So who is starting at RB, and who get the most touches?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Pigskin Porkers, Sep 20, 2006.

1. Pigskin Porkers

Pigskin Porkers Rookie

Any insider info, or string thoughts on this topic?

2. rafterticket

rafterticket Veteran

Wali Lundy just got the Royal Volek treatment. That's where you get the majority of reps in the preseason, and relegated to #3 in an instant. Gado, Dayne and Lundy will get the most carries, in that order.

But that's just my opinion.

3. Mr. White

Mr. White H-Town Beatdown

I think Lundy will start. Dayne will get the most touches. Gado will have the best YPC. :twocents:

4. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

IMO. Lundy hasn't been running like he did in preseason. It appears he is not picking his feet up when he's breaking through the LOS. It seems he's down after the first touch from the knee down. Maybe I'm wrong, but it just appears he's not trying to break tackles.:twocents:

5. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

Dayne and Gado will touch the all the most imo. Lundy isn't impressive at all.

6. real

real Guest

I agree. Dayne and Gado are obviously the better backs...I think Lundy will get the start, but I don't see him getting the bulk of the carries...I think they like Gado, and will probably try to make him our feature back...He's young...strong...and explosive....Hopefully he can prove capable of shouldering the load and we can stop this talk of drafting a back in round 1...

7. RiotCommander

RiotCommander All Pro

I'll tell you like I told coach. Gado should start, and use Dayne when Gado needs a breather. Lundy should be getting water for anyone who needs it.

LBC_Justin likes this.
  8. O.G.

O.G. Veteran

I agree. I think Gato will start. He has the most explosiveness of all 3 as well as being the fastest of all 3

9. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

If our running game can work with Gado. I like the idea of Gado pounding and exploding through the defense and Dayne coming in for the short, pound it out kind of stuff.

10. texaslifter

texaslifter Veteran

I'm just happy we're getting in some competition for Lundy. I agree Gado should get the start with Dayne as his sub, but who knows. Lundy could benefit greatly by being pushed for his job.

11. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

If I'm making the call (and I'm not) then Dayne gets the start and Gado comes in and gets some carries. The guy who gets it done best starts the week after and I go with the man who produces the rest of the season.

12. ojthecat

ojthecat Veteran

I have to disagree with you on this. When a player has just ran for big yards and makes it to the sidelines for a rest there is nothing worse than having the water fumbled on him before he gets a drink. For that reason I think that we should use Bucannon as the water boy and let Lundy take care of any power cords that need moving on the sidelines.

13. real

real Guest

Bump that...We need Buchannon on the field...

14. TheOgre

TheOgre Hall of Fame

Lundy might get some carries these next two weeks, but I think he might even be practice squaded after the bye week (when Gado and Dayne should be up-to-speed on the playbook).

15. GP

GP Go Texans!

How deflating must it be for Lundy to read the Kubiak quotes about "Lundy is going to be a star," or "Lundy has that hunger in his eyes" and to be tabbed "The Man" due to preseason performance...and then to very potentially being the third string back?

I'm not saying "Poor baby" because he's wealthy, he's not injured, and that's the way the cookie crumbles in show biz.

But you know that it must cross his mind from time to time. I can only hope he learns from the other two guys. This might be a good opportunity for him to grow into the position and learn, a chance to get some mentoring like Aj is getting from Moulds.

He's obviously not doing well (running into the pile and not seeing the holes) and it was fairly clear that Gado and Dayne have an edge on him right now.

My guess is that Kubiak still believes in Lundy (long term) but that he's letting Lundy sit and watch because he needs instant mashed potatoes if you know what I mean. We gotta' cook a meal like Rachel Ray right now.

Gado ; Dayne ; Lundy is my depth chart and who gets the carries. I think it might still be a 50-50 timeshare between Gado and Dayne for this weekend with us seeing that percentage rise for one guy or another over te next few weeks as it becomes clear who has found their groove the best.

16. GP

GP Go Texans!

Yeah, and is anybody talking about who we gotta' cut to make room for Mathis and Wong when they come off the PUP list?

How's that work?

17. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

Probably Dayne & Gado mostly. I think Lundy has played himself to the 3rd string. I was never sold on him anyway.

18. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

Starting RB?

Samoroli Gundayne

19. O.G.

O.G. Veteran

My point exactly. Then that bootleg that coach likes will be more effective

20. SconnieGuy

SconnieGuy Rookie

Dayne is the best bet. Gado was a nice pick-up and he had a nice run in garbage time, but he also had a little fumblitis problem with the Pack.

Give Dayne the ball 25 times a game and I guarantee he will bust off some big runs.