Sounds like Kubes has had it with T.J.

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by TEXANRED, Dec 23, 2007.

1. TEXANRED

TEXANRED Texan-American

http://www.houstontexans.com/index2.html

I don't think TJ will be wearing Texan colors for very much longer. Which is too bad cus I like the guys mean streak. He is just a bone head. Kinda like Peek was.

2. austintexanite

austintexanite All Pro

I saw the first PF, which was BS, but wasn't able to watch the 2nd one.

3. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

The first one I thought was pretty ticky-tack. Peyton Manning gets that call and maybe a few other QB's do too but TJ was already in motion when Manning went down. It was a classic "Put a skirt on him" call.

The second one I thought was just plain foolish considering that the refs had pretty much already established that they were going to be calling this one pretty close.

TJ doesn't think and a player who doesn't think is a liability.

4. Spled

Spled All Pro

The personal foul after Mario's sack was a bad call IMO. How are defenders supposed to stop their momentum when they're going for the sack? It seemed the team fell apart after it, so I can see why Kubiak's angry about it.

5. 281

281 Hall of Fame

the first one was the worst calls i've seen in a long time... the second was blatant.

6. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

Well, if you had of, you wouldn't be complaining about the first one. Don't be surprised if he doesn't get fined by the league.

7. TEXANRED

TEXANRED Texan-American

I think that TJ is one of those players that has a rep with refs and gets doesn't get any kind of slack.

Between his Defensive holding and personal fouls he is a drive sustaining penalty waiting to happen.

8. Marcus

Yeah, I think that's pretty much how Kubiak is looking at it.

9. Andrew6

Andrew6 Site Contributor

wow, kinda sad when a 20 yrd kick off return is part of your high lights. Mario had a damn good sack.

10. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

Everyone is pretty sure that Amobi is going to be a beast a couple years from now. The problem is we need someone like Fat Albert in the middle of our DL NOW if we want to compete in the toughest division in football!!!

TJ hasn't lived up to his 1st round draft pick even when he plays well. His penalties (I didn't agree with the 1st one, but as a whole on the season) have to be weighed in when looking at his performance. His highlights have not made up for his mistakes. We need an impact DT and we need to get rid of TJ imo. He's got talent, but he lacks the smarts and methinks he'll be in Kubes doghouse from now on.

11. hollywood_texan

hollywood_texan Hall of Fame

If Kubiak wants to pull out the scorecard of who hurts the Texans, not just factoring in personal foul penalties, he might not have a job.

Kubiak just got flat out, out coached again.

He needs to look in the mirror first and all the other problems with this team before calling anyone out publicly.

If he is going to have a reasonable standard, not just personal foul penalties, of who should not be on the team because they hurt the team too much, the Texans probably wouldn't have a full 47 man roster and less a few coaches.

First, I understand the TJ issue, but one penalty was BS. Second, it's not like these two penalties are the reason the Texans or without them, they would have won.

Kubiak needs to get a grip...

12. Marcus

Speaking of Mario, did anyone catch his interview on Inside The Game and see those earrings of his?

I know he's rich as hell, but jeezus, they looked like 10 carats each.

13. TEXANRED

TEXANRED Texan-American

Offensively we had a pretty good game plan. Its not Kubes fault people drop the football, run the wrong routes, or throw 3 INT's.

Defensively, well thats different. I think that everyone should be prepared to have Smith come back next year. I believe he will get a pass due to all the injuries on the Defensive side of the ball. I am sure that is what his excuse is for playing a soft defense against Indy.

14. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

thats excatly what he's doing. can't say it any better than Hervoyel, "TJ doesn't think and a player who doesn't think is a liability". its not like this was an isolated incident either, he's killed defensive stands all season with stupid, flagrant, personel fouls.

15. Marcus

Oh . . bullshit!

Manning lights up the defense for over 300 yards, Rosenfels throws like crap, and yet they lose because Kubiak "got outcoached"?

Right! :crazy:

16. hollywood_texan

hollywood_texan Hall of Fame

The team didn't show and no adjustments. That is coaching, plain and simple.

Look, I understand Kubiak is going at this short handed when he is going up against the Colts, but I just don't get the feeling Kubiak is going to bring a winner if he had all the parts anyway.

Kind of like Carr and the offensive line issue.

Besides, pointing the finger at any one person right now just seems pointless. That is really my main issue with Kubiak.

TJ kicked off this team isn't going to make the Texans better or would have given them any better chance to win against Colts today.

So, it's not as crazy as you think if you look at from a different perspective.

Nice try, I'll give you an A for effort, just like everyone else does for Kubiak and wish for next year.

Ha!

17. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

When AJ is open, very open, and your QB throws behind him for a pick that starts the downhill slide, I'm wondering what adjustments you'd make. Rosenfels played like crap. Period. There is only so much coaching you can do when your QB sucks. Funny, that sounds like a familiar refrain, huh?

18. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

Our defense definately got outcoached. Peyton must've been licking his chops when he saw the cushion our bend but dont break DC was letting our corners give their WRs. Particularly on 3rd down.

How can you get a pass rush going when all Peyton has to do is throw the ball as soon as he gets it and he'll get a 1st down because his WRs are getting a 5 yard cushion on 3rd and 4?

19. cuppacoffee

cuppacoffee Resident Grouch

Unbelievable.

I watched channel 13s inside the game tonight.

I say BS to what I was hearing.

Kubiak getting on TJs case about the two penalties. BS

Bob Allen getting on TJs case about the penalties. BS

Spencer Tillman (what makes him an expert) getting on TJs case. BS.

Kubiak saying that if TJ continues to hurt the team he will not play. BS

Get a clue Kubiak… TJs two penalties, one highly dubious by the way, didn’t lose the game.

Hurting the team?

Lets talk about O linemen missing blocks and hurting the team. or

Wideouts who cannot get open. or

A qb throwing ints. all over the field. Lets bench them instead.

I am not too knowledgeable about game plans and the x’s and o’s, but a few people who do know question your game planning and second half adjustments ( ? ) Bench yourself.

You have a patchwork of castoffs playing your defensive backfield, letting the opposing players run amok in the secondary. Bench them.

You wanna blame TJ? Blame TJ? BS.

I will take penalties of aggression anytime.

TJ….Don’t let the desperate coaches, tv announcers or message board posters get you down. Hang in there and play aggressive, take a chance at making a play. I’ll take a 15 yard’er to try and get to Manning. It worked on Shaub…didn’t it.

We have enough nice guy losers on this team already.

Remove me from the Kubiak bandwagon.

:coffee:

Double Barrel and Lucky like this.
  20. Texanmike02

Texanmike02 Site Contributor

This is a generalization. Usually I go back and do some research but I don't have time right now but I think 3rd quarters are our worst quarter by far. It seems like we get out coached between the end of the 1st half and the beginning of the 4th quarter week in and week out. I don't know how much of it has to do with Kubes having to learn to make adjustments. I don't honestly know if you learn to make them or if its natural.

Oh a note to our QBs:

I know that every time I look at Manning on the sideline (when you can see him not just when its focused on him) he's either talking to someone (hand motioning making me think he's talking about a play) or he's looking at the snapshots.