Sick of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by afcman, Sep 21, 2006.

1. afcman

afcman Veteran

Man, I am SO SICK of the people (the fans) getting blamed for anything and everything. We should NOT be in this situation. It's not the fans fault that the team is in the position it's in. There are people getting PAID BIG MONEY to make the key decisions for the team. And after all this time we're still complaining about the SAME F'in problems.

Don't give me this "you're not a true fan if...." Blah Blah Blah. My time and money are mine and I'm not gonna follow the team if it's obvious the team is not making adjustments to fix the same OLD problems.

I'm still a Texans fan and think and hope that it will improve. If I stop feeling that way then I'll put the Texans on hold. I'm a football fan first and foremost. Love it. College and the NFL. There's plenty to keep me excited about.

For example, if I had lived in Detroit all this time (gag!) there's no way I'd still be following the Lions. Why? What's the freaking point? You want to spend your money on the Lions? Go right ahead. (Although they seem to be making some headway.) But for the most part I'd see a better game at the local high school then following say, the Raiders or Titans.

OK, I feel a little better now. :whip:

2. Frills

Frills Veteran

We now have a description of the Bandwagon

LBC_Justin likes this.
  3. cuppacoffee

cuppacoffee Resident Grouch

:hmmm: You are in west texas?

Odessa Permian H.S. usually has a good football team.

You're welcome.

:coffee:

4. TommyS

TommyS Veteran

sorry, who's blaming the fans exactly? ? ?

5. Cjeremy635

Cjeremy635 Overtraining

This comment is what tends to turn people off the most. I know you feel the need to vent, but there are teams that have sucked for decades and I don't really feel like we will be in that boat. I see an organization that put their faith in someone who royally screwed up the system here. I believe Kubiak has a plan and it will take some time to implement it the way he wants to. Be patient AFCman...times will get better. :wild:

6. noxiousdog

noxiousdog All Pro

There are people getting PAID BIG MONEY to beat our team too.

If it causes you so much pain, why do you keep exposing yourself to it?

7. TommyS

TommyS Veteran

new GM
    new HC
    new Off C
    new Def C
    new assistant HC/OL
    new LB coach
    new WR coach
    returning only 26 (aprox i might have miscounted) of last years team

what more do people want?!!!!!!!

overnight we become the Indy offense and the Pitt D? GIVE IT A ********** CHANCE PEOPLE!!!

8. texflex513

texflex513 All Pro

Just think of how bad it would be to have mike brown for an owner a guy who continually hired yes men within the org to coach the bengals and led them into a 10-12 year ditch of losing and horrible draft picks and just recently (3 years) hired a real head coach in Marvin Lewis...We just hire our first REAL head coach in kubiak give him a year or 2 and we will be the team to beat in the afc.

9. Cjeremy635

Cjeremy635 Overtraining

Preach on brother..preach on! :ok: :homer:

10. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

There is NO instant gratification in the game of football!!!! You have to suffer through the bad times to get to the good! Either hang in there, or don't. Your choice!

11. cuppacoffee

cuppacoffee Resident Grouch

I knew we changed a lot of players, but that's half our team isn't it?

I ranted a lot last year about having at least average players that were receiving less that average coaching.

Seems I over estimated some of our players.... slightly..:shades:

But I stand on my opinion of the coaching staff.

At least the ones that we didn't retain..:D

:coffee:

12. GP

GP Go Texans!

Yeah, AFCman...that was pretty weak.

I feel your pain, but the whole point of following a football team is to suffer WITH them through the tough times so that when the good times come...you're smiling bigger than everybody else because the reward is so much sweeter.

I have no desire to become a Yankees fan because they basically PURCHASE a team every year. I am loving the fact that they cannot get over the top with all their All-Stars.

The entire reason for sports and for following a team is to "bond" with a team you enjoy to watch or to be affiliated with, and to then go through the same agony they go through, and to also enjoy the victories WITH them.

No point in being a die hard fan of a team if you cannot understand that, in the case of the NFL, you have ONE champion out of 32 teams every year. We've had how many Super Bowls? And there's how many teams in the NFL? Man, you have to be good AND lucky to win major sports championships.

It doesn't all ride on a coach or an owner. Granted, they can help or hurt...but they alone are not sinking our ship. It's a culimnation of everything working together (or not working together).

Sorry, bro. You need to re-evaluate and come to what Regis calls a "final decision."

I ain't going anywhere, that's for sure.

Cjeremy635 and eriadoc like this.
  13. Cjeremy635

Cjeremy635 Overtraining

Well said gpshafer....:cool:

14. NJ Texan

NJ Texan Rookie

I'm still hanging on the Texans, because 2 games doesn't a season make. .

15. FILO_girl

FILO_girl I'm not here

I think we just witnessed a fan breakdown.
    Harsh stuff, dude.

A little time of reflection on what team you truly love is in order. Walk the dog, take some Cymbalta and it will make you smile again (it just did that in a commercial on TV). Slowly, take small sips of Battle Red koolaid. If this upsets your delicate system, its time to shove off the Texans' train.

I do understand your rant, I really do but your words come across very badly. Even Grandma didn't offer assistance, and she is a nurse! I don't quite grasp what you are rambling about in terms of us fans taking it on the chin (blame). Take a deep breath and a sizeable break from the boards. Seriously.

16. infantrycak

infantrycak Lead Moderator Staff Member

Combination of talent and not fitting the system. Good example would be Moran Norris. Excellent blocking FB but the staff ditched him to get a FB who would catch 6 passes in 2 games.

17. Mr. White

Mr. White H-Town Beatdown

I won't pull the true fan card. If you're complaining about a team losing that just changed their coaching, their GM and half their roster...then you're just stating the obvious. And wasting your time.

18. Blake

Blake MMQB

"The Sweet is never as Sweet, without the Sour..."

19. afcman

afcman Veteran

I HAVE NOT given up on the team. Not at all. I just had to vent because some people were complaining about the fans.

I agree. As I've said before, I'm looking forward to next years draft.

And when we beat Philly and the Jags in their stadium I will scream for joy from my roof. :redtowel:

20. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Through thick and thin, man. Devotion to the cause is unwavering if you're a fanatic. This doesn't mean you can't question the cause or be critical of it, but it does mean that you have an undying devotion irregardless of timeframe.

Some make the commitment, others don't. But it's all good...just a personal choice. :texflag:

TheOgre likes this.