SIAB's update

Discussion in 'Texan Tailgate' started by HouSportsWriter, Jul 24, 2012.

1. HouSportsWriter

HouSportsWriter SIAB

As many of you may of noticed. I have not been as active as i would like.
    I am currently busy trying to get a job. I also have decided to go after a degree in graphic designing. I plan on going to LoneStar for the basics next year. I am not holding off on my degree. I am studying to try to hopefully get a higher total score on my GED. I am hopefull that I will be able to get a much higher score, and I am hopeing. That I will be able to get scholarship. Because I wish to get into a beter school. Lonestar is a great start, but I know I can do much beter. I plan on trying to go to Sam Houston State University.

I also been pushing my self to get into better shape. I was not happy with myself. I was sick all the time, and it hurt to move. I decided on newyears. That I will run in the Texans 5k race. I started working out on Jan 1st and i weighed in at 267lb. My goal is to be at 220 by next year.

As of today. I am doing so much beter. I am currently at 233 lbs. I pushed my self today to the max. I was seeing if i can do 3 miles in ease. I shocked my self as I passed the 3 mile spot with ease, so i decided to keep going.
    I ended up running 4.25 miles in less then a hour.

One last update.

My birthday is off for some reason on this account. I turned 18 on July 7th

I dont care, if I did not write everything correct. I have done alot to approve my self and I have shown everyone what I can do. I came on to say hi to every one and give every one a update to thoughs who care. I may fix this thread tonight, If i have the time.

Your freind
    Brandon / SIAB

76Texan and CloakNNNdagger like this.
  2. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Congrats Brandon,

You should be very proud.

Keep on pushing for your dreams.

BTW, your spelling has gotten much better.

3. Cjeremy635

Cjeremy635 Overtraining

Congrats on setting goals for yourself and working hard towards achieving them.

I went to Sam Houston State University and loved it. Hopefully you'll get the chance to experience what they have to offer.

I think it's great that you're also working on getting into better shape. There is a workout/healthy thread in the other section, just a little FYI. You should check it out sometime. It's full of great advice and words of encouragement when you need that little extra push.

Again, good luck in acheiving your goals.

4. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

Great job dude . :ant:

As far as running and being in shape , it's all relative .

http://fastandfuriousfootball.com/wp-content/uploads/coachingmaterial2/Vince Lombardi's Speech.htm

Short version .

5. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

Stay focused because you've been doing an awesome job!!!!!!!

That said:
    Yo, I recently had a Birthday ... Unfortunately I I turned 45..... That freakin' sucks, no???

ALL Jokin' aside, SIAB............. Keep pluggin' along!! I am so proud of you!!!

6. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

Brandon,

Tony Dorsett once said "To succeed, you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you." I'm sure, you've gathered those very things from may sources. But, certainly, a little bit of each has come straight from your mates on this MB. You're well on your way. Keep up the good work!.

7. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

That's great, Brandon. Keep it up. I run the Running of the Bulls 5K and it's a lot of fun. They have a huge feast after the race on the floor of Reliant and all of the cheerleaders will sign your race shirt. I hope I see you out there.

8. Vinnie

Vinnie with an I E

That's awesome man, I'm a SHSU alum myself. Keep your nose to the grindstone at Lonestar, study hard and keep that GPA up and you shouldn't have any trouble transferring.

9. GP

GP Go Texans!

You're an inspiration, man.

Most people wouldn't change, but you were determined to make radical changes in your lifestyle.

And now to read that you're in shape and have a goal of running in a 5k??? Wow! Great job!

10. gary

gary Hall of Fame

Everyone should be like this.

11. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Brandon, just wow, man! Thanks for update and keep on as you are an inspiration. You da man!

12. kiwitexansfan

kiwitexansfan Site Contributor

Great goals and drive!

13. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

This is great and you've come a long way, but why is this thread in TT?

OrangeLotPole8 likes this.
  14. Yankee_In_TX

Yankee_In_TX Dance Lindsay!

Understatement of the week!

Keep it up man!

15. rush2112mn

rush2112mn All Pro

Brandon.....stay motivated....keep up the great work....

I know what your saying....a couple of months ago I started working out again....I swim 5 days a week 2 hours a day....at first i could barely make it 30 min...but now am up to 2 hours.....

I know it is hard somedays to want to workout.....push through it and stay focused.....you can do it....

Again keep up the good work and I hope you exceed your goals........:hurrah::texanbill::fans: