Some love for Kevin Walter

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by euro-Texan, Dec 12, 2008.

1. euro-Texan

euro-Texan All Pro

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8915376/Week-15-Cheat-Sheet:-December-dreams

Some Pro Bowl love for Kevin Walter. The little-known second receiver on the Houston Texans is tied for the AFC lead in receiving touchdowns (8), seventh in yards per reception (15.5) and eighth in receiving yards (851). If I was asked to predict the four AFC Pro Bowl receivers before the season began, I would have suggested Randy Moss, Braylon Edwards, Reggie Wayne and Chad Johnson. My picks 13 weeks through the 2008 campaign? Walter, his superhuman teammate Andre Johnson, Denver's Brandon Marshall, and New England's Wes Welker.

I think KW's performance last week has opened some eyes, but I doubt he'll every get any recognition until this team posts a winning season.

2. Scooter

Scooter Funky

walter, daniels, and kris brown arent getting the credit due and the coach/player vote needs to fix this.

leach not being a runaway at fullback is just plain criminal.

3. euro-Texan

euro-Texan All Pro

I wholeheartedly agree with you on Kris Brown.

4. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

From the same article the OP quoted:

Perhaps the Texans are starting to get a bit of respect. It's nice to see, and hopefully we will live up to it. It would sure be nice if we could pull the rug out from under the Titans this Sunday.

5. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

I have eaten my crow already last season on Walters. I was one who was not impressed with Kubes getting this guy. Good to be wrong in this matter.

Texan Asylum likes this.
  6. Yankee_In_TX

Yankee_In_TX Dance Lindsay!

I hope not. Last time we got national media respect (I loved every second of it) was just after our first 3 game winning streak.

7. euro-Texan

euro-Texan All Pro

I too have come to figure out that when we do get the national attention that we want we usually tank right afterword, but if we really expect this team to move in the right direction than we need to win the games we are supposed to (which we have been), win in prime time (check) and live up to our talent and expectations (fingers crossed).

8. euro-Texan

euro-Texan All Pro

Are we still calling him walterS? I guess until we figure his name out we can't expect those outside of Houston to.

9. Dayad

Dayad Rookie

A win against the Titans will go a long way in getting league wide respect. Both as a team and for individuals. Unfortuneately, everybody just wants to remember the Texans for the blown Colts game.

I know they are better than that but we need quality wins. The Green Bay game helped but the Titans game will be HUGE.

GO TEXANS!!!!!!!!!

10. mike moffat

mike moffat Hall of Fame

I have been impressed with Walter for the last half of this season. I would wear his name and number on a jersey or T-shirt if I could find one. I like his attitude and his agressive style. This guy is a perfect compliment to A.J.

11. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Subscribed Contributor

You know, you can go to the NFL Shop and order jersey's based off the roster, right?

I mean, I've got #73 Winston and my wife has #76 Brown in Battle Red (although I had to get her jersey in the Youth sizes because they didn't have Womens' that I could find.) You can even put whatever name you want on the back of the jersey; I got a #55 Pencil Neck jersey that way.

mike moffat likes this.
  12. Malloy

Malloy Site Contributor

Thats how I got my #69 Quityabishin jersey. Its still turning heads :)

13. mike moffat

mike moffat Hall of Fame

Cool. Thanks for the info. That's why I like this place. Texans helping Texans.

14. Jackie Chiles

Jackie Chiles Hall of Fame

Hes certainly got his work cut out for him to reach 1000 yards but I'm not holding it against him if he falls short. Maybe he explodes on Oakland though, he has been on one week and off the next for the last few games.

15. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

What would it say about our offense if we posted a two 1000 yd receivers and a 1000 yd back?