So who all is not playing on Sunday?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Hookem Horns, Sep 28, 2007.

1. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

The weapon cubbard is looking pretty bare. As of now it looks like the following players will not be playing Sunday.

Andre Johnson
    Jacoby Jones
    Jerome Mathis
    Ahman Green

Am I missing anyone?

2. Hardcore Texan

Hardcore Texan Magnet Man

Well I think Mathis is DTD. And I heard somewhere Dayne was a ?

3. threetoedpete

threetoedpete Hall of Fame

That's the fantasy guys. Kalu has a hand, but practiced.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d802b9941&template=with-video&confirm=true

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFL+Zone/Injuries/2007/4early.htm

4. real

real Guest

Kalu broke the bones in his hand a while ago. That's not news.

5. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

Mathis better suck it up and play. The MRI and X-ray were negative. There's no reason he can't play. If it hurts, get a cortisone shot and hit the field. :wild:

6. threetoedpete

The question was asked and I answered it with a link ? Just what the heck did I do wrong here ? I'm not Edgar Casey. I do not know this man.

Mathis is a bit of a baby when it comes to injuries. We all know that. The bigger question for me is Walter a legitimate #2. If Andre Davis plays with the wounded fingers and he has a 7/80/ 1 td day, that says to me he is a warrior and he can have the # 4 WR slot for as long as he wants it. Another question will be will they bring up Walker ? If it's no that's a prety damning statement.

7. real

real Guest

The question was, "who is not playing this sunday"...

Just stating that Kalu has been playing through his broken hand since wk 1...AKA he'll be playing again this week...

8. threetoedpete

o I go out and drag up the offical list, and somehow I did something wrong ? Sorrry troll go away.

9. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

You're correct. He had a cast put on and came back out and had his "Praying Mantis" sack. :d:

10. Brando

Brando Site Contributor

11. real

real Guest

It wasn't an attack on you. It was more for clarification purposes. You know... for those that may have read your post and thought Kalu might have just injured it, or may not be playing this week.

Sorry to upset you though.

12. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

AJ and Jacoby are likely not playing.

Mathis and Green are day to day. Both of them have negative MRIs but both have some pain.

I would bet that Green doesn't go. If they dress him, and then he has to leave the game again, then the Texans are going to be thin at RB. And as for Mathis, there's no telling because I don't think the information we are getting is particularly complete.

Ron Dayne is likely to go because he has been practicing.

13. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

we can win without Green save him for later and allow him to heal.

14. MightyTExan

MightyTExan It's go time!

Time to give DD(DW) a call? :whistle: Is he healthy? :shades:
    http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/category/nfl/
    For better or worse, Reggie Bush is going to take over the majority of the carries. Aaron Stecker will get an increased role, as will Pierre Thomas (who I believe will eventually usurp Stecker's role and vulture some carries from Bush). Some feel the team should go with a veteran -- Domanick Williams and Corey Dillon are still waiting to receive a phone call. :user:

15. Tulip

Tulip Hall of Fame

I just read somewhere - not sure where because I've been looking around everywhere - but Kalu is out for ATL and will be until the cast comes off. The hand is not healing while he's still practicing and playing.

16. Leahmic223

Leahmic223 Hall of Fame

Yeab Green is dtd and is a game time decision I heard. It is probably leaning to him not playing though.

I don't know what the hell is wrong with Mathis. If its just a sore foot he better suck it up, he has a golden oppurtunity to prove he can be more than a returner and he gets hurt.

17. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

I've always felt Mathis likes drawing a paycheck more than he likes playing with a TEAM attitude!! Kris Brown has a BAD foot, but, he gets his butt out there and kicks that damn ball, and kicks it well. ND has been playing with a broken hand, A. Davis will play with a broken finger. He needs to quit whinning and play friggin FOOTBALL!! JMO

18. Buffi2

Buffi2 Site Contributor

If Mathis didn't have a history of whining when he thought he was hurt, I might have more sympathy for him.
    If ND can play with a broken hand and Andre Davis with a broken finger, then Jerome can play with whatever is wrong with his foot and/or leg.
    At the very least he can return kicks. This is such a great opportunity to show everyone he is a real NFL kinda guy. It will be too bad for everyone if he bales.

19. DiehardChris

DiehardChris You betcha!

Man, you know - I wasn't really feeling too scared about this game, but it seems like another guy goes down every day. It's gonna ruin my week if they can't pull this one out!

20. TK_Gamer

TK_Gamer Hall of Fame

Kubiak stated the last 2 days that the only question marks are Mathis and Green. never heard Kalu mentioned, and his last comment on Kalu was he would play with a cast. Maybe that has changed , I just havent heard anything.