Sporting News: Why Mario? (Great Article)

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by swisher, May 1, 2006.

1. swisher

swisher Old School

Kaiser Toro likes this.
  2. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

good article

3. Errant Hothy

Errant Hothy Hypermediocrity

Superb!! Nice to see an article from somebody who had access through the "whole" process.

4. Bearfan Blue and Orange

Bearfan Blue and Orange Veteran

Quote from the article above

But not everyone within the organization agrees on Williams. He didn't play hard at the beginning of last season, nor was he consistently productive. Casserly and Kubiak study all his games; they don't believe any of these negatives is persuasive enough. They also have questions about Bush. If he is this good, why did he play just part-time at USC? And why, near the end of the national championship game, did USC turn to LenDale White more than Bush? Do you pay No. 1 money to a guy who will not be a full-time back? They never answer these questions to their satisfaction.
    This is what I have been saying all along about Bush. He is a great prospect coming form college, but do you pay #1 money to a Part-time RB.

5. jerek

jerek Pro Hobbyist

Very good and very factual article. Good reading, if you care to put away the conspiracy theories.

6. Rosusu

Rosusu All Pro

Thanks for posting! Great article! :redtowel:

7. Hawg

Hawg Rookie

Great atricle. I love the Super Mario pick. I belieive that he will give us that much needed pash rush that we will need when going up against guys like Peyton Manning and Vince Young. Although i kinda got cauht up in the reggie bush frenzie i think that we made the right pick. I think that Kubiac know what he is doing and is going to do the right thing for this franchise,IMO.

8. Eyeguy

Eyeguy Veteran

I think this shows why the Texans will be winners before tenn. or NO. They have a commitment to making the hard decissions required for a team to win. They understand that the popular decission might not always be the right one and they are willing to make the tough choice now and in the furture. "Nothing is more important than doing what it takes to win games"(B. McNair)
    Time will tell how good each player will be. The true measurement will be which team wins the Super Bowl first. I like the Texans chances for this reasons.

9. TexasJedi

TexasJedi Hall of Fame

Awesome article, Thanks for the heads up.