So um, yeah. The Titans are looking pretty strong.

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by Ole Miss Texan, Sep 24, 2007.

1. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

Well I was hoping the saints would defeat one of our division rivals, tennessee but that ain't going to happen.

Back to the topic (just having fun guys!):

Is it just me or does Keith Bullock look like some sort of monster. He looks about 8' tall out there with the big neck pad on the back. I keep thinking of some creature from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles...like a beebop and rocksteady.

lol, just having a little fun but sheesh. I would crap in my pants if I saw him in a dark alley.

2. DiehardChris

DiehardChris You betcha!

They beat a tough Jags team on the road.

They hung with Indy to the very end, just like us.

And they got a quality road win tonight. I mean, the Saints are terrible - but they won't be THIS bad by the end of the year.

I gotta say - they look much much better than their seemingly terrible off-season originally lead me to believe. VY is still not spectacular, but you can see his improvement.

Looks like the AFC south is going to be a bloody war this season!

Anyway, I just wanted to give some credit to a team that I said over and over again was going to be bad this season.

Runner and ChildressTitanMan like this.
  3. OrangeLotPole8

OrangeLotPole8 Veteran

Funny thing is........ If VY is your QB, your team wins more than it loses. I still wish he was wearing #10 in a Texans jersey.

Runner likes this.
  4. Andrew6

Andrew6 Site Contributor

wish in one hand and .... in the other . . . Schaub is a good QB and hasn't really made a whole lot of mistakes. Give the guy time atleast when he does get sacked he doesn't lose the ball.

5. shinerbock_girl

shinerbock_girl Hall of Fame

Texans can do it...I know it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

As much as I dislike the Titans, I have to give them credit. Vince Young is making strides (I wouldn't trade Schaub for him straight up though) and they look like a quality team, much like we do. I think the Colts still have the best team in the division, but between the Jags, Titans, and us, it's going to be a knock em down battle for 2nd place and possibly a wild-card berth.

DiehardChris likes this.
  7. OrangeLotPole8

OrangeLotPole8 Veteran

Schaub made a HUGE mistake on the pic late in the 3rd that cost us points in a 6 point loss. Granted he is an upgrade over "the vehicle"....... but bottom line is VY is a winner. I still think he is going to haunt us for years to come.

8. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

This was only Schaub's 3rd start as a Texan and 5th career start overall. I'm extremely impressed from what I've seen from him thus far. He's poised and composed and doesn't get rattled. He's going to learn to cut out those mistakes the more experience he gains and the more he progresses. I think he's going to be a better QB than VY.

9. DiehardChris

DiehardChris You betcha!

Sigh. I knew my poor thread would turn into this. Why do I even try? lol

10. Bulluck53

Bulluck53 All Pro

I know.... some people just can't let it go

11. gg no re

gg no re iggnorent

OrangeLotPole8 nominated for a Thread Derailment Award.

12. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Subscribed Contributor

To get it back on track, you guys are looking really good this year and it gives me physical pain to say that. :bat:

Hopefully, we can get most of our guys back before we have to play y'all.

13. Bulluck53

Bulluck53 All Pro

We looked damn good tonight and I like to wait until the 1st quarter of the season is over to judge a team... ours is over so I can judge, but I won't post it here.

I still have reservations about our red zone offense but our defense, running game and VY have been impressive thus far.

14. CLTEXAN_FAN

CLTEXAN_FAN Veteran

Did you really just bust out beebop and rocksteady!!! That was awesome, brings back memories. Good Times, I guess if bullock is either beebop or rocksteady that would make the rest of defense the the foot clan.

15. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

I have to agree with all in here. the thing is, their D isn't bad as everyone seemed to think it was. KVB & Laboy wreak havoc on the edges & The LB's tackle very well. Fisher does a good job of getting his guys prepared to play. The AFC south is shaping up to be a tough division & everyone has finally caught up with the Colts.

16. Silver Oak

Silver Oak Hall of Fame

I think the Saints did a better job of looking bad than you guys did looking "damn good".

5 int's and an inept offense will make most all NFL teams look good.

17. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

Brees only threw 4 INTs.

He did fumble too tho so he had 5 turnovers.

18. Shaft75

Shaft75 Site Contributor

The Saints offensive line blew, Mcallister got hurt and their defense was burnt. I give a tiny shred of credit to the Titans because they came to play.

BUT, the Saints lost that game more than the Titans won it. I wish the Texans could have played a weak NFC team this weekend. Oh well, at least we have Sunday.

19. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

Maybe the reason the Saints looked so terrible is because the Titans defense had decent pressure on Brees all night & Keith Bullock looked like Superman.

Maybe we should give a little bit of credit to the Titans... but the Saints still suck apparently.

20. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

The thing that impresses me the most is the Titans run defense. They are stifling. Their DTs are great