Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Since All Colors is cancelled.....

Is everyone still interested in doing the All Colors tailgate?

• I will be there....Just tell me where and when.

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Maybe....depends on the day

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Nope...I'd rather be in dullas

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

TxDavid

Veteran
Ok so all colors got cancelled. I've decided to run with this and try to make it happen still - I hope I'm not stepping on toes here.

Anyway - I've been checking into places to have it and have 2 possibilities. I'm going to check them out this week and post what I find. Not to worry - it's not going to be a bar or restaurant parking lot or anything. I'll post more when I get it finalized. Also - the prior tenative date is going to be different. Is everyone still interested?

Ok so all colors got cancelled. I've decided to run with this and try to make it happen still - I hope I'm not stepping on toes here.

Anyway - I've been checking into places to have it and have 2 possibilities. I'm going to check them out this week and post what I find. Not to worry - it's not going to be a bar or restaurant parking lot or anything. I'll post more when I get it finalized. Also - the prior tenative date is going to be different. Is everyone still interested?

David! Let me know as far ahead of time as possible so I can request the date off! I will help you any way I can.

Gma

One of the best things about my new position at work is I won't have to work weekends near as often, so I should be able to be there.

I know Mollys pub in the woodlands would roll with tailgating in the parking lot, roped off. You would however, have to buy their beer.

I know I am not a member of a tailgate , but I sent a pm to David and suggested doing it at someones property. This person is near the woodlands and has 10+ acres. The only problem would be people driving home. Which would not be allowd and keys would most likely be taken up unless a DD was appointed. Yeah it is up there and could be a bad idea in the making. It could also turn into something the even the kids could enjoy being this property would have a could teenagers there.

Just an idea and one that could fit a lot of people. Also, if so called baby sitters needed it would not be an issue as an all ages would be welcome. just submitting the idea, granted I am on insomnia sleep and would have to check things out with the owners, but if my sister says no I would never talk to her again.

Ok, to start off with, my tailgating group has never done the All Colors tailgate and woun't be able to do it this year either - but it sounds like fun.

My question is this, if this is such a big deal (and it sounds like it is and getting bigger), why don't ya'll get the Texans/Reliant Stadium to donate a lot? Has anyone ever approached the Texans about it?

I would think that as long as you cleaned up after yourselves, it wouldn't be any big deal. I think any bar or club hosting the event would want the same thing.

Anyway, just a thougt.

:gathering:

Ok - I've got the place! The tenative date is MAY 12. I have to secure things tomorrow, and when it's confirmed I will post more then.

Specnatz - thanks for your offer, but I had already secured 2 spots and needed to pick one. Also - people will want to leave on their own terms not to mention liability issues that could arise for your sister/property owner.

This is not at a Bar/Restaurant, so you will be able to bring your own alchohol, food and whatnot.

What about the toobing trip y'all did before at Kim's parents place in New Braunfels? Is that coming back?

David,
Let me know where and when!!!....(hopefully not too far away!!)

Ok I have more news, but I'm starting a new thread on this. I've changed the name, sice Filo has always done all colors, I didn't want to mess with her tradition. So the info is under the thread: A Romp In The Park.

Ok I have more news, but I'm starting a new thread on this. I've changed the name, sice Filo has always done all colors, I didn't want to mess with her tradition. So the info is under the thread: A Romp In The Park.

Link please...................... j/k I will find it...

Sounds like a great time, David!

I don't know if we will be home that weekend...but if we are, I will definately bring my whatnot and gear. :joker:

Where is Cullen Park?

Where is Cullen Park?

Cullen Park is located on Barker Cypress & Saums in West Houston. There are over 300 city parks, and only 3 allow alcohol consumption. Before anyone asks, Cullen won the spot due to ease of unloading gear, good restrooms (the other two were REALLY bad), and space.

Cullen Park is located on Barker Cypress & Saums in West Houston. There are over 300 city parks, and only 3 allow alcohol consumption. Before anyone asks, Cullen won the spot due to ease of unloading gear, good restrooms (the other two were REALLY bad), and space.

No need to explain. My truck can make it on cruise control from there.

Back