Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Stadium Smack

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "House of Pain" was during the glory years of the Oilers. Not the lame-duck season that was their last.
I wouldn't consider the House of Pain years the glory years -- that would be Luv Ya Blue IMO. HOP was fun - with Lyles and Seale walking around in pregame in fatigues and helmets - and the 7 years of playoffs were great (chokes notwithstanding) but I think I'll reserve "Glory Years" for 78-80 Oilers.

The attendance at the Dome for the Jax game in '95 was 36,346.

Recall that Bud tore the team apart in '94 because of the advent of the cap as we know it (2-14) fired Pardee mid-season and promoted Jeff. '95 was the beginning of the rebuild and the beginning of the exclusive negotiating period with Bredesen (Bud's fool me twice). '96 was the true lame duck year.

NFL attendance figures are tickets sold, not turnstile/scanner.

When the Texans won their first road game at Jax in 2002, the attendance (tickets sold) was 53,721. Lots and lots of unsold tix for that one...

TEXANS84 said:
Hmmm..You mean our 72,000 seats ARE actually filled....not compared to your 63,000 with 12,000 remaining seats.

I think our stadium holds 76,310 from what I gather it's the second or third largest stadium in the league. Small markets big stadiums = Blackouts idonno:

Stadium was actually designed to accomidate the Florida Georgia game. The stadium used to be called the Gator Bowl. Largest Coctail Party in the world will be in Jacksonville tomorrow. :thumbup

cltJag said:
It was a last second touchdown against the Bills. Geez Jack, you need to get your stats right. Jaguars are more of holding team than a false start team. Also 90% of shotguns aren't called "hut, hut"... That is why you always see a QB bob his leg seconds before the snap. But you knew that right Jack.

Kerry Collins was in the gun for 3 false starts and one fumble...get your stats right. The O-line will get ancy and stop listening to the quarterback and their line calls after about 2 false starts..thats when teams get in trouble

Perkolater said:
How's this???

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/attendance

But you are right... some folks were speaking "out of their assumption." Just wasn't the folks you thought it was.

Appreciate the stats.

But they just reinforce the fact that Reliant is selling a lot of seats, too (I'm only defended my home turf :hehe: ).

Our average is 70,571 this year, even though the official capacity of Reliant Stadium is only 69,500!!

However, now that you bring up the stats, why is the 2003 average for JAX only 53,509?! You are 31 out of 32 that year (with Houston at 10th that year).

Let's dig deeper: 2002 JAX average is 56,277?! (Houston is 9th that year)

Or 2001 JAX average is 60,442?! (Houston did not have a team that year)

hmmmmm...interesting to note that our average attendance for 2 1/2 years is GREATER than our stadium's "official" capacity...and JAX stadium is...well...NOT averaging near it's capacity.

I do appreciate the information. Too bad it does indicate who speaks out of their assumption! :rofl:

kuno said:
Hmmm, I have been to several different stadiums in my days. I always make the Jags/Texans game in houston (cept this year dangit) and houstons is not that loud. Its not bad, but it is nowhere near the top 5. Even at the end of last years Jags/Texans game it never got anywhere near Arrowhead. Not smack, just my thoughts.
Probably need to get your hearing checked then, Kuno. Reliant will make your ears bleed. I know, I've been to every single game. If it's not top 5 then I don't want to be where it's any louder than I've heard it at Reliant. That's loud enough thank you.

Double Barrel said:

hmmmmm...interesting to note that our average attendance for 2 1/2 years is GREATER than our stadium's "official" capacity...and JAX stadium is...well...NOT averaging near it's capacity.

I do appreciate the information. Too bad it does indicate who speaks out of their assumption! :rofl:

Back to back to back to back losing seasons will do that to fans who have other games that are just a gas tank away: Miami, Tampa, Atlanta, Florida, Georgia, FSU, GT, Beach Golfing. This is Florida you know and there is alot more things to do on a Sunday afternoon other than watch a team lose a football game. I'd like to think that them days are behind us. But the drama continues :popcorn:

Jagsbch said:
I think our stadium holds 76,310 from what I gather it's the second or third largest stadium in the league. Small markets big stadiums = Blackouts idonno:

Green Bay, Wisconsin seems to sell out fine.

