Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

So how do ya feel after the loss?

mapleleaf

Waterboy
After the 2002 victory over the Cowcrappers 19-10, and just yesterday the seems to have found revenge over that game. Now how do you feel now? indifferent would be my feeling right now.

I don't think the Cowboys were looking at revenge. That's something us fans dream up. Dallas was looking at another sub-par AFC team as they fight their way in a really tough division. We are not rivals, and never will be when we only play each other every five seasons.

How do I feel? Great! I met Buckethead this weekend.

Well now that the other team in Texas has evened the series is it still okay to bring up 19-10? If it is then in what context can it be used? Also is it to be used sparingly now, or can we just let it fly all over the place like those 5 rings we have heard so much about.

This is a serious question from a serious fan:confused:

gloating about our first game ever gets old after 4-5 years and that is still this teams best moment.

Man, I'm not going to try and even lie bout this one. I feel like S##T. I expected a more competitive game yesterday and once again they crapped in their britches when it got a'lil tough out there. This team needs wholesale changes next year in a major way. I'm still a TEXAN but they better start showing some balls, plain &simple.

To be honest, all the 19-10 smack only served to remind me that our very first game was our best memory. And that's just a sad state of mind, IMO, when you consider that it was five seasons ago.

We should put 19-10 to rest and keep it in our collective Texans memories. Dragging it out again and again only tarnishes it's once great luster. And now it will be countered by Cowboys fans with 34-6 anyway. So what's the point?

Disappointed, because I thought the score would have been closer.

But, what can I do except look forward to the next game. :homer:

Feel awful. Different game and season, same result. Time for changes, see what sticks and what does not. The coach usually gets one season of futility at the detriment of the fans, but if they do not use it correctly no one gets better. Insanity stinks, make changes.

After the 2002 victory over the Cowcrappers 19-10, and just yesterday the seems to have found revenge over that game. Now how do you feel now? indifferent would be my feeling right now.

Hmmm. It's about what I thought.

In all the games the Texans have had so far this year, the Texans have been outmatched at just about every position. If you are just logically looking at each matchup, we shouldn't have won any games so far this year, including against the Dolphins.

Actually, I found it was encouraging that the defense showed something in the first half--they are not good enough to deal with giving up the ball three times in a row in the second half. The Cowboys kept their game against the Eagles within reach despite the turnovers, but their defense is better than ours. After the first couple of games, I thought the Texans defense had nothing, but at least we saw a half of something.

I am bummed about Seth Payne going down, and probably ending his career. It is going to make the Texans even thinner at DT.

At this point of the season, every part of the team has showed a little something except the run game. The horrible thing is that I am not sure there are any short term fixes for this. The run blocking has been bad, and no team would want the running backs we have on staff.

I don't think the Cowboys were looking at revenge. That's something us fans dream up. Dallas was looking at another sub-par AFC team as they fight their way in a really tough division. We are not rivals, and never will be when we only play each other every five seasons.

They weren't looking at revenge. Didn't read one quote from any Cowboys player or coach that even mentioned that game or was still licking their wounds.

Fans do dream it up.

I think the Cowboys were still miserable after last week's loss and it showed in the first half. But then the Texan mistakes started and that killed them.

Not as bad as i feel about our worthless, disloyal fanbase.
at least we aren't happy just to be here....I consider that kinda pathetic. Being upset at a garbage team is something good fans do....just waiving a flag and being happy we suck is HS team stuff.

Not as bad as i feel about our worthless, disloyal fanbase.

Great call out. Spending time on this board, traveling to Dallas and then back, which has no tangible dollar value to Mr. McNair, is indicative of a worthless, disloyal fan base. :rolleyes:

sorry I should have specified that that is directed at a portion of our fanbase, not the entire fanbase :D

at least we aren't happy just to be here....I consider that kinda pathetic. Being upset at a garbage team is something good fans do....just waiving a flag and being happy we suck is HS team stuff.

I agree.. I dont personally prescribe to the "well at least we have a team" mindframe.. and I think that you HAVE to be critical of the team and question what they are doing, and how they are going about doing it.

Im just damn tired of reading people saying the team is worthless, the season is over, dunta robinson sucks, david carr sucks, mario williams sucks, gato and dayne suck, our oline sucks, our linebackers suck, kubiak sucks, mr mcnair sucks, etc..etc..

After all that.. its inevitable that someone is gonna point out that the fans suck, and im ready and willing to be that person :wild: hehe

well, i don't like it. I did expect it and i'm not surprised. Just really upset at having eight tickets to three home games in december that will mean absolutely nothing. It's getting real old watching meaningless games in november and december. This loss confirms we have a long way to go. No false impressions given by this team. Will win more games this year, but we will also have more lopsided losses, as this coaching regime is not just playing to keep it close. I like that attitude, but it will result in some lopsided losses that we have seen.

