Sorry, Osi; Mario's just warming up

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by headsplint, Aug 15, 2008.

1. headsplint

headsplint All Pro

I posted this on the other board, but you guys should see it to! Great Article.

I don't know if you guys remember the top 50 players list that came out placing Mario at #6, and a couple days later Osi Umenyiora said Mario being that high was ridiculous, anyway apparently he didn't take it well.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10932553

2. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Man, I wouldn't want Mario mad at me, regardless of how big I was.

I do like that he noticed, though, and the chip is there.

3. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

Though I think Mario could take him; Mario should know Osi doesn't take from anyone. lol

4. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

Don't worry Mario; it's only Osi's Green, rather Brown eyed monster talking.

5. mussop

mussop Hall of Fame

This is great! Its good to see Mario has this side to him. I hope Osi has a really good year and it motivates Mario to outdo him. Cmon Mario shut this cleveland steamer up.

6. mussop

mussop Hall of Fame

No, he gives it to them.:tiphat:

7. jaayteetx

jaayteetx Hall of Fame

You know, I was thinking about Super Mario possible breaking the single season sack mark but I never wanted to utter it loud. At least not yet, but the writer brings up that very point. I truly do think Strahan's record will fall one day, will Mario be the man to do it? I think so.

8. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

First off, this Prisco guy probably never took a snap in his life.
    Secondly, it's just like some little punk to egg a couple guys into a fight so
    he can watch. In this guys case write about it as he looks for comments.
    I'm ready for the season to start.

9. Mailman

Mailman Pwned by Hakeem

Anything that provides Mario with that little extra motivation is fine by me, but I don't respect Prisco at all for his stir the pot stunt. This has been a complete non-story from the beginning and way too many Texans fans have taken Umenyiora's comments too seriously and entirely out of context.

I was watching Mike and Mike that morning and saw it live. My first reaction was a string of expletives, but Osi's answers made it clear that he wasn't there to give an objective critique of Prisco's rankings but simply to talk about his team and how the Super Bowl champs weren't getting the respect he thinks they deserve.

Everyone needs to chill out about this. Umenyiora did not mean to disrespect Mario but simply laud his Giants teammates and Michael Strahan in particular. I see nothing wrong with this. Mario's play speaks for itself.

10. b0ng

b0ng Ooops

If Mario really takes that to heart and use it as bulletin board material then I am all for it. Any chip on this guys shoulder and it's on.

11. ChampionTexan

ChampionTexan Site Contributor

If you mean he's never played QB, you're probably correct, but when you can provide me a meaningful list of NFL writers who have, then I'll consider criticizing him for it.

As to the question about Umenyiora that Prisco posed to Mario, all I will say is that the specific article ranking Mario #6 generated a thread on this board, and Umenyiora's comment generated it's own thread with almost 100 responses.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=947458&highlight=Prisco#post947458

I think asking Mario how he felt about the comments is a rare instance of the national media catering to Texan Fans - even if it serves the dual purpose of attempting to generate interest. I mean c'mon - even if it is self promotion on Prisco's part, why is that so bad?

12. False Start

False Start On # 69

Way to go Mario. He sure is going to be fun to watch this season......... KY & Peyton BEWARE !! :jam:

13. J-Russ

J-Russ Hall of Fame

You know whats funny? Back when we drafted Mario, people said that even if Mario had a great career, it would still be a mistake to take him over Bush. no matter what, it would always a mistake. I love karma, now Reggie's a bust and Mario is great.

14. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

Mario is the premier DE in the NFL.

VY and Bush do NOT look like NFL starters at their position.

Period end of story!!!

15. JDizzle

JDizzle I'm a dude

Ask Osi about his $5K chili dogs.

16. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

17. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

Mario at #6 on that list is a bit premature, with Mario you had production last year and tons of potential. I have no doubt in my mind Mario can be top 5 of best players in the nfl but you have to look at at least 3 years of production.

One thing I've loved about Mario is while all the attention/publicity/hate that has been given to him, he's always been a class act. This is one of the 1st times he's every really said anything negative about anyone. But I understand where he's coming from since Osi and he were together shortly before these comments. I love the fact that Mario called him out on that- I would hate to see a pissed off Mario.

EDIT: I would LOVE to see a pissed off Mario... just not pissed off at ME.

18. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

I agree with this but I would've liked Mario to say it in a different manner. However if this leads to us having a DE with double digit sacks again and a top 5 defense then I am all for it and let me tell you something Mario. You Should Be in The Top 50 bust of all times.

19. b0ng

b0ng Ooops

While I'm sure everybody is different, I think Mario handled that question like a man should. He called out Osi on being a coward who didn't say a word to him a few days before he ripped him on a national radio show. Mario has all the right in the world to call Osi a "coward" and I know if I was in his shoes I probably would've sounded more like Haynesworth than Mario talking about that subject.

20. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

[​IMG]

:aggressive:

geeze

from the original link