Someone humor me please (Who will cover TO)

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by fisherflo, Mar 23, 2006.

1. fisherflo

fisherflo Rookie

I was thinking about the upcoming season and as i was pondering I started to think.....when we go to play the cowgirls.....who is going to cover T.O.? What are the chances of our best defensive player (D-Rob)...doing it?

2. Bearfan Blue and Orange

Bearfan Blue and Orange Veteran

Unless it is early in the season, I predict he will be hurt by midseason or Parcells will kick is #SS for getting out of line.

3. Sportsfan

Sportsfan All Pro

I'm kind of looking forward to the possible butting of heads between him and Parcells. Parcells won't be affraid to slap that ******-eating grin right off his face.

4. chuckm

chuckm Hall of Fame

I'll go along with that ... :)

5. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

For whatever reason, DRob has a history of covering the #2 receiver...

6. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

No, DRob has a history of covering one side of the field. The Texans, as did a majority of teams last season, assigned their CB's to a side of the field rather than based on a priority of WR's. Personally, I like the battle of the best CB against the best WR but lately NFL coaches have not.

7. TheOgre

TheOgre Hall of Fame

Exactly. Just like in Philly, he will be a model citizen for the Cowpokes. Come 2007, he will turn back into Mr. Hyde.

8. Big B Texan Fan

Big B Texan Fan Hall of Fame

It's because we double man the #1 when in man coverage. Also the Defense V. Fangio ran was a left croner/right corner as far as the corners were concerned.

Regardless, it's time for D-Rob to cover the #1 in every game we play, with the exception of him blitzing. D'Angelo Hall covered T.O. in his match with the Eagles early last season. He practically shut him down. D-Rob is as good as Hall.

9. Mycco

Mycco Rookie

I'm not much of a T.O. fan like many others, but the truth is he'll torch our defense for at least 1 TD. Dunta will have his hands full w/ him, and in the end T.O.'s size and strength will be too much for him. Be prepared for his TD celebrations against the Texans to be replayed over and over on sportscenter.

You can wish all you want about him getting kicked off of the Cowboys, but the fact is, he got the money he wanted from Dallas, now he has something to prove to the rest of the league. Next year will be a different story, but as for this year expect him to put up the same kind of numbers he did his 1st year in Philly. It will be a long Sunday when the Cowboys and Texans meet this year, I hate to bring yall down, but that's just the way it is.

10. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

Let's hope whoever the Texans put on TO can shut down TO better than Hall--7 rec. 112 yds.

11. Mycco

Mycco Rookie

Don't get me wrong...I think D.Rob can hold his own, and I'm sure he'll win a couple of matchups against T.O. when they meet, but D'angelo Hall is also a bigger more physical corner than D.Rob, just something else to keep in mind.

12. Trapped

Trapped Veteran

Shut him down Hall did not do, T.O had like 7 receptions 100+ yards that game. But he didn't have a touchdown so, in a way, i guess it's shutting him down???

13. Malloy

Malloy Site Contributor

Shutting him down, aka "I'll go sit in the corner cos I can't cover for sh1te" ? :)

14. cap1

cap1 All Pro

P burnt will do it. :brickwall :brickwall :crying:

15. Mycco

Mycco Rookie

lol....in that case expect to see a bunch of T.O. TD celebrations on sportscenter.

16. Malloy

Malloy Site Contributor

We could resign Marcus Coleman and have him piggybag ride TO all day, that's bound to wear him down? :)

17. Txn_in_FL

Txn_in_FL Lucky 13

While not exactly T.O., didn't Chad Johnson talk a bunch of smack and not get anything from the Texans when we played Cincy last season?

I hope they play later in the year so our guys have a chance to gel with the new way of doing business.

18. bigtex77

bigtex77 Veteran

He might run out of celebrations. LOL

19. Big B Texan Fan

Big B Texan Fan Hall of Fame

Kepping that guy out of the endzone and winning the game against the Defending NFC Champs early in the season (before we knew they would struggle that season) is about as good as it gets. He shut him down.

IMO if TO had 5 catches for 65 yrd and a TD and the Eagles won then we wouldn't think that Hall shut him down. But that day was special, NFL Films have a 30 min show on how Hall shut him down that day, rather a show on that game (Game of the Week) but it expoits that match-up throughout most of the show.

20. LBC_Justin

LBC_Justin All Pro

two words: Double Coverage

TO will be seeing it all day.