Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

so we're just an avg nfc team

Playoffs

Hall of Fame
I was waiting for the announcers to pull out the trivia on when was the last time a team had back to back OT wins. I wouldn't even know how to look that up?
New York Jets won consecutive overtime games in 2010.

No team has played in 3 consecutive overtime games.

Before this season, the Texans had the worst overtime winning pecentage .125, 1-7.

Many more fun overtime facts here: A Complete Record of NFL Overtime -- 8/22/2011

Txn_in_FL

All Pro
What I don't get is people scrounging for reasons to hate on a 10-1 team. They go 9-7, people *****. They 2 and whatever, people *****. Now 10-1 and people are still bitching.

They can't hang with the NFC? Who cares... the only game against the NFC I care about is the big one at the end.

If they happen to be the worst team to ever win the Super Bowl I'll be happy to take it. It's one more than Bud will ever see.

Texanmike02

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
So you acknowledge no td for forsett. Ball didn't hit Quinn?
I guarantee you it was a TD for forsett. I know this because they put 6 points on the board. We don't know what happeed on the Quinn play. I think 58 hit it first anyway. Want me to start pointing out all of the mistakes that happen in any game? They happen. There were a few missed calls (PI especially) that would have helped us out. It happens.

Mike

brakos82

Yaters Gonna Yate.
What I don't get is people scrounging for reasons to hate on a 10-1 team. They go 9-7, people *****. They 2 and whatever, people *****. Now 10-1 and people are still bitching.

They can't hang with the NFC? Who cares... the only game against the NFC I care about is the big one at the end.

If they happen to be the worst team to ever win the Super Bowl I'll be happy to take it. It's one more than Bud will ever see.
I would like to ***** about this post. Just because it exists. :kitten:

Perki-Perk

DieHard Texan!
I guarantee you it was a TD for forsett. I know this because they put 6 points on the board. We don't know what happeed on the Quinn play. I think 58 hit it first anyway. Want me to start pointing out all of the mistakes that happen in any game? They happen. There were a few missed calls (PI especially) that would have helped us out. It happens.

Mike
We can speculate and pick out missed calls every week in every game in every sport. They do happen.

The one that pissed me off the most that went against us was the "defenseless receiver" on the punt return.. What the...? If they don't call fair catch, I thought they were fair game...

infantrycak

Hall of Fame
We can speculate and pick out missed calls every week in every game in every sport. They do happen.

The one that pissed me off the most that went against us was the "defenseless receiver" on the punt return.. What the...? If they don't call fair catch, I thought they were fair game...
"In the act" of receiving a punt or kick is defenseless. Unfortunately the NFL doesn't define "in the act." Apparently you have to let him catch it clean and then slobber knock him.

The call was within the boundaries of the rule but I agree with the earlier post - if you don't want to get hit on a kick then call for a fair catch. The call was within the rules though.

Perki-Perk

DieHard Texan!
"In the act" of receiving a punt or kick is defenseless. Unfortunately the NFL doesn't define "in the act." Apparently you have to let him catch it clean and then slobber knock him.

The call was within the boundaries of the rule but I agree with the earlier post - if you don't want to get hit on a kick then call for a fair catch. The call was within the rules though.
OK, thanks for the explanation. I hope we take it to the Titans with relentless aggression next week. I'll be at that game with a friend that's a Titans fan. If I don't post after next Sunday, I'm in jail in Nashville and need bail money. Help me out Texans fans!!!

BorrowMe

Waterboy
I'm surprised we even held them to only 31 points with all those injuries on defense.

Sent from my LG-LG855 using Tapatalk 2

dream_team

Hall of Fame

Another rule they should revisit. Call a fair catch if you don't want to get popped.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club

The defenseless receiver rule is about hits to the head. You can hit a runner in the head, even helmet to helmet.

Yes, we have to allow the receiver to catch it clean, fair catch or not. That's the Halo rule. That's the rule that saved us on one of Jacoby's muffed returns.

If he catches & takes a step, we could hit him in the head, even helmet to helmet. But in the act, Brandon Harris (<--- really, he was in the game) hit him straight up, head to head, face mask to face mask.

infantrycak

Hall of Fame
The defenseless receiver rule is about hits to the head. You can hit a runner in the head, even helmet to helmet.

Yes, we have to allow the receiver to catch it clean, fair catch or not. That's the Halo rule. That's the rule that saved us on one of Jacoby's muffed returns.

If he catches & takes a step, we could hit him in the head, even helmet to helmet. But in the act, Brandon Harris (<--- really, he was in the game) hit him straight up, head to head, face mask to face mask.
No, the defenseless player rule was what operated yesterday. Their receiver did not call for the fair catch so that rule had no application. #4 on the list of definitions of defenseless players is a player in the act of fielding a kick or a punt. Harris hit him in the head as he was fielding the ball. If Harris had hit him in the chest it would have been a muff and we could have jumped on it.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
No, the defenseless player rule was what operated yesterday. Their receiver did not call for the fair catch so that rule had no application. #4 on the list of definitions of defenseless players is a player in the act of fielding a kick or a punt. Harris hit him in the head as he was fielding the ball. If Harris had hit him in the chest it would have been a muff and we could have jumped on it.
I'm sorry, that's what I said..

The Pencil Neck

Hall of Fame
"worst super bowl champion ever".................yeah I can live with that.
The 72 Dolphins team that went undefeated played 0 playoff teams during the regular season and of their 14 opponents, only 2 had winning records (8-6). They feasted on weak competition.

In the end, they still won the Super Bowl.