Someone Explain.......

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by CaptainPatriot, Mar 19, 2006.

1. CaptainPatriot

CaptainPatriot Veteran

bigTEXan8 likes this.
  2. Dunta_23

Dunta_23 All Pro

The Texans are keeping David Carr because Gary Kubiak thinks he can be very successful in the NFL. Joey Harrington does not want to play in Detroit or he would still be there...once they brought in Kitna he had no intentions of sticking around.

3. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

Roy williams
    mike Williams
    and the off-injured Charlie Rogers

offensive minded Stevie M

Andre Johnson
    Corey bradford
    Jabar Gaffney

defensive minded Capers

only thing I can think of is the Lions had more weapons around Joey compared to Carr and he didn't produce accordingly

idonno:

*edit* I am not knocking Carr.. I am just talking about Joey

4. RTP2110

RTP2110 Thank You Andre

They're 2 different guys, on 2 different teams, in 2 different situations. Just because they were drafted the same year doesn't mean anything. The Lions have NOTHING to do with the Texans.

Runner likes this.
  5. HOOK'EM

HOOK'EM Veteran

............dont forget TE Marcus Pollard and a very good OL. Bloey Harrington hasn't been sacked more than 20 times in a single season.

6. HOOK'EM

HOOK'EM Veteran

Now he wants out, so he wont be riding the pine up there in Detriot.:loser

7. CaptainPatriot

CaptainPatriot Veteran

how are they diffrerent they have similar stats. How are the teams different when they are both cleaning house? idonno:

8. dtran04

dtran04 Hall of Fame

Joey chose to sabotage QB camp. Thats the difference. According to him, everyone hates him and he hates them too.

9. Mailman04

Mailman04 Veteran

I will explain one thing to you. Thank God Houston isn't going to waste a draft pick on Vince Young. If they took a QB to challenge Carr they would surely take Matt Leinart. They need to take Reggie Bush. The reason they kept Carr is they have a real offensive staff now and they think he can play. I do too.

10. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

{insert catchy opening line}

{insert quote of rehashed arguement}

{insert past arguments on this topic}

{insert reworded arguments to make them seem like your idea}

{insert smug smiley}

search button is at the top of the forum

11. Sportsfan

Sportsfan All Pro

lol:

12. Bubbajwp

Bubbajwp All Flopper

Heres one their in differents states.

13. LBC_Justin

LBC_Justin All Pro

Hmmm....I didn't see anything in your post about Carr playing behind the Worst Pass protecting O-line in NFL history.

Bottomeline is that Dom Capers, Dan Reeves, Gary Kubiak and other several other great NFL minds think Carr has what it takes not only to be a good player but to be a great player. From what I hear EVERY head coach candidate that McNair interviewed thought Carr was the man.

If he gets protection and doesn't perform I will be the first to say he needs to hit the road.

We will see next season won't we.

14. CaptainPatriot

CaptainPatriot Veteran

See that this is a joke to you. Hope the new coaching staff doesn`t have your attitiude!

15. cuppacoffee

cuppacoffee Resident Grouch

The only joke I see here is a Pats fan feigning interest in the Houston Texans.

16. Texizgreat

Texizgreat Veteran

How about we bring in Joey to challenge Carr :stirpot:

17. the wonger need food

the wonger need food Hall of Fame

Good question and one that many of us have been asking for a while.

The truth of the matter is, Carr is the face of the franchise and to cut him loose would be admitting failure and an embarrassment to an organization that values public sentiment over winning football games.

There seems to be a prime directive in place that prevents anyone in the organization from bringing in a challenger for Carr's job. During the 2004 draft someone from the organization had to call Big Dave before they selected Drew Henson to explain to him that he was in no danger of being challenged for his job. As long as this mentality continues, the organization will continue to fail.

18. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

I'm not buying that, how can you say the organization doesn't care about winning, I would really like you to explain the difference between winning and public sentiment-they go hand in hand. They brought in Reeves who has taken teams to multiple superbowls, brought in Kubiak who has won multiple superbowls and Mcnair has listened to both of their opinions which are Carr is not the problem. When the Texans took Henson Carr just finished up his first year so it was a given Henson wasn't going to challenge him and what has he done in Dallas, Nothing so that statement makes no sense what so ever. I swear I'm starting to feel some people would like to see Carr fail more than see the Texans succeed.

19. the wonger need food

the wonger need food Hall of Fame

Winning is winning. An example of public sentiment is keeping Carr around since he was their first ever draft choice and face of the franchise. If the Texans would have chosed Joe Harrington he would get to experience the same treatment.

A phone call was made to Carr before (or immediately after) the pick was made... that's all I know. Sounds like coddling to me, but feel free to interpret it any way you wish.

The guy had a horrible finish to his 3rd season and no one was brought in to challenge him. The guy had a horrible 4th season and no one was brought in to challenge him. There is a pattern here. Sure, Kubiak and the new staff are going to say all the right things, that's their job. But the fact of the matter is, they have no choice or say in the matter... they are stuck with Big Dave, AKA Davie Franchise. He is the face of the franchise and essentially their biggest failure on the field.

20. Texansbacker

Texansbacker Veteran

Speaking of Drew Henson, he is now playing in NFL Europe.

An excerpt from the article:

Eyes were on Dallas Cowboys quarterback Drew Henson as he started his first game for Rhein. His numbers were modest, 5 of 11 for 58 yards, but with the Fire defense forcing three turnovers, it was enough to help his team to an opening day win against their arch-rivals.

www.nfleurope.com/news/story/9318875

The Texans have Dave Ragone of NFLE fame.