Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Sick....just Sick

swtbound07

Jackass of Day!
Everyone on the board is gleefully celebrating our shiny new #1 pick....is anybody else as upset as me that my team, OUR TEAM, just lost to a squad quarterbacked by alex smith....one of the worst teams in the nfl. Is anybody else disgusted with another blown lead and close loss? Get the draft out of your heads for a moment and realize......the team that the other 31 teams are laughing at? hey, thats US! Disgracefull, thats all this is, disgracefull.

I'm sorry, were you under the impression that they weren't ALREADY laughing at this team?

swtbound07 said:
Everyone on the board is gleefully celebrating our shiny new #1 pick....is anybody else as upset as me that my team, OUR TEAM, just lost to a squad quarterbacked by alex smith....one of the worst teams in the nfl. Is anybody else disgusted with another blown lead and close loss? Get the draft out of your heads for a moment and realize......the team that the other 31 teams are laughing at? hey, thats US! Disgracefull, thats all this is, disgracefull.

I think it's funny. Hehehehehehehe. :)

31 teams aren't laughing at us. It is more like 29. The Rams lost twice to the Niners and the Bucs lost once. But we will have the last laugh because we are the 2005 Gallery Furniture.com Reggie Bush Bowl winners.

I was disgusted earlier this season, now I'm just numb. It was either pick #1 or #2 that we were gonna get - hopefully all involved with the franchise take something from this season and use it to improve tenfold next season.

swtbound07 said:

The season is over. We lost that game. Do you have a time machine that you're not telling us about and a plan to go back in time, change the outcome of at least ten of our teams games, and then purchase playoff tickets? If you don't then I'd like to know why talk of what we're going to do with the #1 draft pick ticks you off. That along with the upcoming firings is about all we have to look forward to.

Hervoyel said:
The season is over. We lost that game. Do you have a time machine that you're not telling us about and a plan to go back in time, change the outcome of at least ten of our teams games, and then purchase playoff tickets? If you don't then I'd like to know why talk of what we're going to do with the #1 draft pick ticks you off. That along with the upcoming firings is about all we have to look forward to.

Im not upset with all the number 1 draft pick talk, its expected, we are in the offseason now...i guess im just upset that we have grown so accustomed to losing that it didnt even slow anybody on this board down that we had just lost our 14th game, but it launched a flurry of offseason posts. I just dont like the attitude that a loss like this is acceptable, maybe im wrong on this one

yah...im heartbroken..lemme tell you..

if we had beaten san francisco and finished 3-13.. I would have had hope for the future.. but now.. 2-12? unbeleivable.. 3-13 is respectable.. 2-12.. we might as well commit seppuku.

:P

sarcasm aside.. this game meant absolutely nothing.. it proved absolutely nothing.. we knew we were bad and needed alot of work BEFORE playing this game. Losing it did no in any way effect me.. we still have just as much work to do as we would have if we had won.

Grid said:
yah...im heartbroken..lemme tell you..

if we had beaten san francisco and finished 3-13.. I would have had hope for the future.. but now.. 2-12? unbeleivable.. 3-13 is respectable.. 2-12.. we might as well commit seppuku.

:P

sarcasm aside.. this game meant absolutely nothing.. it proved absolutely nothing.. we knew we were bad and needed alot of work BEFORE playing this game. Losing it did no in any way effect me.. we still have just as much work to do as we would have if we had won.

It meant a lot to me....im not in a huge rush to pin the title of "worst team in the nfl" onto our franchise, and thats what the #1 pick is.....give it to new orleans, cause i dont want that.

aj. said:
This loss was way more acceptable than the Buffalo one....

I thought about that earlier today Aj. I totally agree. This game just made me want to turn off my TV and say, OH WELL!! That loss to Buffalo made my stomach churn for years.

Well I dont beleive we are the worst team in the NFL.. we have plenty of talent.. we arent "stuck in a rut".. we will recover from this and be alot better in the next couple of seasons.

