Sports Radio 610: Texans Re-Sign Bradford

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by ThaShark316, Apr 11, 2005.

1. ThaShark316

ThaShark316 #28

Thats what I heard on 610 about 5 mins ago....

no WR in the draft...so get it out ur systems ppl.

2. D-ReK

D-ReK RAWWWRR!

Did they say how long he signed for? If it was only a 1 year deal, then we probably would still look WR in the draft since many WRs don't make an impact their rookie season...

3. UberDork

UberDork Veteran

Do you seriously think that we will not draft a WR because we resigned Bradford? That is a little naive. We hardly chased after Bradford. A little insurance is never bad.

4. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

WOW...never expected that... :wacko:

5. D-ReK

D-ReK RAWWWRR!

They're reporting we re-signed J-Wells too :woot (not that anyone thought he was leaving)...

6. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

I was hoping for this actually. Bradford was a good signing IMO. The price was right I'm sure and we know what he can do. He's either going to be back in his old spot or coming off the bench if Armstrong can push him to it.

7. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

Good to see David will still be working with the same WR that were in the same offense with him. I am not a big Bradford fan but I know he really wanted to be a part of this team to witness the turnaround.

I think the Texans will still look at WR but it will be in the later rounds now.

8. Errant Hothy

Errant Hothy Hypermediocrity

What was the price? If near the vet minimum, then it's all good; if it's sustanisally more or comes with a 7 figure signing bonus then it's a bad move.

As for the Wells resigning...meh? His still just a back-up/special teamer and might even be lower then that if we draft a RB in the mid round. Also may herald the end of the T. Hollings expierement.

9. Meloy

Meloy Hall of Fame

I agree this probably takes wr off 1st round. Any thoughts on Cardinals trading for Travis Henry and using 8th pick on a corner; allegedly this would allow a premium running back to drop? I picked this up on Lance Zerline's mock.

10. THEFUTURE

THEFUTURE All Pro

all it does is add depth, why would he make any impact now, no team respected him last year, and now its supposed to change, draft a WR. and get all the pressure away from AJ

11. TEXANS84

TEXANS84 Moderator Staff Member

Well, good signing. Bradford knows the system, and so does Jonathan.

I just hope we got Bradford at a good price, hopefully only for 1 year.

12. UberDork

UberDork Veteran

I don't think this signing should effect the draft at all...unless he got more money than I think he did...

These are insurance and depth signings of guys who know the system. If a WR is there that we deem worthy, Bradford will not come into the equation. The only way I can see him entering the equation is if we had planned to reach on a WR, so now we don't have to reach as much, if that was a plan.

13. ThaShark316

ThaShark316 #28

On 610, they threw out a number that I thought was pretty intresting...

44.8 yards per TOUCHDOWN for Bradford since he's been a Texan,....thats just crazy.

BTW...I want the Texans to draft a WR...but I think with AJ,Gaff,Bradford AND Armstrong, thats possibly 4 WRs a rookie would have to pass, thats the ONLY reason I said what I said.

14. TEXANS84

TEXANS84 Moderator Staff Member

HOUSTON – The Houston Texans have agreed to contracts with WR Corey Bradford and RB Jonathan Wells, it was announced today.

Bradford (6-1, 201) has recorded 167 receptions for 2,701 yards and 20 touchdowns in seven NFL seasons. The former Packer holds a Texans team record with 13 touchdowns, and has made big plays since he moved to the Bayou City in 2002, including the game winning touchdown against the Cowboys in the team’s inaugural game. The average length of Bradford’s touchdown receptions since he joined the Texans in 2002 has been 43.1 yards (13 touchdowns, 560 yards), first among all NFL receivers.

Wells (6-1, 252) was the Texans leading rusher during his rookie campaign in 2002 (529 yards) and has been the ultimate team contributor in three seasons with the team. After RB Domanick Davis was drafted in 2003 and inserted into the starting lineup, Wells became a standout on special teams and the first off the bench when Davis left the game. The Ohio State product finished 2004 with 12 special teams tackles, 299 rushing yards and a career-high three rushing touchdowns.

From the main page.

15. D-ReK

D-ReK RAWWWRR!

Here's the LINK to the press release of the signings...Contract figures haven't been disclosed yet...

16. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

Jwells is alot better backup than THollings. The fact that he came back to us either says noone wanted him or he really wanted to stay with us.

17. LoNghoRn-TeXaN

LoNghoRn-TeXaN Veteran

Texans | Bradford Re-signed - from www.KFFL.com
    Mon, 11 Apr 2005 14:43:41 -0700

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the Houston Texans have re-signed WR Corey Bradford to a one-year, $800,000 deal.

Texans | Wells Re-signed - from www.KFFL.com
    Mon, 11 Apr 2005 14:47:03 -0700

HoustonTexans.com reports the Houston Texans have re-signed RB Jonathan Wells. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

KFFL.com

18. D-ReK

D-ReK RAWWWRR!

He was a RFA, so even if anybody made him an offer, we had the right to match it...

19. Htown34s

Htown34s Veteran

I think this says nothing but what we already know, which is that we don't know how this draft will play out any more than Casserly does.

With having all of our starting lineup set, we don't have to draft to fill a hole and can take the best available where ever that may be.

20. TexanFan881

TexanFan881 Hall of Fame

It is good to see him back, so are we looking for a wide reciever on the first day anymore?