth now in DT

we need our Second RB now !!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Texan4Ever

Texan4Ever Hall of Fame

Did Dukes say the Texans brought in Wilson from Arizona at about 3:23?

Anyways, they all made good points b/c lets face it, Schaub has yet to start all 16 games. Steve Slaton might just be a one hit wonder (I hope not), and aside from Mario Williams we rarely have guys in the QBs face.

All legit concerns but I think 09' we will get over the hump, if not then....:wild:

15. mexican_texan

ESPN still thinks we have David Carr at QB. The NFL Network is a lot better than the Worldwide Leader

16. False Start

False Start On # 69

I saw it said the Texans will be on Path to the Draft tomorrow. Yeah the state of the franchise thing was lame. Gotta earn respect to get it I guess.

17. Shaft75

Shaft75 Site Contributor

Well that was a waste of dvr space. I had to apologize to my TiVo.

I hope they keep doubting us though. More bulletin board material for a team that needs to take a huge step forward.

18. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

Questions Steve Slaton?!?!?!?!?

After he made up all those bullshit excuses last night why Reggie Bush is a good back in this league and not a bust, during the Saints' "state of the franchise". He was all over Reggie's jock strap, seriously I almost gagged....he even used the "decoy" excuse, how the hell could he question Steve Slaton

What the hell did he have to say about Steve?

19. mexican_texan

He laughed at the prospect at having him as our star running back. He said we need another running back. He hinted at the pre-draft stereotype that Slaton isn't a 3 down back.

20. Texan4Ever

Texan4Ever Hall of Fame

Hope Steve and the gane knows about this...would love to shove it in Faulk's face when and if Slaton makes the Pro Bowl with 1,500+ yards and 12+ TDs!!!

:pirate: