SI:Small-school sleepers in NFL draft

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by Wolf, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...2008/04/14/sleepers/index.html?eref=si_latest

Yaosa likes this.
  2. rmartin65

rmartin65 I'm Score

Roach is worth a look, and Keith is a good prospect. I am less interested in Hightower, and not at all interested in Sheilds

3. rmartin65

rmartin65 I'm Score

Well, shoot. I just read the whole article, there is more than those four guys. I would rank them like this (for the Texans):
    Brian Johnston
    Thaddeus Coleman
    Shawn McMackin
    Andy Studebaker
    Joe Mays
    Carey Williams
    Brad Roach
    Brandon Keith
    Tim Hightower
    Brandon Carr
    Vince Redd
    Arman Sheilds

4. Errant Hothy

Errant Hothy Hypermediocrity

Hightower will be in for a visit:
    http://www.kffl.com/team/18/nfl

5. rmartin65

rmartin65 I'm Score

Eh. Big guy, decent speed. I am just not sold on him. However, if he succeeds I will be the first to admit that I was wrong. And if he becomes a Texan, I will definately cheer for him.

6. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

Talk about small schools. What's up with this? Our practice squad QB this season, maybe? :thinking:

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

7. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

the Texans already worked out this guy-

Brian Johnston, DE, Garden Webb: Johnston could well have been the biggest combine snub of 2008. He is a complete defender who totaled 145 tackles and 38 tackles for loss the past two years. Johnston measured 6-5 and 280 pounds at his pro day last month and ran the 40 under 4.7 seconds. Two dozen teams, including the Jacksonville Jaguars and Seattle Seahawks, have expressed strong interest in Johnston.

I'll give you another name, local kid Derrick Gray, Texas Southern. strongside DE well built with potential to add more weight almost 6050 270 (after eating all that BBQ at a friends last weekend). noticed him first watching Texas vs. the Nation bowl game, decent explosiveness, long arms, handles tackles well who are much bigger, can stretch sideline to sideline with good speed 4.89. was very productive on field, second-team All-SWAC 76 tackles, 24.5 for loss, 9.5 sacks and three forced fumbles.