Sigh.. DD not ready

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Dime, Aug 10, 2006.

1. Dime

Dime Hall of Fame

Just posted on Kffl.com

Texans | D. Davis injury update
    Thu, 10 Aug 2006 17:34:28 -0700

Associated Press reports Houston Texans head coach Gary Kubiak said RB Domanick Davis (knee) is still bothered by a knee injury. "We're hoping for Domanick to get back," Kubiak said. However, Kubiak said if the knee continues to give Davis problems the team is going to have to find someone else that can step up and be the team's starting tailback.

Texans | A. Smith to start at running back in first preseason game
    Thu, 10 Aug 2006 17:34:07 -0700

Updating previous reports, Associated Press reports Houston Texans head coach Gary Kubiak said RB Antowain Smith will start at tailback in the team's first preseason game because RB Domanick Davis (knee) is not ready to return yet.

2. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

I listened to Domanick yesterday on 610 and he sounded pumped and ready to get with the program, he is very mentally tough & a great fit for Kubiak's system. I'll bet he'll be ready to go by opening day and get between 15-20 carries for around 100 yards and a pair of TD's :redtowel:

3. disaacks3

disaacks3 Site Contributor

God, I hope so. I'd still like to see him get some quality reps in the pre-season though, we need to know whether the knee is really ready or not.

4. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

Some say I have been a pessimist regarding DD and his knee, but I think I was just being realistic. After taking everything in over the last few weeks, I do not think we will ever see the same Davis on the field that we have seen in the past and I seriously doubt if he is even able to play out his contract without causing some serious possible permanent damage to his knee, even though I hate the thought of all of it. I am not a DD hater, he is one of the few who have produced consitatnly for us over the years and one I consider to be one of the faces of the franchise, I hate it that he is going through this, I just want to see the old Davis on the field, I hope to God that my opinion on the situation is wrong.

5. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

Can't we just give him a bionic knee?

6. Tale Gator

Tale Gator ________

Sorry fellas -- microfracture is coming...

7. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

I tend to agree with this as well. The days of DD are nearing an end. Gee, who was available this offseason that could have been a great replacement for DD. Hmmm, anyone? I am stumped. :hmmm:

8. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

Edgerrin James?

9. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

Look at Porky's avatar.

10. Dime

Dime Hall of Fame

My god... get off reggie bush.. We needed Mario much more then Bush.. so get off of him...

11. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

Too old. Man, I have been thinking all night long. I just can't remember a stud Running Back that is young, can catch passes out of the backfield like DD, but has even better speed. I am totally stumped I tell ya. :spy:

12. ClutchTexan

ClutchTexan Noob

When was the last time DD has quality reps in the pre-season?

13. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

I'm not on him. Quit dry humping Mario while you are at it.

14. TexansLucky13

TexansLucky13 53d Signal Batt

Will there ever be a day when Porky stops that? :pigfly:

Enough about Reggie, we dont need him. Antowain Smith is relatively old but he is still very reliable... and believe me when I say that his career in the NFL to date is better than what Reggies will be at any time in the future....

15. Dime

Dime Hall of Fame

Dry humping huh... wow.. your talent for words is incredible. Least I dont have my head up one particular RBs rear. Lets see.. a rb back you wanted but didnt get,, ummm you have him as your avatar.. whats his name again.. come on.. you know you just wanna say his name at least one more time.

16. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

Nah, I have been banned by the Mario police. You know them as the ones who before the draft had never heard of him, and were fawing all over Reggie as if he were God himself, and acted as if the Earth orbited around the USC campus. Now, they are the same folks who swear they wanted Mario all along and that we don't need RB. At least I have a take, and stick to it. Unlike these newfound Mario lovers who couldn't have named him a month before the draft. Having said that, I hope like heck that Mario is a beast. I am in no way anti-Mario. I simply thought RB was the correct choice, and I will stand by that. Call me whatever you wish, but don't call me a flip flopper.

17. Dime

Dime Hall of Fame

Well, if you look at my prior posts, I was not a Bush fan except for the fact I wanted to trade down and get more picks. I think once I thought about it, Mario was a good pick, but I would have been quite happy with a trade down and more players or picks next year. But that past.

18. TexansLucky13

TexansLucky13 53d Signal Batt

I wanted Reggie. And yes, Mario was not someone I would have considering being the top pick. You can go back in time and view old posts to see that I wanted Bush as much as anyone. But that was only because I had not reviewed all the options. Those of us who had not heard about Mario Williams before did not have a chance to see how good of a player he is, and how much we needed him. We have never had a weak point at RB and therefore picking Mario was not something that I clammered about 4 months later.

No one will ever call you a flip flopper. But it does get old to see all this Reggie talk. Seriously. Its over. No one denies how dignified you are, but that doesn't mean we want to hear about Reggie all day, either.

I never liked USC or UT. If you want the plain truth, thats it.

19. Hulk75

Hulk75 Hall of Fame

Who is Reggie Bush?:cool: :redtowel: :fireball:

20. Hulk75

Hulk75 Hall of Fame

I think you got the players mixed up, I believe you mean Vince Young.:cool: