So.... when the Titans beat us Sunday, what?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Hervoyel, Nov 25, 2010.

1. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

Ok, it's not a forgone conclusion. In fact it seems more than likely that the Texans can win this game.... and that's exactly what makes me nervous about it. The Titans are seemingly in disarray. Their starting QB is hurt and crazy, their dependable backup is hurt. Their offensive coordinator just revealed that he's got cancer and is about to start treatment for it. They got a few injuries and they got a few distractions.

That means nothing.

I'm seeing posts here and there that seem to take a Texans win to be nearly a given. I admire those posters optimism.

We've been mauled this season by teams we were supposedly hitting at just the right time. Cowboys were a mess when they got here, Indianapolis was starting the water boy and some guys who were selling popcorn when we got beat there.

Things like what you see happening in Tennessee right now make our team fall apart. They make teams like the Titans pull together and play harder. Those guys are circling the wagons right this minute and planning on going on a run to win one for "The Dinger". We'd use the distraction and our feelings as an excuse for why we didn't perform. They'll use it as reason to make some guy named Rusty Smith the FedEx Air Player of the Week while Chris Johnson gets nominated for Ground Player of the Week at the same time.

I hope I'm wrong. I hope we've got at least some dignity left and can keep a 3rd string rookie QB on a team that should be in the process of imploding from coming into Reliant and making us look like Gary's collection of Man-ginas that we've been for most of this season. History between the Texans and the Titans doesn't entirely count against us. We swept them during a year of turmoil they had back in 2004 during our best Dom Capers led season. Since then we've only beaten them when "Radio" wasn't playing and this week he'll be nowhere in sight. We should win this.

I'm just worried we won't.

2. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

Just a thought...............a scarey thought. If the Cowboys win today and the Texans lose, our records will match.........with the Cowboys outlook trending upward and the Texans trending into a bottomless pit.

3. jaayteetx

jaayteetx Hall of Fame

I'm gonna pretend I didn't see this post....ok.....move on now, nothing to see here.

4. gary

gary Hall of Fame

Good point. I think the Saints will win today though.

5. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

Fine. Maybe that means Jerry will keep Jason Garrett & not pursue Bill Cowher.

6. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

what this shows me is how intelligent, fearless men can meltdown under the pressure of NFL season. both fans, players, coaches alike, human nature I guess :thinking: but I'm having none of that Texans digest Titans to the tune of 35-17 :koolaid:

7. CloakNNNdagger

As my mother always said, "From your mouth to G-d's ears."

8. The Cush

The Cush All Pro

If that happens we just need to swallow our pride, and view it as the path to a higher draft pick to help add talent back to our team. A top 5 pick (LOL it might happen) every round, getting Barwin, Tate, and Ryans back, ontop of the new coach (praying there is one) wanting to bring in free agents to fit their system...we could see a serious boost in talent next year from what we are seeing now

9. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

Then what? I'll tell ya what... we start preparing for Philadelphia on Thursday. And when we lose that one... it's onward to Tennessee once again. Or was it Baltimore? Whatever. I've learned that being a football fan has to happen within oneself. Hoping Kubiak does this or Smih signs whoever or McNair jobbing a random secretary all matters none. After hearing Bobby the other day... It is what it is so **** it. Most I can hope for is that we get the win. Life usually sucks if you're a football fan.

Hervoyel likes this.
  10. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

Pride and the Houston Texans are not synonymous.

11. GP

GP Go Texans!

Yeah, that's been in the back of my brain for awhile now.

But thanks for putting it in Internet ink so that I have to bring it to the forefront of my brain. Appreciate ya'....:(

12. CloakNNNdagger

You can relax.............Girls lost. At least for another week we can boast the best crumby record in Texas.:spin:

13. TimeKiller

TimeKiller Guest

This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not
    So there's every reason to beat this team right?

Crap, we're gonna lose...

14. Mr. White

Mr. White H-Town Beatdown

The Titans look like they're in disarray right now, but a good coach can rally the troops.

Both teams are fighting adversity. We'll just see which team responds to it.

15. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

It's scary when you put it that way.

16. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

Doom and despair and despair and doom! It's over I tell ya. And after we go 0-18 next year (after the new CBA) we'll get a new head coach, so things aren't looking to bad. :spin:

But seriously folks, yall know by now not to predict the Texans. They could win by 4 TDS this Sunday just as easily as they could lose by that much. Whatever they do though PLEASE don't let it be another loss in the last microsecond of the damn game again.

17. Mr. White

Mr. White H-Town Beatdown

We're really going to see what the Titans are made of. If Vince Young had the locker room (and it sounds like he didn't,) then it'll show on Sunday.

It's gut check time for Fisher. If the players have his back, then they'll come out eatin' lightnin' and crappin' thunder.

It'll be interesting to see how our guys respond to the current state of adversity.

I'll be there on Sunday ready for a slobberknocker.

18. devo-x

devo-x Veteran

So ... when the Titans lose to us on Sunday, what?

19. 97roc

97roc Veteran

Win or lose... why am I more worried about our draft position and who we draft? Why am I worried next year, every year and not this year?

20. Norg

Norg Hall of Fame

NO VY so hey we got this in da Bag and plus our annual 4 game losing streak is over

we can start winning now !!!!!!!!!!!!

Im alredy looking past this and getting rdy for TNF da big test IMO

We got two prime time games after this