Sizing Up Our Next Opponent....

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by CloakNNNdagger, Aug 17, 2008.

1. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

The CowGirls evidently could have been wearing an DD bra to represent their dismal performance on both sides of the ball this weekend against the Broncs.

An interesting article (worth reading in its entirety) in the Dallas Morning Times which "tells it like it is":

2. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

I've read they are playing extremely vanilla football. Every team plays vanilla to a degree in the preseason but much more so in this case. I hope they open things up against us because I would like the team to know what they need to work on before they go to Pittsburgh.

3. WWJD

WWJD Hall of Fame

They committed too many penalities after big plays which has been an ongoing problem for the Cowboys for any number of years.

They were only behind a TD in the 4th quarter which is hardly insurmountable but they just played sloppy. And that's death to any team even in preseason.

4. ReliantTexan

ReliantTexan Veteran

I would like to see us have a good passing attack against their secondary. To prove that it wasn't just because we were facing a weak secondary against the Saints that they were so sucessful the last game.

5. MEGA SWATT

MEGA SWATT Hall of Fame

Dallas cowgirls are going down:kingkong:

6. CloakNNNdagger

I'd be more worried about if OUR seconday can hold up against their passing game. Our running game will have to distinguish itself. But take it to the bank, it will be the Romo/Reeves Show. The winner likely will determine the direction of the game.

7. Silver Oak

Silver Oak Hall of Fame

the 3rd preseason game, don't the starters usually go the whole first half, as next week (week 4), they'll probably barely play. If so, it will be a good litmus test for our Defense against their offense. Lots of good matchups to watch and definitely one worthy of recording.

In the 3-4 the Girls run, would DeMarcus Ware go up against Duane Brown? That alone would be a very good matchup to watch.

8. CloakNNNdagger

In the ZBS against the 3-4, the LT goes against the RDE, the RG isn't covered and therefore is involved in double teaming. The backcside can then be reinforced by an RB, FB, TE or WR in motion.

SheTexan likes this.

9. wolf123

wolf123 All Pro

I don't care if its preseason or not I love seeing the texans beat the cowboys!

10. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

I'd sure like to see the Romo/Crap-here-comes-Mario! show. :mario:

11. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

This is going to be a real test for our new LT when he goes up against one of
    the best, some say the best, edge rusher in the league today in DeMarcus Ware.

12. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

Kubiak said in his press conference that the starters will go close to 3 quarters

13. Brando

Brando Site Contributor

Watched a little of their game against the Broncos and Zach Thomas can still play. Watch out for #55.

14. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

Last year, they kept their starters in longer than the Texans kept their starters in. Cowboys still lost.

If you look at the history of the series, both regular and preseason, the home team has been the winner.

The Texans really need to work on winning on the road. As far as fake games go, this would be a good one for them to win.

15. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

Some would be wrong, because the best plays here in Houston.

:texflag: :homer:

16. CloakNNNdagger

From all appearance, the Girls will be switching from last year's cover defense to man. From the preview of the 1st 2 preseason games on both sides, I would have to say I like our WRs' chances for big plays.

17. 76Texan

76Texan Hall of Fame

It's likely that on certain running play, Brown will have to get up and try to cut off Ware or Thomas, or just to slow them down a little.

In the passing game, there might still be time when Brown will take on the blitzing LB (I've seen VTech in their ZBS against the 3-4, but I don't know if the Texans will do the same once in a while or not at all.)

18. 76Texan

76Texan Hall of Fame

Their D-backfield stunk last year, too!

19. Norg

Norg -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

i hope we beat dallas just because u know its dallas

and it was a winning team last year

Saints and Denver not so much but i do think Saints will be a force this year

20. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

The Texans have in the past been plagued by penalties on both sides of the ball as well .... A good sign that the offense has it together is the One penalty over a Two game span .... A Flase Start on B.Frye at around the 8 minute mark of the 3rd quarter Vs. the 'Aints . Thats 6.5 quaters without an offensive penalty . The fact that its preseason makes it all the more impressive.