Some Sugar-Coated Medicine for Monday Night

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by dalemurphy, Dec 8, 2010.

1. dalemurphy

dalemurphy Hall of Fame

I'm in the midst of writing an enormous article outlining the failings of the organization over the past five years. However, I also have these pesky tickets to the game on Monday night. Not only that, but the freakin' Colts keep losing and the mathmetician in me keeps crunching numbers. Remarkably, we are still in this thing. So, for those of you struggling emotionally to get up for the game on Monday, I put together something to inspire us for the next few days. By the way, if the Colts lose at Tennessee and the Jags lose at Oakland this Sunday, the Texans will control their own destiny!

click here if you are interested in sappiness

2. BetaV1

BetaV1 Veteran

So what you're saying is this game has the potential to be the most important game in Texans history. Yippee! :cow:

I kid, I kid. I'm honestly trying to not get my hopes up because this team always has a way of ignoring destiny's sexual advances and standing her up on a big date, only to watch some dweeb scoop her on the rebound. The level of excitement off the field is only and always matched by disappointment on the field.

Every time I'm ready to throw the dirt on the team, I come to Texans Talk and some nut deciphers the weekly mystery of "How can the Texans make the playoffs now?" and suddenly I'm sitting in front of the television with a bowl of popcorn, a smile, and in the prime position to receive my weekly kick in the crotch.

Awesome blog, by the way.

3. spurstexanstros

spurstexanstros Texans Rising

How many of theses most important games in franchise history have we won 0 sheesh. Well heres to it ending sometime.

4. dalemurphy

dalemurphy Hall of Fame

We won a couple of them last year:

at Miami, vs. New England...

that New England game was a pretty cool experience. We were kinda, sorta in the postseason for about 4 hours.

5. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

And we beat Indy in the first game this year.

6. TheCD

TheCD All Pro

Is there any other way of life as a Texans fan?

I'm in the midst of teaching my daughter that rooting for the Texans means you're going to get your heart broken over and over...but you just can't say "no thanks".

Now my daughter comes and gives me hugs whenever the Texans screw up. She's given me a lot of hugs this year...:texflag:

7. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

We need to give Gary another 2 year extension

8. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

If the Texans win out, they'll likely be in the same position as last year, which is to say that the most important game in the Texans' franchise history will be played by two other teams while the Texans watch and pray. The Texans continue to lose the most important games they play, thus putting themselves in that position. If they would have taken care of business to this point, there wouldn't be a bunch of optimist mathematicians trying desperately to find a way to justify their optimism.

The Texans are done. Play with the math all you want, but in a season when the Colts declined and the division was open to them, they did what we all should have expected them to do - they choked.

bckey likes this.

9. dalemurphy

dalemurphy Hall of Fame

I do not approve of this attitude. Please look away... there is nothing to see here.

10. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

LOL, I came by this attitude honestly - I earned it as a Texans fan. Unlike some, I can be taught. ;)

dalemurphy likes this.
  11. ESAD2-14

ESAD2-14 TexanAmerican

Sitting at 5-7 and having to hope multiple other teams lose so we have a super small shot at making the play offs, sorry I can't get to excited over that. The Texans would also have to win out for the remainder of the season, with our defense there is a slim to none chance that happens(there is the annual end of year 4 game win streak, thats why I allowed for the slim chance). For 11 out of 12 games I have sat here an watched the D get torched in every conceivable fashion, I have seen nothing that would or should make me expect anything different.

Go Texans :brickwall:

12. BullsOnParade

BullsOnParade Go Texans!

We're doomed.

13. GP

GP Go Texans!

I was thinking of doing an [/thread] here....

But your post was so succinct and so brilliantly constructed, that it's this:

[/forum]

14. stevn8r

stevn8r Zombie

Our Texans are playing on Monday night. The biggest stage in Football. You pansies can kiss my ass! I will be there, all in RED screaming my ass off for the team I love! There is a chance to make the playoffs, and lesser teams have done it! We have one hurdle in front of us and that is the Ravens....who we CAN beat!
    4 games! that's it! 4 lousy games!
    Our Defense has improved as of late! It's not over! IT'S FAR FROM OVER!
    Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? NO!!! But I digress...

This could be YOUR LAST Monday Night game until 2012!
    So let's get our collective, down in the dumps, woe is me asses up for one more BATTLE RED experience and kick some Raven tail! Now, who is with me?!?
    I want to stagger over to the hotel and be totally deaf from my brethren voices screaming VICTORY!!!
    Thanks to Dale for the thread...It was needed
    That is all
    GO TEXANS!
    :texflag:

and due to nbc copyright infringements, the motivational speech has a freakin dog in it!
    For me, will y'all please imagine TORO in the dogs place?
    THANKS

motivational speech

Malloy likes this.
  15. dalemurphy

dalemurphy Hall of Fame

You crazy b-stard!! You, sir, are an inspiration.

16. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

I forgot all about Battle Red week. Oh it's on now.

17. Ryan

Ryan THIS YEAR

If our team does tank it this season and miss out on playoffs, let's at least hope the talking heads get off of our bandwagon altogether and just stop talking that the next season is our year, simply due to the fact that i want my sunday games back. Primetime games are fun and everything on occasion, but traditionally we aren't that spectacular in them and i think Sunday afternoon football is what it's all about. We've had FOUR SUNDAYS this season of no Texans to root for, i'm not a fan of that.

But nonetheless, Monday night, i'll be sporting my red and cheering my ass off for the glimmer of hope that we still have.

SheTexan likes this.
  18. Malloy

Malloy Site Contributor

Thats the spirit ;)

19. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

"So you're telling me there's a chance?"

[​IMG]

... and that means I have to root for the Titans tonight? No thanks.

20. Malloy

Malloy Site Contributor

With someone NOT named VY at QB it'll be 'easier' for me :)