If this was our 3rd #1 pick.. i may be disturbed.. but really I think we are getting a steal. We are getting the #1 pick coming off a season where we really didnt play as well as we could have.. and things will be better next season.

Grid said:
Well I dont beleive we are the worst team in the NFL.. we have plenty of talent.. we arent "stuck in a rut".. we will recover from this and be alot better in the next couple of seasons.

If this was our 3rd #1 pick.. i may be disturbed.. but really I think we are getting a steal. We are getting the #1 pick coming off a season where we really didnt play as well as we could have.. and things will be better next season.

Unfortunately the math doesnt lie.....we get to pick #1 cause we ARE the worst team. Unless i missed something and somebody else finished 1-15....you might not believe we are the worst team in the nfl from a long term perspective...but for this season, we win the booby prize.

SheTexan said:
I thought about that earlier today Aj. I totally agree. This game just made me want to turn off my TV and say, OH WELL!! That loss to Buffalo made my stomach churn for years.

I was talking about Week 1 this year.

That Buffalo loss was out of my mind until now... :rolleyes:

I was rooting for the Texans to lose because I think, if the system works the way it's designed to work, then the worst team should get the # 1 pick in the draft. I didn't want us to get cheated out of the best pick because I knew we had the worst team in the league. Only a fluke would allow another team to take what is rightfully ours as the worst in the league.

As it happens, there was no need to worry. The system worked as it was intended. The worst team will get the best pick. The worst team in the league lost to the second worst team in the league. And I don't think anyone is going to accuse anyone of tanking after seeing the effort on both sides of that ballgame. There's no question both teams were giving it their all and BOTH TEAMS SUCKED. Our team just happened to suck more and I'm happy we have the number one pick to show for it....

swtbound07 said:

We play Dom Capers football so what you see is what you get!...and, the saddest part? There are people that really feel bad for Capers and feel the need to build him up--why? He got paid a lot of money to put a viable product on the field and failed miserably in trying to do so--think he feels bad for the fans? Notttttttttttt

Eh.. I dont mind Capers.. I think he could be a good coach.. our DC, OC, and GM all suck. It makes Capers look worse than he is.

Unfortunatly I dont think it is possible to fire everyone but Capers.

Grid said:
Eh.. I dont mind Capers.. I think he could be a good coach.. our DC, OC, and GM all suck. It makes Capers look worse than he is.

Unfortunatly I dont think it is possible to fire everyone but Capers.

7 losing seasons out of eight translates into a good coach?

I'm not angry because I am smart.

I predicted yesterday that we would lose the game.

And when you KNOW you're going to lose, you don't get as angry about it.

You had that thing called "hope," which was all but lost at about 3:00 p.m. Sept. 11, 2005 in Buffalo when we began to see the ultimate coming-of-age of the Dom Capers philosophy of football.

Along with my prediction, I also made this statement:

"...with Capers it just always ends the same way: Texans lose by a FG or in OT..."

Get over your insecurity as a fan who is being laughed at. Plenty of other teams didn't make the playoffs this year, too. We're just the worst team by record's sake. And be thankful that the draft order is by worst record and not by a committee in the NFL who reviews each team's "effort" and "execution."

If that were the case, we'd be drafting 32nd.

Some people just want to gritch about ANYTHING so they can look better than the rest of us. Pffttt...

dont let the numbers do your thinking for you Tsip.

