So, do you think the Texans "played well"?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Hookem Horns, Oct 9, 2005.

1. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

When asked if the Titans game was a must win last week, David Carr said “I don’t think it is a must win, but I think it is a must play well,”

Since the goal was not to win the game today however to just "play well", did David Carr reach his goal?

Since there are no official stats on "playing well", I guess it is the fan's call. I honestly don't think I would chalk this one up as a "played well" game. Maybe we will have to wait for next week.

2. Tulip

Tulip Hall of Fame

He said that?

Every game is a must-win. What kind of competitor thinks otherwise?

3. Hookem Horns

Yep, we were joking about this on the other board leading up to this game, however it did irritate me to no end. It also reaks of Dom Capers too.

[​IMG]

4. Proteus

Proteus Rookie

WHAT???? David Carr, our starting Quaterback, leader of the team, said that pile of poop! (forgive the harshness of that last word) When a QB says something like that... it is time to be FIRED! Everyone, I'm starting a new thread using this quote to show how insanely stupid drafting David Carr was.

5. Hookem Horns

6. Tulip

Tulip Hall of Fame

Exactly. And I remember Capers making some quote after the Bengals game that peeved me to no end as well. I just remember that he sounded satisfied that the Texans were "better" even though they lost.

7. Proteus

Proteus Rookie

I got this quote from an earlier post:

When asked if the Titans game was a must win last week, David Carr said “I don’t think it is a must win, but I think it is a must play well,”

What the crap does THAT mean?? Is this the kind of attitude we want in a STARTING QB? Every game is a MUST win! Who determines if a game was 'played well'? Is there a stat I'm overlooking? Maybe its the 'game played well' stat. Hey, Carr... how was your GPW? As far as I'm concerned, Carr needs to reevaluate what he is doing on this team. If he is not a winner with a winner's attitude, he can go back to where he came from! I don't want someone on MY team who thinks like that.
    ~Proteus

8. Tulip

Tulip Hall of Fame

Maybe it's just semantics, but I see it as evidence of the bad psychological influence the coaching staff is having on Carr. The whole team has the wrong attitude, and I don't know how far up you have to clean house in order to rid the Texans organization of their debilitating mindset.

Wow! Astros win!

9. Proteus

Proteus Rookie

My Bad guys.... I accidently posted this here instead of a new thread. When I did fix the problem, I think the old moderator took that post off the main thread anyway.
    ~Proteus

10. Hookem Horns

I agree with the Capers comment. That is why I mentioned earlier that his comment reaked of Capers.

11. Elite

Elite Veteran

Well everyone sucked except David Carr its never his fault i hope i dont sound like a :homer:

12. touttail

touttail All Pro

So, do you think the Texans played well?

Hook'em you are joshing right? LOL

bobby 119C :tomato:

13. Hookem Horns