So the Ramsey deal was to pressure the Broncos?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Nighthawk, Mar 7, 2007.

1. Nighthawk

Nighthawk All Pro

I'm trying to follow this without a program. If Plummer does indeed want to come to Houston, and Houston wants him, but doesn't want to give up a 3rd round choice, did Houston bring Ramsey (who the Broncos apparently want as backup to Cutler) as a threat to the Broncos for holding Plummer for the 3rd round pick ransom?

Or am I way off, again?

2. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

Doesn't Tampa Bay already own the rights to Plummer?

3. Trap_Star

Trap_Star SiteContributor

I think we're just honestly looking for Sage's backup...:stirpot:

4. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

your picture looks like he's saying..."Where's MY diet pepsi!?"

5. BGRICK

BGRICK Rookie

don't think it matters now the Broncos signed him already

6. Navy_Chris

Navy_Chris All Pro

Tampa will find a way to spin him off to Houston. Don't kid yourself, Kubiak WANTS Plummer, IMO. It's just a matter of...How badly do we want Brady Quinn? DO we want Brady Quinn? I think the answer is Yes, we do want Quinn. So, how much will we be willing to give up to get Jake?

7. Buckle

Buckle Veteran

Broncos | Team signs Ramsey
    Wed, 7 Mar 2007 17:21:24 -0800

Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports the Denver Broncos have signed unrestricted free-agent QB Patrick Ramsey (Jets) to a two-year contract worth approximately $5 million, with about $1.5 million in guarantees.

8. Tulip

Tulip Hall of Fame

Probably whatever we get for David.

9. Navy_Chris

Navy_Chris All Pro

That's about what Sage got last year. Well, Sage got 4 yrs/$10M, but it averages out to about the same per year. So, does this mean we're DEFINITELY considering Brady Quinn? If so, are we moving up to get him?

10. Stros5Texans80

Stros5Texans80 Veteran

Quite an interesting deal. Let's see how we respond. :poker:

11. Tulip

Tulip Hall of Fame

I'm getting a similar feeling about all of this.

12. QB75

QB75 Veteran

Well, I am glad to see Ramsey signed somewhere else. He is a good kid and will likely do well in Denver behind Cutler. Hopefully Plummer will either stay in Tampa Bay or retire.

Credible free agent alternatives to Carr and Sage are dwindling pretty fast, and hopefully someone will take Quinn before the Texans have a chance, leaving the Texans to focus on defense, o-line, and backs.

13. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

Is'nt that like begging .... for circumstances to break your way so the people trying to fire you will be stuck with you .

This is not the fire we're looking for .

14. Dime

Dime Hall of Fame

If they have the mindset to remove Carr.. he will be gone... oh yes... he will be gone.

15. QB75

QB75 Veteran

You are probably right, but the fact that Sage is pretty fragile, Carr is tough, and there are very few credible free agents left fortunately makes the decision much more difficult. While the Texans might consider starting Sage, they won't go that route without a credible and durable backup, (and Bradlee and Quincy don't fit the bill). In other words, if you eliminate Carr from the picture right now, the only true pro QB the Texans have now is Sage. THAT is why Carr is still here.

Since the semi-decent free agents are dwindling, it makes it a tougher decision to let Carr go before the draft. If Plummer finds his way over here then, yes, Carr is definitely gone. If not, Carr will be here on draft day until they acquire a QB. And in order to assure getting Quinn, someone is going to force them to trade up.

:redtowel:

16. Dime

Dime Hall of Fame

Actually.. If Carr can make it past day two via the draft, I think he will have a real shot at starting for us. But that is a long ways away.

17. keyfro

keyfro Hall of Fame

personally i don't see how can be here in training camp...with players throwing him under the bus i just don't see how management could do that to him...i mean it would take a huge let's all come together moment in the locker-room which just won't happen

what we'll probably see now is another guy come in for an interview...a guy who has played for awhile and has been a back-up for awhile with relatively little playing time...a guy like anthony wright, or marques tuiasosopo...maybe john navarre since arizona didn't tender him an offer they don't get any draft compensation for losing him

these guys do have some mobility and some very limited playing time...all have started a few games here and there...but none have had success starting with the exception going to anthony wright...haha...who knows maybe aaron brooks is on his way down for a visit

18. Second Honeymoon

Second Honeymoon Hall of Fame

man i sure hope you are wrong about those prospects. navarre is somewhat easier to stomach but only as a backup. if brooks comes down here and signs the whole Texans FO needs to take a random urinalysis.

19. Nighthawk

Nighthawk All Pro

Hang on, aren't you the guy who claims to be Carr's brother and who was telling us a day or two ago how we would all rot in he11 for treating Carr so bad?

Pee Wee Herman is a credible free agent alternative to David Carr, IMHO.

20. GP

GP Go Texans!

Hulk75 is David's brother.

I have theorized that QB75 is also a relative of DC's...but I cannot prove it yet.

Having "75" in their screen names lends itself to such a theory. But I digress...