Special teams to blame

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by texanchris, Dec 14, 2010.

1. texanchris

texanchris Veteran

Special teams yesterday were horrible. i dont even want to talk about that kick return to start the 2nd half. Rackers missed the field goal that could of won us the game. Turk punted 39 yards when we were deep in our territory. Turk sucks and needs to just retire because all he is doing is giving the opponent excellent field position. Jacoby Jones running backwards on that punt return. Our special team sucks

2. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

I agree overall with your first 2 sentences. Rackers is excellent under 45 yards and horrible beyond 50. Ya just gotta use him that way. Turk rarely has short kicks when he has that kind of room to kick it. I can't fault him for the rare mishap. JJ's going to do that sometimes, but he makes up for it (PR-wise)....as long as he doesn't start fumbling.

The whole team played like crap the first half and I'd point first at JJ and OD for dropping too many passes....and Kubiak, because it's like a broken record.

3. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

Yes, I'm not putting all the blame on the ST although they are getting the bulk of it. Those receivers didn't come to play in the first half of the game.

4. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

If we trade special teams units we win that game.

Turk gave them consistent short fields. Their punter booted the ball from their side of the field about 10-20 yards deeper than JJ was expecting. Awesome punt.

5. gwallaia

gwallaia Moderator Staff Member

Our return men, both on kick-offs and punts have never had a chance this season. Our blockers are helpless against the opposing gunners. They disrupt the receiver the instant they catch the ball and there is no room to wiggle out before the rest of the coverage team is smothering them.

On Baltimore's punt in OT, JJ was scrambling to no where and ended up getting drug down at the 9 setting up Matt's choke job.

6. Rey

Rey Guest

I'm seeing more and more reasons of why we lost the game. More units to blame, more things having gone wrong.

To me, that screams coaching loud and clear. When you have so many things going wrong that's on the leadership.