Well again after scoring on our first possession, we went 4 and out, and 3 and out, both times trying to run, then having to throw our way out. If this is the Kubiak offense we could have kept Capers, looks like the same play calling to me. I hate losing, and I hate it that Kubiak is so predictable. The Texans need an open forum with their fan base, so we can list our grieviences with the coaches. Let Carr call the plays maybe ? I love a conspiracy, maybe Rosenfeld is Kubiaks QB and he wants David to fail so he can bring in HIS choice ( ? ). In 4 of the games this year, we have been out played at every position on the field, every position, or is it that the scheme doesn't work ? But the Coach is the one responsible for ALL of the decisions when it is all said and done, and Kubiak is failing Coaching 101. How is it that we brought in an offensive guru, and he can't see that the run doesn't work, but he keeps on calling the run ? You would think at some point he would learn that banging your head against the wall, is a bad idea, I just want him to learn this before the season is in the toilet.
:brickwall Did the wall break yet ? :brickwall Did the wall break yet ?:brickwall did the wall break yet ?:brickwall

Unfortunately, I'm becoming indifferent to the losses..... almost numb to them. The wins tend to come as a shock - and I think it comes as a shock to the Texans as well.

Need an attitude adjustment all around.

Nice! How is he up and close? I have seen him play a couple of times but have never met him. What is he like?

I've got mixed feelings. I thought the game was going to be close, and for the most part, things went the way I expected it to.

On the scripted plays, we marched down the field.

Our run game was pretty bad, but it managed to keep us on the field, and keep the defense guessing. OUr drive for the field goal was heavily produced by the run, penalties generated by our run game, because we had them beat, and of course some nice gains through the air.

But our passing game isn't strong enough yet, to open up the run, much less stand on its own.

Defensively, I like the progress I'm seeing with the front seven. Attacking the passer, and considering the run game as an after thought bit us hard, just like I knew it would.

I was pleased to see Buchannon on the field, but that feeling quickly eroded. I'm surprised he didn't get 2 PIs yesterday.

I thought David's caution with the ball, and our special teams play would keep the game close, and give us a chance to win in the 4th Qtr.

But David's old, "I'll just stare at this guy really hard, and make him catch this ball" trick isn't working any better now, than it has for the past 4 years. He had some really good throws, took some chances I was pleased to see, but that one aweshiiit.... ruined all the attaboys he accumulated.

Same with the fumble by EdellSheppard. I hope Kubiak doesn't deactivate him for the rest of the season(as it appears he's done with Lundy), but that fumble just erased all the positive rep he'd accumulated.

it would have been nice for our boys to step up on those back to back to back turnovers on our side of the field, but to expect them to isn't really fair. They did hold Dallas to a field goal on the first one though. But they are too young, and too raw to expect them to do much more than that.

OUr run game...... IMHO, it looks like we were more Denver than GreenBay, and I'm pleased with that. Most every moved together, and appears to have picked up their zones pretty well. a few more practices, and maybe even another game, and they should be adequate at least. It would have helped tremendously if they were more aggressive in their blocks, and not mearly get in the defenders way.

Right now, I don't think we'll make 13-3 like I projected. 12-4 may be a bit of a stretch, but I'm holding firm at 11-5. & we're still sweeping the Jags.

At least I find myself watching more college games looking for possible draft selections. BTW, just because someone criticizes a coach, player, play or owner does not mean he is giving up on the team. This go down with the Titanic mentality I see with some of you is becoming ridiculous. In today's world there is too much to do, to watch a team play poorly. I do not demand wins, but I do demand good effort.

Parcells manages with fear. The cowboys spent the entire game trying to take some heads off some shoulders. The hit on Kevin Walters and his reaction was our offensive surrender. They beat the hell out of us. Oru defensive surrender was being forced to play El Matador in the secondary. Our secondary is just awful. The Texans surrendered. Obviously at half time Parcells used words like "you'll be packing your **** Monday" and other phrases of encouragement.

The Texans got mugged by a meaner bunch of a-holes. Damn Kubes, whatever you are doing at half time, maybe mix in some headless chickens or something. The other teams come out after half time and mash. We get mashed.

Why must David Carr be our cross to bear? Sage rosenfelds and probably a guy working at UPS this morning can throw a tight spiral 15 yards on the out. We saw that yesterday. David Carr isn't doing anything superhuman or extra special that merits his ass stilling being a starter. He can make the throws. He's a dumb, boring, easily outsmarted POS when it comes to makin the plays. He's awful and needs to GO! Don't blame Mario. Blame Carr and Kubes. I see Vince Young has started making plays. Where this season is headed I kind of hope he comes in here and kicks our ass. Only because it would be kicking Bob McNair's ass and since he's making his billions anyway, at least we can get even by watching his team get denutted by a guy he passed on. So we could keep Davie Carr. Maybe if we get lucky when Davie retires we can get his little brother Dub Dub to take over. The Carr dynasty. Enough of this ****.

Im just damn tired of reading people saying the team is worthless, the season is over, dunta robinson sucks, david carr sucks, mario williams sucks, gato and dayne suck, our oline sucks, our linebackers suck, kubiak sucks, mr mcnair sucks, etc..etc..
Right now, at 1-4 and all 4 of those losses being 14 points or more, I'd say there's a whole lot of sucking going on. I'm damn tired of the losing. Even the laughinstock Buccaneers who lost the first 26 games they ever played, made the playoffs in year 4. This team isn't close in year 5. That's right, 5 years now and they barely look like a football team. What do you think, another 2-3 years or more before they contend for the playoffs? That puts us at 7-8 years or more. That's a lot of freaking losing.

