Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

So it looks like Kubiak's standard 4 gm losing streak...

Is going to come in December/Jan instead of the typical November month....

If this teams finishes with a 4 gm losing streak, it will be a colossal failure IMB, injuries be damned....

How do you all feel about this?

If this teams finishes with a 4 gm losing streak, it will be a colossal failure IMB, injuries be damned....

i'll be proud what they did do this season even with the injuries, and i will have really high expectations for next season. What else can you do ?

u mean 3 game losing streak .........

anywho i just hope we can win a playoff game at home that would be epic and if that happens man things would be happy go lucky around here again LOL

so jan 7 Yall all better be a Realient and ROCK THE HOUSE DOWN !!!!!!!!!!

anywho i just hope we can win a playoff game at home that would be epic and if that happens man things would be happy go lucky around here again LOL

he's including our first play off game :toropalm:

No I meant 4 gm losing streak including the 1st playoff game because after what I have seen the last 2 weeks, Texans are not beating the Titans nor their playoff opponent with the offense they are running out there.

It also seems the defense has sprung some leaks. Hopefully when Phillips gets back he can patch those, but from where I see it, and I am a VERY positive person in life, the Texans are in trouble....

Now. Is. NOT. The. ****ING. Time.

It's not? I think now is the perfect time to bring this up.

Let's be honest here people, that's not the light of hope at the end of the tunnel, staring the Texans in the face, that it the light of Reality and it's about to run this Texans team straight the F over...

They have managed what 1-2 TDs per game since Yates took over? Stall after stall on offense? 3rd down completion one of the worst int he NFL right now?

The Texans have not played 1 good football game in a month. I know the last second win in Cincy was awesome, but that was a very, very sloppy game. As was Atlanta as was the last 2 weeks...

This does not bode well for a team headed into their first playoff appearance...

It's not? I think now is the perfect time to bring this up.

Let's be honest here people, that's not the light of hope at the end of the tunnel, staring the Texans in the face, that it the light of Reality and it's about to run this Texans team straight the F over...

They have managed what 1-2 TDs per game since Yates took over? Stall after stall on offense? 3rd down completion one of the worst int he NFL right now?

The Texans have not played 1 good football game in a month. I know the last second win in Cincy was awesome, but that was a very, very sloppy game. As was Atlanta as was the last 2 weeks...

This does not bode well for a team headed into their first playoff appearance...

Cant put this on yates, since we clinched the division Kubiak has closed the NFL play book and pulled out my sons pee wee league play book.

No need to predict something like this. I understand the frustration and all, but lets allow them the opportunity to bounce back when Wade returns.

Cant put this on yates, since we clinched the division Kubiak has closed the NFL play book and pulled out my sons pee wee league play book.

No I'm trying to put it all on Yates, and if it seems that way, I'm not. The playcalling has been, as you say, pee wee esq the last few weeks. I agree with this.

But what is Yates doing that Kubiak is, what is it seems to be, losing faith in him to throw the ball down field. They have not had a deep ball since Jacoby dropped that one against Cincy, I believe, over 30 yards it seems.

Is it because Eric Winston has become a revolving door the last few weeks and has been getting TJ hit? Seems like most of the sacks have come from that right side as of late...

It is kinda mind boggling...

10-6, AFC South Champions, playoff berth...

All firsts for this franchise, so we have that to hang our hats on.

Lowered standards? You betcha'! I'm a TEXANS FAN!! :texflag:

No need to predict something like this. I understand the frustration and all, but lets allow them the opportunity to bounce back when Wade returns.

But the problem isn't totally on the defensive side of the ball, it the offensive side. Unless Wade is gonna start chunking that lil cowhide pill all over the yard for the Texans, Wade isn't gonna help the lack of offensive production.

I think the defensive leaks were Herring just not experienced in defensive play calling in the NFL, although I think he did a decent job, and yes Wade will right that ship when he gets back.

but like I said, Wade can't fix the problem that has been laid at Kubiak's feet...

No I'm trying to put it all on Yates, and if it seems that way, I'm not. The playcalling has been, as you say, pee wee esq the last few weeks. I agree with this.

But what is Yates doing that Kubiak is, what is it seems to be, losing faith in him to throw the ball down field. They have not had a deep ball since Jacoby dropped that one against Cincy, I believe, over 30 yards it seems.

Is it because Eric Winston has become a revolving door the last few weeks and has been getting TJ hit? Seems like most of the sacks have come from that right side as of late...

It is kinda mind boggling...

i think they are losing faith in our WRs to throw it down the field, Walter is getting more deep balls than jones, so what does that tell you ?

i think they are losing faith in our WRs to throw it down the field, Walter is getting more deep balls than jones, so what does that tell you ?

You throw down the field any way. You play to "win" the game. YOu have what you have, and these guys are NFL WR's. If you aren't even confident enough to think that your WR's can make plays down the field and catch balls, than release them and bring in guys off of the street. Either way, the coach is a complete failure if he has guys on this roster that he doesn't feel that he can trust to make plays. What the hell were they ever on this team for in the first place than?? You have to at least allow them the chance to fail and come up short. Playing scared and playing not to lose is what losers do. There is absolutely no excuse not to trust your WR's. That's why you employed them.