He has coached 2 expansion teams.. that isnt easy.. and made his record worse than it could have been.

swtbound07 said:

Why would you want a team that was horrible enough to only win 2 games to win a 3rd?What good does that do anyone. At least you have the choice now to get multiple picks for that pick if you like.

you play to win the games man, thats all i can say. I want 3 wins more than 2, and i would want 2 wins more than 1, and if we could have gotten 4 wins and bumped our draft position up to the 4-10 range, i would have been thrilled with that too.Maybe you think im foolish and not thinking "long term enough", but the truth is, i think houston would be better served in the draft not having the number one pick. I think the media pressure to draft bush will be tremendous, and as i've said in many places, i think he will be a bust, which will set our franchise back even farther than it already is.

swtbound07 said:
you play to win the games man, thats all i can say. I want 3 wins more than 2, and i would want 2 wins more than 1, and if we could have gotten 4 wins and bumped our draft position up to the 4-10 range, i would have been thrilled with that too.Maybe you think im foolish and not thinking "long term enough", but the truth is, i think houston would be better served in the draft not having the number one pick. I think the media pressure to draft bush will be tremendous, and as i've said in many places, i think he will be a bust, which will set our franchise back even farther than it already is.

Why would having the #1 pick be a bad thing when people will be making outrageous offers to you?Being a good fan is cool but 2 wins and 3 wins still means you are horrible. Bush may be a bust. So might an O-lineman, etc. Casserly can't draft anyways. He is the one that has set the franchise back. I think Bush can be a game breaker that you don't have on your team. Every Super Bowl team in history has had a franchise back or QB. The texans have neither.

HoustonFrog said:
Why would having the #1 pick be a bad thing when people will be making outrageous offers to you?Being a good fan is cool but 2 wins and 3 wins still means you are horrible. Bush may be a bust. So might an O-lineman, etc. Casserly can't draft anyways. He is the one that has set the franchise back. I think Bush can be a game breaker that you don't have on your team. Every Super Bowl team in history has had a franchise back or QB. The texans have neither.

thats where we differ..i dont think bush can be an asset to this team. Every Team? We are speaking in absolutes? If you can list the 2 teams in every super bowl, and tell me that each one had a franchise rb or qb in history on them, then i will be very impressed. I dont know who was running for the ravens, but i know trent dilfer was not a franchise qb to say the least.

If you really want to put things into perspective, consider:

You won twice as many games in your first season ever as you did this year.

But at least you've got the chance to draft Reggie Bush!! :rolleyes:

Sad.

Huge said:
If you really want to put things into perspective, consider:

You won twice as many games in your first season ever as you did this year.

But at least you've got the chance to draft Reggie Bush!! :rolleyes:

Sad.

To really I mean really, put things in perspective at least we have an NFL team. If you consider the Texans a NFL team :) At least we have a team to complain/cheer for. Now we get to look forward to the off-season and put this horrible nightmare of a season behind us. We have 4 of the first 66 picks of next years draft and get to hire a new coach and coaching staff. I wish and hope Casserly is part of the house cleaning but word is he will have another chance.

swtbound07 said:
thats where we differ..i dont think bush can be an asset to this team. Every Team? We are speaking in absolutes? If you can list the 2 teams in every super bowl, and tell me that each one had a franchise rb or qb in history on them, then i will be very impressed. I dont know who was running for the ravens, but i know trent dilfer was not a franchise qb to say the least.

Their Running Back was Jamal Lewis, who, before this year went over 2000 yards in a season. Rams had Faulk, Warner. Titans in losing had George, McNair. Cowboys..triplets..70s Staubach, Dorsett. New England has Brady and Dillon the last year. Broncos had Elway and Terrell Davis. Green Bay, Favre. 49ers, Montana or Young and Craig. You can back every year and there are only two teams that didn't have either..Tampa and Carolina. The Texans have neither. Wells ran as well as DD.

swtbound07 said:
I dont know who was running for the ravens, but i know trent dilfer was not a franchise qb to say the least.

The Ravens had Jamaal Lewis and Priest Holmes in that Super Bowl...

I don't care about picks. I don't care about who they draft, or sign, or cut, or whatever. Put Santa at Center and line up the Easter Bunny at runningback for all I care. What I want to see is a team that has an offseason that doesnt send them backwards. I don't want to see a team that wins less than 13% of their games.

Please Texans. Do not screw up this draft and/or offseason.

Back