So What Is IT??

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by FirstTexansFan, Oct 11, 2010.

?

Which is it, lack of talent or a lack of coaching?

1. Lack of Talent?

5 vote(s)
    10.2%
  2. Lack of Coaching?

44 vote(s)
    89.8%
  1. FirstTexansFan

FirstTexansFan The Unknown Fan

My wife and I were discussing the sickening game we tortured ourselves with yesterday, and she posed a question. So I pose it to you.

Is this teams failures, a lack of talent, or a lack of coaching?

And No, I didn't give you an option three for all of the above, or lay the blame on everyone. That's a cop out imo :)

2. CDNTexansFan

CDNTexansFan GloverQuinFan

Lack of execution. The talent is there, the coaches are calling the same schemes/plays that have worked when the team sees success. It's on the players to step up and perform week in, week out.

I'm not anti-Schaub in the least but he has been fairly unimpressive this year outside of the Washington game. With Andre and Jacoby slowed by leg injuries, the Texans lose the ability to stretch the field and open up the underneath routes that have been the teams bread and butter.

There's a number of reasons, they all come back to the players executing and making plays.

3. BIG TORO

BIG TORO TERADACTYL #23

After seeing what I saw yesterday, I have to think it's the coaching! We have plenty of talent on this team it's just not clicking.

4. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

I'd say it's some players fault, but much more coaching problems than players, so I voted the problem is the coaching.

5. hradhak

hradhak Site Contributor

It's a coaching issue. The coaches' don't adapt the playcalls to the personnel. We need to be calling faster routes on teams that can get a huge push up front on our O line. Schaub needs to get rid of it faster. It's a frustrating offense to watch when our offense seemed to move the ball so easily last year and our personnel is largely unchanged.

6. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

It was..... Being outplayed. Out coached, out everythinged!!! :gun:

7. HTown2ATX

HTown2ATX TexansMetalhead

I'm not so sure it is a cop out in this case.

The secondary obviously lacks talent and we have some depth issues elsewhere.

Coaching staff has problems too. Perhaps their Denny's menu's they hold on the sidelines are smudged?

:pirate:

8. Andrew6

Andrew6 Site Contributor

experience?

9. Blake

Blake MMQB

Coaching is the problem. He has to put them in position to do well. And as we saw in yesterdays blowout, we werent even close.

Hey, even Gary said so.

10. Malloy

Malloy Site Contributor

I'm there too.

11. Hagar

Hagar Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Lack of Heart

12. Grams

Grams Subscribed Contributor

I think you are correct. There is no team feeling here. The guys are playing with each other on the team, but not for each other on the team. They are a group of individuals and not a team.

It is on both the coaches and the players.

13. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

The players are failing to execute, so it's a lack of coaching. I say that because "coaching" entails an awful lot, including choosing all those players that aren't executing and putting them on the field.

14. Yankee_In_TX

Yankee_In_TX Dance Lindsay!

Both.

For instance - players: secondary can be blamed on their lack of talent/execution combined with the failure of the front 4 to get pressure.

Coaching: the NYG had an answer for our zone scheme - their DLine was patient, sat in the gap, and even on some plays made seals to send LB's through. If they have an answer to our bread and butter, we had better try something else and we didn't. Hence Arian being a ghost.

15. Buffi2

Buffi2 Site Contributor

I voted lack of coaching but rarely is there a simple answer. I don't think it is lack of talent although lack of experience could be part of it in the secondary. I also think it is lack of execution and a serious lack of spirit/heart/killer instinct whatever you want to call it. As in previous years, the players don't seem to be ready to play when the time comes. I think that is Kubiak/coaches but also players' desire to win at all costs.

16. Dutchrudder

Dutchrudder COOL BEANS!

The Colts demolished the Giants at NY, the Titans beat the Giants at home. We get demolished by the Giants at home... Now how well do you think we will stack up in our division? Personally, I don't like it one bit and it makes me think the first game against the Colts was an anomaly, while the last 4 games are what we should expect the rest of the season - a .500 team. Maybe we can pull out a few more division wins and somehow make it to the playoffs like the Bengals did last year, but I'm leaning towards the pessimistic side now.

J_R likes this.
  17. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

Its both. Obviously the adjustments to what teams are doing to us is on the coaching, but you can't tell me that a db getting shook at the LOS or a d-line unable to get pressure is on coaching. They just aren't talented enough in those areas.

18. ThaShark316

ThaShark316 #28

lol @ blame it on everyone not being an option...

how can the reason they got smashed twice at home not be the reason. Coach is at fault, but lets not act like the players aren't an issue either. Everyone SUCKED yesterday. No shying away from it. Just like it's a total team effort when the Texans win by 24, its a total team effort when they get stomped by 24 by an average team at home.

Hell, to be honest, the BIGGER cop out is to ONLY blame coaching. Cut and dry.

19. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

well the giants were among the teams some experts picked to win the division & they did come off a 10 sack game so i don't know if they were average....maybe just took a little time to get their shit together.

20. ThaShark316

ThaShark316 #28

Maybe so on the last part. But the NFL is trash this year, for lack of a better term. Parity is great but the league is looking so mediocre at times. Maybe the latter part of the year will see these teams separate themselves from the pack.