You throw down the field any way. You play to "win" the game. YOu have what you have, and these guys are NFL WR's. If you aren't even confident enough to think that your WR's can make plays down the field and catch balls, than release them and bring in guys off of the street. Either way, the coach is a complete failure if he has guys on this roster that he doesn't feel that he can trust to make plays. What the hell were they ever on this team for in the first place than?? You have to at least allow them the chance to fail and come up short. Playing scared and playing not to lose is what losers do. There is absolutely no excuse not to trust your WR's. That's why you employed them.

do you feel confident in Jacoby Jones to catch the deep pass down the field ?

Yes!!! He's an NFL WR for god ****ing sake!! Just a few weeks ago he caught a pass down the field on the first few plays of the game and ran it in for a TD. If you don't think he can catch a ball down the field than what in the **** is he doing on this team??? How in the world is he your 3rd WR than?? How did he get an extension??

Whether you have a lack of confidence in him or not, you allow him to run his routes and try to make plays. He's been here for years, so obviously Kubes felt he could make plays. If not, than what on earth is he doing as a starter?? There is absolutely no reason not to trust your WR's when they have been here for 4+ seasons. They've been here for years because you as a coach thought they were suitable enough to play for your team and "start" for your team. How you couldn't all of a sudden trust guys like that is beyond any rationale or logical thinking as a HC.

We have looked terrible the last couple of weeks but what makes you think the Titans are any better?

They just lost to the Colts at home , not to mention we KILLED them earlier this year.

Yes!!! He's an NFL WR for god ****ing sake!! Just a few weeks ago he caught a pass down the field on the first few plays of the game and ran it in for a TD. If you don't think he can catch a ball down the field than what in the **** is he doing on this team??? How in the world is he your 3rd WR than?? How did he get an extension??

Whether you have a lack of confidence in him or not, you allow him to run his routes and try to make plays. He's been here for years, so obviously Kubes felt he could make plays. If not, than what on earth is he doing as a starter?? There is absolutely no reason not to trust your WR's when they have been here for 4+ seasons. They've been here for years because you as a coach thought they were suitable enough to play for your team and "start" for your team. How you couldn't all of a sudden trust guys like that is beyond any rationale or logical thinking as a HC.

OK so you agree that we should be able to leave KJ on an island and stop Wayne from scoring, since he is a NFL CB correct !

Did'nt the titans lose to the colt's last week? Why is everyone so sure we lose next week? One week we are gonna win the superbowl next week were going to lose 4 in a row. lmfao.

Did'nt the titans lose to the colt's last week? Why is everyone so sure we lose next week? One week we are gonna win the superbowl next week were going to lose 4 in a row. lmfao.

Yeah, it's mind boggling at times. Lol!

We can definitely beat the Titans, and I believe that we will. The chaotic stuff around here is the folks that think we can win a SB with all of these injuries and mainly being injuries at QB where you have a rookie leading your team. The Texans were never going to win a SB. But for folks to actually believe we had a strong chance of that, to flip flop that fast is what gets me around here. These week to week flip floppers that change their views of this team and the coach like the weather.

We have looked terrible the last couple of weeks but what makes you think the Titans are any better?

They just lost to the Colts at home , not to mention we KILLED them earlier this year.

You are correct, the Texans also were averaging 28 pts per game, even without Andre Johnson. they are now averaging 16 pts per game with out Schaub or AJ.

You had a QB who has thrown for 9,000 + yards playing that game and making sound decisions.

You now have a QB that the HC does not trust enough to throw the ball more than 25 yards down the field...

Before the Titans had to respect Schaub's ability to bootleg and find a receive down the field. Titans do not have to do that with Yates...

BUT, I will say this the Texans ended a 2 gm skid by pounding the Titans in their own home, so maybe they can end another by doing the same in Reliant...

Allot has changed from the last time the Texans played the Titans...

Now. Is. NOT. The. ****ING. Time.

This.

This team has surprised me at every turn. In their wins just as much as their losses.

I have no doubt in my mind that them boys on Kirby haven't given up hope. I still believe.

I have no idea how we're going to do anything from this point forward.

But when they are standing there with that Lombardi & they say, "No one gave us a chance."

They won't be talking about Thunderkyss.

10-6, AFC South Champions, playoff berth...

All firsts for this franchise, so we have that to hang our hats on.

Lowered standards? You betcha'! I'm a TEXANS FAN!! :texflag:

Gotta crawl before you can walk.

I think everyone just wants this team and franchise to be a successful one. I'll take a playoff appearance and Division title every year folks.

Sure.
see the 80-yd bomb he opened up the game with on the Buccs. Granted, that was from Schaub but it was a deep ball into double coverage.

But the QB has to have the confidence and the smarts to make the damned throw.

Last time I looked Kubiak hasn't taken a single snap from center since he's been here.

Schaub has the confidence to make deep throws. Apparently Yates does not. I think the boy is still over cautious from those two picks he threw in the Panthers game.

Back