Double Barrel said:
Appreciate the stats.

But they just reinforce the fact that Reliant is selling a lot of seats, too (I'm only defended my home turf :hehe: ).

Our average is 70,571 this year, even though the official capacity of Reliant Stadium is only 69,500!!

However, now that you bring up the stats, why is the 2003 average for JAX only 53,509?! You are 31 out of 32 that year (with Houston at 10th that year).

Well, to be fair you would have to compare those numbers with Jacksonvilles in there first 3 years as well. When the newness wears off and a team starts to lose a few attendence goes down. I am not sure what Jacksonville's attendence was like in their first 3 years, but I am sure you will see a difference.

Speedy said:
Probably need to get your hearing checked then, Kuno. Reliant will make your ears bleed. I know, I've been to every single game. If it's not top 5 then I don't want to be where it's any louder than I've heard it at Reliant. That's loud enough thank you.

KC would make your head pop then....heh.

texansfan88 said:

Hmmm. I dont think the Packers stadium is anywhere near the size of the Jaguars.

BTW, what is with the stadium smack? It is weak and has nothing to do with football or the quality of fans a city has. If I remeber correctly Houston has already lost one football team and I dont use that to judge you guys. Nor would i insult your stadium, cause it is a very nice stadium and a great place to see a game. The welcome from the fans was not very warm, but overall it is one of the best stadiums in the NFL.

kuno said:
Hmmm. I dont think the Packers stadium is anywhere near the size of the Jaguars.

BTW, what is with the stadium smack? It is weak and has nothing to do with football or the quality of fans a city has. If I remeber correctly Houston has already lost one football team and I dont use that to judge you guys. Nor would i insult your stadium, cause it is a very nice stadium and a great place to see a game. The welcome from the fans was not very warm, but overall it is one of the best stadiums in the NFL.
if you were to make a 200,000 seat stadium in green bay it would still sell out. what kinda response is that

texansfan88 said:
if you were to make a 200,000 seat stadium in green bay it would still sell out. what kinda response is that

A fair one I thought. I figured you were comparing a small market team to a small market team. THe size of the stadium would come into play in the comparison. However I get what you are saying. Green Bay would sell out no matter what. They also have had a long time to get it that way. Green Bay has a long and great history and relationship with the Packers. It took years to get there and other teams that are new will get there one day.

I remember when the Oilers could never sell out a game. I hardly ever saw a home game when I was a kid. The only time I ever saw the Oilers was when they were on the road because we could never beat the 72 hour deadline either. That kind of stuff works both ways.

all this banter is frivolous, Texan fans you need to represent bottom line. The Game is in less than half a day, you should all be resting for the ambush @ Relient. I can't go but I'll be watching and this is what I want to see :headbang: I want to see Relient so loud that left witch cannot communicate the snap count. I want a sea of RED standing, celebrating and supporting the Texans.

today in Jacksonville they called it the largest cocktail party in the world, evidently it didn't help as Flordia lost :hehe: see in Texas we don't drink cocktails we drink beer & lots of it difference being we don't ***** foot around with make believe beverages we drink the real thing and in a few hours the stadium will be filled to capacity with over 70,000 screaming beerloveing Texans. Its on!

:boxing:

beerlover said:
all this banter is frivolous... in a few hours the stadium will be filled to capacity with over 70,000 screaming beerloveing Texans. Its on!

:boxing:

4 hours to Go Jags Go:headbang::boxing:

texansfan88 said:

Whats wrong with this picture? GB/FL? Team with heritage/...

How many football games and golf courses are a there near GB that are just a gas tank away on any given fall weekend? lol:

P.S. Surfs up... :thumbup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back