Sports Illustrated predicts us to go 3-13

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by TexanSam, Aug 29, 2006.

1. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

2. Mysteryhunt

Mysteryhunt Veteran

looks like they didnt have time to really look into the changes we've made. it's too bad, though not at all surprising. i mean we've probably got 2 wins just from the titans, so i dont see how 3 wins total is even close to realistic.

3. hollywood_texan

hollywood_texan Hall of Fame

5 wins is about right.

They are not too far off.

4. Nawzer

Nawzer Alienz

Until proven otherwise there is no reason for the national media to hold the Texans in a high regard. We know the changes we've made and we're a better team but it all comes down to how we perform on the field. And until we can show consistently that we are a better team, don't expect the media to show us in a better light. I frankly don't care what some magazine "predicts". I think we have a shot at winning 6 to 7 games simply based on the improved team and improved coaching.

5. wrestler4life

wrestler4life Veteran

I think that we will prove that we are a better team, but we have a lot of gelling to do and it is not going to happen overnight. I think that we will be better, but three wins should be reachable by the 10th week.

6. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

I haven't read nor have I cared what SI has published since they treated the Rockets so badly after winning thier first of the two championships in the mid 90's.:brickwall

7. Htown34s

Htown34s Veteran

I don't see where they project 3 wins, am I missing it?

8. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

We're underdogs, so I don't expect much love from the national media. You earn respect in the NFL, and 2-14 is a sure fire way to be quickly disrespected. No big deal. I look forward to the Texans proving everyone wrong this season.

9. run-david-run

run-david-run Hall of Fame

There is nothing in that link about overall record...and the fact they claim DD will be the main beneficiery of the zone blocking system shows you how up to date they are on our team.

10. flylikeaneagle

flylikeaneagle Veteran

11. jdog

jdog All Pro

12. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

That's a 50 % increase in wins over last year. Doesn't that sound like a big
    improvement ?

13. Brandon420tx

Brandon420tx Flounder

The 9-7 thing in the NFC East almost sold it for me to laugh... then I saw that they had the Cowboys going to the playoffs.

:gathering: :soapbox: :rofl: :slap:

14. Old School Texan

Old School Texan Rookie

15. U4ikrob

U4ikrob Guitar Junky

Said the same in another article here - I feel like you; To this day I wont buy or read their product - its nothing but Media/East coast biased crap IMHO.

16. Trapped

Trapped Veteran

the sports betting world got us at 5.5 wins. Until proven otherwise, we are probably a 5-6 win team. 3-13 is not a reach, but they will be wrong.

17. BigDTexansFan

BigDTexansFan All Pro

Mike & Mike on ESPN Radio said 4-12 and 5-11, I emailed them and said you want to make a bet for charity, I told them the Texans will easily win more games than 5. I also asked how they knew was daylight, (they keep referencing Dallas as a Super Bowl team) I said you must have your head up your A - - if you think Texans won't win more than 4 or 5 and Cowpatties going to Super Bowl:redtowel:

18. TexanFan881

TexanFan881 Hall of Fame

If you can get a bet in with them I'd like to join in the pot lol :jk:

I will garentee 5, even 6 wins, I think we'll get our best record ever as a franchise so that means atleast .500 :redtowel: Denver's game really grew my confidence in the team and defense especially.

19. jdog

jdog All Pro

Shoot, I think we could win three with our back up dline, rb, te, qb, and ot's.

20. tsip

tsip Hall of Fame

Well, they are picking us to be the worse team in the NFL again, which means #1 pick...other posters are correct IMO when they say we have to earn respect before we get any kudos. Predicters concede we may play/perform better but have too much work to get done before we are a threat in the standings.

I know we have a lot of enthusiasm going into our 5th year but-just as posters are saying this is Carr's 'real' first year-if that is true for Carr, then it's true for the entire team. If your'e one of those posters saying 'give Carr' this year to learn the system, how can you expect us to have a winning record with our QB in 'learning' mode?

As Kubiak has said many times, the team is going to go as far as Carr 'takes' it--as Carr goes, the team goes. In other words, we can't have it both ways-mediocre QB play will not translate into wins.

IMO, the challenge for Kubiak will be to keep the players focused and motivated, something Capers was not able to do last year. However, IMO, it will be a 'big' mistake if Kubiak does not 'press' forward--despite anything else--with his agenda/playbook/philosophy. If this is going to be a 'learning' year for better seasons to come, then every player on the team needs to be committed to learning/improving/excelling. Even in losing, this season is crucial...:twocents: