So thoughts on if we do go 3-0 next week?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Air Canada, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Air Canada

Air Canada Veteran

Not only that, but what would you think if we come out and control the game offensively, get pressure on Brees, and come out with a W... With the defense being a main factor

What would be your thoughts on the season at this point and going forward?

:shades:

2. mugrakers

mugrakers Rookie

Don't play with my emotionsssss!

3. Air Canada

Air Canada Veteran

Haha... :thisbig: C'mon seriously... whatcha got? We just got a huge win on the road against the Saints.. How ya feelin'?

4. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

That would be great and wonderful, but would still have 13 games left. I would be cutting backflips and popping wheelies for a few hours, then start worrying about Pittsburgh.

5. Air Canada

Air Canada Veteran

Yes, but based on what we've seen so far.. And going forward into that next game... How much would that affect your outlook on this team and season thus far if at all?

6. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

Not that much. I'm like Obsiwan. I worry about every game. I would probably feel a little more confident in the Texans, but like 99.9% of fans on here, I've had my chain yanked enough to be Wary ( pun intended). You know that old saw about "fool me once"? How does that go once you're fooled 3 or 4 times? I may be a slow learner sometimes, but dammit, I learn!

7. aussie_texan

aussie_texan Hall of Fame

its pretty hard to say.
    I'm of the opinion that the team is now good enough not to be scared of anyone. Im not saying were gonna go 16-0 but we are now a competitive team.

Its games like this (and the steelers and ravens) that make a season and turn a mediocre team to a playoff and SB contender.

Ill be ecstatic if the texans win and i will not be surprised because we have the talent its just a matter of for filling that talent.

The wonderful thing about the NFL is that there is such a fine line of winning and losing, and winning streaks and losing streaks. Look at the bills atm.

So a houston victory would not surprised me ..... but ill be soooooooooo happy !!!!

8. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

This is why I would be OK with a solid showing and having the game in question until the final whistle. There's no shame in losing to the Saints. They're a damned good team. The Texans need to prove to themselves, and the rest of the league, that they can hang with the best teams in the league. If we do lose, I'll be pissed off and have a bad week (yes, I take it that seriously), but if we hang in there and give 'em hell, it'll take some of the sting out of it.

9. welsh texan

welsh texan Lest we forget

I'd be extatic if we beat the Saints this weekend but at the same time we've all witnessed this teams ability be get all streaky before, win 3 or 4 on the row, then lose a similar number so as much as I'd be over the moon with the win I won't be counting my chickens just yet. Although we are going to win the Superbowl.:smiliedance:

10. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

Dayum...you're not only counting your chickens, you're counting mine too. And I don't even have any chickens.

11. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

[​IMG]

DocBar likes this.
  12. Grams

Grams Subscribed Contributor

The Texans did this last year - started out 2-0. Then came game 3 and it all went downhill rapidly after that.

I am in a "show Me" first mode this year. They have to get to 3-0 before I will even think of being excited by them maybe going 3-0 - or even 3-1 by beating either the Steelers or the Saints.

They need to win at lease 1 of the next 2 games or I will be back into the "same old Texans" mode again.

13. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

If the Texans go 4-0, all bets are off. This could be a 12-4 or 13-3 team. Winning breeds confidence.

14. Grams

Grams Subscribed Contributor

Yes - absolutely!!!!!

15. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

This thread is too much like talk radio .... pointless.

16. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

Then don't post here. Freedom of speech includes location of speech.....just sayin....

17. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

Hey dont go takin your frustrations with Westboro Baptist Church out on me ! Make the world a better place , punch a melonhead in the face :wild: (I'd make your bail)

18. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

:rofl: That was funny. I think this thread has some merit. Half of this board will go nuckin futs over 3-0 and half will do nothing but ***** about why we didn't win 175-30.

19. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

Thats what I mean , like talk radio , it would be a total over reaction by either group ..... :overreact:

3-0 would be nice .... but that leaves 13 games on the schedule with two tough teams on the horizon.

20. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

You didn't read all the posts in this thread.