So I'm Houston for a Mock Draft

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by b0ng, Feb 13, 2008.

1. b0ng

b0ng Ooops

And I've got the guy who is running the Cowboys offering me a 2nd (#33) and a 4th (#28 I believe) and he wants our first. I told him to go away with that nonsense and not to come back with anything less than a 2nd, 4th, and a 5th to trade all the way out of the 1st round.

What would you guys take for trade? Who would you target on other teams? The guy running the Bronco's sounded like he would let go of Dumervil for a mid-round draft pick.

What do you guys think? If you want to know what website this is on just PM and I'll reply as soon as I get to it.

I'd really like to get everybody's opinion on this that's a Texans fan so I can say I represented the fans wants with this Mockup.

2. Maddict5

Maddict5 Hall of Fame

take it and trade the mid rounder for dumervil.. then take anthony collins @ 33 = great deal

im the texans in a mock too and traded down with CLE.. got a 2nd(51), 4th(108) and brandon macdonald (the rookie that 'shut down' AJ last year- with alot of help i may add.. but hes as good young cb so i made the trade)

3. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

How do the Coboys have the #33 pick? I thought it was Miami's. + Is he trying to have 3 1st round draft picks???

Anyways, I ABSOLUTELY DO NOT do that trade at all. Cowboys have like the 30th pick in each round. Doesn't make since he's not willing to give up at least his later 1st rd pick. But if he doesn't want to get rid of his 2 1st rounders, you have to take all their picks 2nd-7th rounds and that still wouldn't equal our points. But I am confused at what picks the Cowboys actually have in your draft.

I would offer a 4th round pick for Dumervil. Why are the Broncs wanting to get rid of him? He'd be a great pass rusher opposite mario- and he's only like 23 or 24.

4. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

No way I trade the #18 pick for 2,4 & 5. Go away. IF Stewart, Mendenhall and the good corners are gone and we did not get a solid starting CB in FA, I will consider Dallas' two firsts (I'd give our first and a 4th) or Atlanta's twos. I would then focus on J. Charles & Anthony Collins with D's picks or Atlanta's I'd go Chris Johnson and again Collins who may end up anywhere or LT Baker, Cherilus or Cousins. The 18th should get us a starter or a damn good trade.

5. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

I was too busy last year for our yearly mock but I plan on having our old school mock this season...I need some volunteers to help me manage it though....apply within and be ready for a pee test and a personality profile...and a background check. After that you must say the Pledge of Allegiance to the Comrades without a text prompt. Then you may get consideration.

6. Ole Miss Texan

Hmm, will you specifically be testing for "productivity enhancers"?

7. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

Beerlover may have issues

8. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

I ain't looking at no one's buttocks.

9. b0ng

b0ng Ooops

Talked to the guy running the Bronco's and he's more interested in Travis Johnson for Dumervil straight up and I don't think it's a terrible trade. If he pushes I might throw in a 7th or a 6th although I don't think I'll have to. Johnson for Dumervil sound fair? (Don't ask me why he's trying to blow up his defensive line, but I don't think he was all that impressed with it last year).

I'll volunteer to do either the Titans, Jags, or Colts if that actually came to fruitition.

The trade fell through, and I think the player that was acting for Dallas just likes to wheel and deal. He got rid of Patrick Crayton, Roy Williams, and Miles Austin for practically nothing, it's ridiculous.

10. Maddict5

Maddict5 Hall of Fame

take dumervil for tj straight up and draft red bryant

11. Maddict5

Maddict5 Hall of Fame

im houston in a mock off-season too and this is our situation after FA... let me know what you think. draft should be o-line heavy

12. b0ng

b0ng Ooops

UPDATE:

So I made my pick earlier tonight, but I want to see what you guys think. These were the selections

1. Chris Long DE
    2. Jake Long LT
    3. Vernon Gholston OLB/DE
    4. Darren McFadden RB
    5. Sedrick Ellis DT
    6. Glen Dorsey DT
    7. Dominique Rogers-Cromartie CB
    8. Keith Rivers OLB
    9. Brian Brohm QB
    10. Mike Jenkins CB
    11. Malcom Kelly WR
    12. Ryan Clady
    13. Derrick Harvey DE
    14. Jonathan Stewart RB
    15. Leodis McKelvin CB
    16. Rashard Mendenhall CB
    17. Chris Williams OT
    18. ?

I was perplexed for a second as to whom I should pick. I figured I had to pick a player for the secondary, but I was torn between a few players. I couldn't get anybody to trade back with me for anything better than the 28 and then a 5th.

Before you ask, yes there was trading involved too with this draft, thats why the picks look all funky. This draft order was completely jumbled due to trading.

13. Specnatz

Specnatz Site Contributor

At that point I would try and trade down because of Matt Ryan on the board and I would think a team would be jonesing for him, other wise I would draft Jeff Otah. All the CB that are worth a first round are gone and so are the RB.

14. b0ng

b0ng Ooops

Couldn't trade down, all I was getting was a 28 and a 5th so that was a no-go. And I figured that Otah wouldn't be high on Kubiak/Smith's board due to size/slowness.

15. Maddict5

Maddict5 Hall of Fame

you took kenny phillips or barandon flowers... im thinking mr flowers

16. Ole Miss Texan

I'd probably take Antoine Cason in this situation.

17. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

I agree. Best CB on the board at this point.

18. YoungTexanFan

YoungTexanFan Hall of Fame

A few guys I'm assuming you considered with that draft board: Talib, Rivers, Alberts (for OG), Stewart, Phillips, and Campbell.

19. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

Stewart & Rivers are both taken already.

20. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

I would take Merling or Albert