Sleeper DB's

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by rmartin65, Mar 1, 2007.

1. rmartin65

rmartin65 I'm Score

2. threetoedpete

threetoedpete Hall of Fame

There's a lot of them out there this draft for sure. I like the Syracuse guy. The wyoming guy and the Oregon St. guy will be on the board top of the third. I like David Irons and the Tennesse kid Wade, as CBs. Just a lot of good prospects that'll be on the board durring day one.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/2007-02-28-steroids-investigation_x.htm

Just subtrack who is not in this guys top 64...lots of tallent sliding into rounds three and four at the defensive skill positions.

3. htownfoozball

htownfoozball Veteran

corey graham CB new hampshire

rod rogers FS wisconsin (injured his ACL or MCL in the bowl game)

4. YoungTexanFan

YoungTexanFan Hall of Fame

My two favorites are Bain and Grahm. Both will be above solid in the league IMO.

5. Trap_Star

Trap_Star SiteContributor

What do you guys think of the DB from Syracuse? I forgot his name...Jackson i think...

6. Clash_Fan3605

Clash_Fan3605 Veteran

Tanard? He'll be a sleeper as well. CB is actually pretty deep this year. We must draft a DB in rounds 1-3.

7. AlbinoRat

AlbinoRat Veteran

Tennessee's Jonathan Wade is a good option that will go second day. A track star at UT, not a particular flashy kind of player. Best memory I have was him picking JaMarcus Russell off down in Death Valley and taking it to like the 3 yard line. Set us up and got us back in that game. Led the rally from down like 20 points to a victory in OT. The kids quick, decent nickel option.

8. 22cannon

22cannon Rookie

John Wendling from WYo or Sabby Piscatelli from ORe. those are the best guys going into the 3rd round.

9. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

this guy is not a sleeper but rated nowhere near his ability level & someone for the Texans to investigate seriously (some off field issues from past). Eric Wright CB UNLV. had a great combine and watching drills impressed me more than any other cb, very aggressive moves towards the ball. here is a breakdown of combine #s with one of the top WR prospects who also had an outstanding combine. notice how similar the measureables are & know this could be a head to head future match-up in the NFL-

Jason Hill WR WSU........6-1 204 4.32 (20)2.50 (10)1.49 (vertical)37 (b. jump) 10'3" (shuttle) 4.22 (cone) 7.02
    Eric Wright CB UNLV.....5-11 192 4.36 (20)2.55 (10)1.48 (vertical)36 1/2 (b. jump)10'3" (shuttle)4.23 (cone)6.93

10. htownfoozball

htownfoozball Veteran

as much as i like wright and his measurables, hes very raw. i would rather take a sleeper CB later in the 5th with similar measurables from a small school like corey graham or travarous bain. chances are we will take landry, so we can afford to take a CB later due to having the safety having his back.

11. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

not with those measureables, they're elite. I would have no problem drafting safety & cb 1-2. at least the secondary would be set :winky: