Since everyone is making NBA comparisons....

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by El Tejano, Sep 14, 2006.

1. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

Let's see Portland went for Bowie over Jordan = Williams over Bush.

Rockets went for Hakeem, who is from Nigeria, didn't play BB until his senior year in high school, wasn't recruited but tried out and made it on Phi Slama Jama at UofH, and later became one (IMO the best) center to ever play the game and two championships to go with all that.

Texans now have Samkon Gado who idolized Christian "The Nigerian Nightmare" Okeye, like Hakeem and Okeye was born in Nigeria, was undrafted.

Maybe, just maybe.

Hey if people want to be all crazy and make the Bowie/Jordan comparisons we can make up our own also.

2. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

This not good enough?

3. Blake

Blake MMQB

I never bit on the Jordan Bush comparison. Jordan is 1/5th of his team. Bush is 1/22 of his team.

Basketball is crazy like that. One player can make or break an NBA champ team.

4. afcman

afcman Veteran

Have not even THOUGHT of basketball since Jordan left. And I sure as heck ain't gonna start now. IT'S FOOTBALL SEASON !!!!!!!!! Nothing else matters. No other sports exist when football is in season. :yahoo:

5. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

I know but everyone did make that comparison.

Now I am even finding out he played soccer and didn't play football until the eight grade. Now that compares a little to Hakeem.

Again guys just jokes based on the crazy people that are comparing our draft to an NBA draft.

6. santo

santo Hall of Fame

He might lead us to two Super Bowl wins then...:stirpot: :superman: :trophy:

7. dtran04

dtran04 Hall of Fame

Yao Ming could also work. EVERYONE criticized and made fun of the Rockets for picking him. Jay Williams was the hype and sure thing. He was called the best PG prospect in years (in typical ESPN fashion). Obviously the motorcycle wreck changed things but it's an example of people buying into hype. Yao's first weeks of games were actually pretty miserable too.

8. real

real Guest

I remember differently....I remember Yao being the consensus #1....

9. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

I remember. And I admit I was a Horry hater until I saw him play.