Something to consider before drafting V. Young

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by Afrokid, Jan 5, 2006.

1. Afrokid

Afrokid Rookie

It looks like alot of you guys totally forgot the glaring issues dealing with the offensive line. Needless to say V. Young would get killed if he were to start in Houston. People rag on Carr because he apparently sucks, but Carr is not the problem it is the offensive line. We all seem to be forgetting the needs at OL since Bush and Young have emerged as such awsome weapons. V Young would get sacked more times then the law allows, and he would just end up being lost potential such as Carr is right now. I've been a Young and Texans fan for a while and i do think he would look great in battle red, but to tell you the truth i would much rather see him go to a team that could actually work with his skills and perfect his passing game and im sad to say that it is not here in houston.

2. real

real Guest

how can you pin point the problem..It's like being hit in the eye and slapped in the face...how do you know whats causing your headache?...You are taking a gamble either way because taking care of one and not the other still may not make your headache go away....

3. real

real Guest

So how can you say Carr in not the problem it's the o-line...I think both of them played poorly and a whole bunch of others....I think we need to fix one problem at a time, but eventually all of them will have to be taken care of...

4. run-david-run

run-david-run Hall of Fame

Did you guys watch the Rose Bowl? Young could litteraly take a nap before throwing the ball. 40 passes thrown, 0 sacks. Does anyone sinceraly beleive he would look anywhere as good running from people instead of having the time to look the field over, THEN decide to run?

MorKnolle likes this.
  5. YoungTexanFan

YoungTexanFan Hall of Fame

yes, but why build a house without a solid foundation?

6. real

real Guest

are you silly? He made one completion that sticks out in my mind with people hanging off of him...It was to Selvin Young, who caught it on a knee...Now you answer your own question... Obviously you havent watched many long horn games because all year long he has avoided tacklers and launched pretty passes...

7. real

real Guest

I'm not pinpointing anything on Carr...I said they all played poorly..go back and read...I just said that I'd rather replace Carr with Vince, and I doubt he's coming out, but if he did I would like to have a quaterback that has leadership qualities, as well as all the other things Vince brings to the table...

8. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

The line is definitely a major problem. Carr's performance may have been poor this year but can you pinpoint that to him or the lack of coaching or bad play calling.

Besides us, how many teams play games where every single pass is a short hitch? And who only has one audible which is run left? Why even audible?

9. real

real Guest

We'll you can look at it as building a house but i look at it as designing a house because the house is already built...go out and get the items that look good..and plug em in from there

10. Afrokid

Afrokid Rookie

u have had to come off the short bus not to realize the main problem with the Texans is the D Line. Texans should probably pick up Brick if, since hes probably the most solid pic in the first round...

11. real

real Guest

You say the problem is D line then yuo say pick up d'brick ? whos on the short bus ?

12. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

What if your house has a few problems because it was poorly built? Do you hire a contractor (which is much cheaper) to fix the problems, or do you buy a new house which is in worse condition right now, but has the potential to maybe be nicer but also is much more expensive?

13. real

real Guest

Im not talking about trading the whole team...Im talikng about upgrading one portion...

14. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

The house was an analogy of Carr.

15. real

real Guest

for You...Not for me...go back and re-read the beggining of the house analogy and maybe you'll understnd why it started of meaning team...

16. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

Yeah I was talking about my house analogy not the other one

17. Fiddy

Fiddy Hall of Fame

One of the main factors to that was the reason that USC was very cautious and did not blitz until the last series where VY burned them with some drag routes. VY makes his o-line looks better (it is still excellent) for the simple reason that people wont blitz because if you dont stay in your lane, you get burned with his legs. See the GW TD play. DE did not stay in his lane outside and gave the right side to VY who took it to the house. VY also knows how to step up in the pocket, something Carr doesnt do very well which contributes to the fact that at he makes the o-line look bad at times by himself.

18. Joeymousepad

Joeymousepad Rookie

I think we should either get Bush, to take some pressure off Carr, or trade down to 3 and get D'Brick. It is way to early to rule out Carr being good. He spent way too much time on his back.

19. Joeymousepad

Joeymousepad Rookie

BTW Fiddy change your signature not all texans fans want to have VY's love child.

20. LBC_Justin

LBC_Justin All Pro

Then you are not a Texans fan.

You remind me of the Razorback fans that are trolling the Jaguar boards talking about how Jacksonville is going to ruin the career of the great Matt Jones. Pleeeeeeease.

I am a Horns fan and I am a Texans' fan. I even root for certain players but a real fan puts the players before the team. If you want to root for indiviuals there is an entire league created for you. It is called the NBA.