I'll still be at Reliant for every game but that doesn't mean I'm going to be happy with the product I'm seeing.

Nice! How is he up and close? I have seen him play a couple of times but have never met him. What is he like?

Super cool! Very shy and quiet (he kept his mask on, but not the bucket, and didn't say one word), and we got some autographs and pictures with him (only waited until 4:00 a.m.!). Went to Austin to see him again on Saturday night, and had a great Buckethead weekend (front row both shows). Lots of fun for this music fan. :thumbup

I feel dry humped.

The team absolutely folded in the second half. We made do with a terrible running game in the first half but still competed and showed energy. After the 1st Dallas touchdown, you knew that if we didn't score immediately, that the defense would fold it up.

Psychologically, this team is damaged goods and I don't know what we can all do to change that for them. Other than bringing in wholesale changes again next year, this team suffers from "Loser-itis".

Look up and down the roster, and the only player on ur squad ever to be involved in a big game is Andre Johnson, national championship at U of Miami. Other than that... this team is metally soft.

I'm disgusted with our attitude when things are going badly....I'm disgusted with our vanilla hand off running game....I'm disgusted with our 3rd down play calling....I'm disgusted with being at the 4 with 4 downs and getting 2 yrds.....My stomache hurts....My team is letting me down...I will be in a poor mood all week until saturday when I will begin to feal anxious about Sundays game....
Being a fan is not easy at the moment.

Kubiak please do something.

Oh and I'm disguest I have a Dall-ass avatar. :crying:

I can remember playing highschool football and if the other team had committed 4 personal fouls on us in the 1st 4 minutes our coach would have directed us to fuxx them up....where is our heart?

I am also a compulisive eater and since the season started I have gained 20 lbs due to depression eating....going to get some oreos and a cheeseburgers right now....please stop the madness....

Parcells manages with fear. The cowboys spent the entire game trying to take some heads off some shoulders. The hit on Kevin Walters and his reaction was our offensive surrender. They beat the hell out of us. Oru defensive surrender was being forced to play El Matador in the secondary. Our secondary is just awful. The Texans surrendered. Obviously at half time Parcells used words like "you'll be packing your **** Monday" and other phrases of encouragement.

Roy Williams can't cover worth a darn but he is a punishing hitter.

Seeing as I predicted a 28-10 lose, not particularly surprised, but the 2nd half play was pathetic. 1st half not bad, a bit ragged and not terribly inspired play calling, but the tape of the second half needs to be burned.

Well again after scoring on our first possession, we went 4 and out, and 3 and out, both times trying to run, then having to throw our way out. If this is the Kubiak offense we could have kept Capers, looks like the same play calling to me. I hate losing, and I hate it that Kubiak is so predictable. :brickwall

This is our second possession:

Houston Texans at 06:20
1-10-HOU26 (6:20) D.Carr scrambles up the middle to HST 32 for 6 yards (B.James).
2-4-HOU32 (5:42) D.Carr pass incomplete short middle to A.Johnson (A.Henry). Slant from left end.
3-4-HOU32 (5:38) S.Gado up the middle to HST 32 for no gain (D.Ware; J.Ratliff).
4-4-HOU32 (4:59) C.Stanley punts 39 yards to DAL 29, Center-B.Pittman. S.Green to DAL 29 for no gain (C.Brown).
PENALTY on DAL-S.Green, Invalid Fair Catch Signal, 5 yards, enforced at DAL 29.

Looks like we tried to pass the ball on two consecutive snaps, then tried to run our way to a first down.

Here's our third possession:
Houston Texans at 03:52
1-10-HOU2 (3:52) D.Carr scrambles right end to HST 11 for 9 yards (R.Williams).
2-1-HOU11 (3:09) S.Gado left tackle to HST 11 for no gain (D.Ware).
3-1-HOU11 (2:35) D.Carr up the middle to HST 11 for no gain (J.Hatcher). Quarterback sneak.
4-1-HOU11 (2:00) (Punt formation) C.Stanley punts 30 yards to HST 41, Center-B.Pittman, fair catch by S.Green.

we didn't pick up that 1 yard with our running game, but neither possession fit the description you're trying to paint.

I went into this game, it is now two weeks later. Thinking our run game will struggle, but David's been pretty good with the ball. As long as we don't have any miscues behind the LOS, we should be able to keep the game close, as Bledsoe has a problem handling pressure.

little did I know David would double his INT count, and our great special teams play would be hit with a turnover as well.

I am disappointed that our Defense did not get a stop after the three turnovers, & I was upset that Terrell couldn't put up a 3 TD performance against a winning team, but chose to "pose" after scoring 3 TDs on a team that went 2-14 last year.

But other than that, I thought it was a good game. In that second half, you could see two guys who really want to play on our team making some noise in the middle of our Defensive line.

Dalton(#75) & Maddox(#95) looked pretty good, I couldn't wait to see them against Jax......

Back