Some blurbs from PFW

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by drewmar74, May 19, 2008.

1. drewmar74

drewmar74 disgruntled

A couple of snippets from Pro Football Weekly:

• Texans rookie CB Antwaun Molden’s speed has been eye-catching in his initial work with his new club, a source close to the club tells PFW. Whether Molden can contribute in his first season remains to be seen, but he certainly has the physical tools needed to succeed.
    • The Texans are giving LB Chaun Thompson a look as a pass rusher. Thompson has 10½ career sacks in five seasons, including five in 2005. Thompson is also working as MLB DeMeco Ryans’ backup.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/Whispers/2008/whispers051708.htm

Williams picking up where he left off

One of the lasting impressions of the Texans' latest minicamp, the way we hear it, is how dominant DRE Mario Williams looked. Williams was just too much for rookie OLT Duane Brown, though the young tackle did show improvement as the minicamp progressed, according to a source close to the club. Williams finished the ’07 season on a tear that caused both team and league sources to marvel about how tough to stop he had become. The early returns suggest he is ready to pick up right where he left off, and that is bad news for those who hoped his fast finish to the season (10 sacks in the final seven games) might have been a fluke.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/default.htm?mode=afcsouth

2. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Now if a healthy Weaver can turn it around...

3. Cjeremy635

Cjeremy635 Overtraining

Nice find and I'm glad our rookies are looking good. It's really good to hear that info on Mario as well. I hope he has another great season and continues to improve. I'm sure he'll be mentioned with the elite players, that are currently active, in no time.

4. Big Lou

Big Lou Stop Clowning

If this is from PFW's own sources it sounds like we're in for an exciting year of football in H-Town.

However I just hope that PFW's scouts are simply reading the chron.com.

5. NBT

NBT Veteran

Well now, maybe we found out why the Texans didn't go harder for that RDE in the Draft. If Chaun Thompson can bring it off the end and still backup MLB, that is a two for one deal, any way you look at it. Let's hope it works.

6. ATXtexanfan

ATXtexanfan Site Contributor

interesting, man the front office is good

7. BornOrange

BornOrange All Pro

I know we were in a panic mode right before last season at the safety position, and hindsight is always 20/20, but I am curious to see how Jason Babin would have done if we had not traded him for Boulware. Sure Babin didn't do anything for Seattle last year, but it is tough to switch schemes without going through training camp. Babin did have 5 sacks in 2006, which would have been better than anything else we had opposite Mario Williams, and Babin had been very effective in the preseason in applying pressure.

8. dalemurphy

dalemurphy Hall of Fame

Well, I think Kubiak had issues with Babin's work ethic. I don't have a quote but I think many on the board were given that impression in '06 and '07

9. TexansFanatic

TexansFanatic Extremist

Mario got 10 sacks in the last 7 games last year. That's 1.428 sacks per game.

Extrapolating that pace puts Mario at more than 22 sacks for 2008.

:splits:

10. barrett

barrett Hall of Fame

thats a big word and those are big numbers!

11. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

Signed,

E.Smith

12. mussop

mussop Hall of Fame

I think this is what you ment. I was thinking the same thing as I read the article. Sounds like a bunch of regurgitated chronicle news.