Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Show your disdain for David Carr here...

Porky

Hall of Fame
Carr needs to go.

That's all.

Discuss your disdain here. No positive posts please. I didn't post in your lovefest, so stay away from my hatefest.

(equal time is fair) :ok:

TexanSam

Hall of Fame
I don't hate the guy, but I think it's time for him to try and succeed somewhere else. He's taken beating after beating (both on the field and off) but that doesn't mean I'm rooting for him to be back here next season.

Mr. White

Retired OLine Coach
I wouldn't say that I'm disdainful, but I agree it's time for a change.

My reason (outside of X's and O's) is that Carr is held to a different standard than the rest of the team. It's not healthy.

threetoedpete

Hall of Fame
so Marcus if I don't post on this one, aviod it like the plague...does that lessen my support of DC ? Be interesting to see how many guy are truly at the head waters of this thing of yours.

Texan_Bill

Hall of Fame
LOL... no Porky you didn't post in the "support" thread, but all your minions did..... j/k

As I stated, I beleive Carr needs to go also. I just don't hold any disdain for the guy. And beleive me, there were more than a few occasions that I cussed him as though I have disdain for him.

2BCF

All Pro
Ha!
Well, if possible I'd show a highlights(or is it lowlights) reel of Carr's many blunders though the years.
That's the worst that anyone could say against him.
He's his own worst enemy.

Second Honeymoon

Hall of Fame
Carr has been an albatross around the neck of this franchise since Day One.
He needs to go and don't let the door hit you in your primadonna choir boy ass, lil' Davey.

Carr sucks and as long as the Texans trot his sorry ass out at Quarterback, the Texans will never win diddly.

HOU-TEX

Ah, Football!
Good guy or not, the guy's got to go. The Texans can't continue to pour time and money into him. They need to deal him, lick thier wounds and continue to build.:bubble:

BigWig

Bigimus Wigimus
"disdain goin nowherez,cuz maybuh we oughtsa gets goin somehwerz"
quote from Mushmouth the gr8:drunk:

Oh David Carr,,,how you really blow
I get a sick felling in my stomach,,,everytime you go to throw
You throw interceptions like,,,they're presents on christmas day
I cant remember a single time,,,you threw the ball away
I'm not one to judge,,,but i think you'll lose the starting job
To maybe a brady quinn, or even mr kolb
I dont really hate you,,, i just wrote this inspite of porky
But i am glad you cut your hair,,,cause you were looking really dorky.

:) Theres my negative post !!!

Kaiser Toro

Native Mod
Never have liked Carr as a prospect or player. The fact that his contract has been one of the two highest on the team means that money is tied up that could be applied to the many other challenges we have at positions. We have had zero return on investment on this player.

Will three yard passes make AJ better or our RB's better? Did every OL men we brought it in just forget how to play football or is it that we made a mistake in 2002, and in 2006 with the extension at QB. Kubiak is a genius with QBs, but why did the magic not happen with Carr like it did with Plummer?

The excuses have been mentioned and they have been retreaded. When the season starts and Carr is our QB, I will not be booing when he surely will underperform again, but I will be back here sharing my dissatisfaction regarding a player that means nothing to the city he plays for due to his lack of results.

If Kubiak is a true Houstonian I am sure he will make the right decision as I cannot expect Smith to be as vested in his excursions around town due to his unfamiliarity.

"The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it." - George Bernard Shaw

Texan_Bill

Hall of Fame
Oh David Carr,,,how you really blow
I get a sick felling in my stomach,,,everytime you go to throw
You throw interceptions like,,,they're presents on christmas day
I cant remember a single time,,,you threw the ball away
I'm not one to judge,,,but i think you'll lose the starting job
To maybe a brady quinn, or even mr kolb
I dont really hate you,,, i just wrote this inspite of porky
But i am glad you cut your hair,,,cause you were looking really dorky.

:) Theres my negative post !!!
Nicely done!! Props!!

swtbound07

Jackass of Day!
i must spread rep around before giving it to porky...nice to know somebody keeps this place sane when i take leave.

ok but in all seriousness, David isnt the greatest in the world, but with so many other holes to fill on this team, i think he will do just fine if we can get some good FA this off-season. Cause a new QB coming into the same situation wouldnt do much good. Plus we're not gonna get much for Carr cause his value isnt exactly soaring right now.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
John McClain said today on the 610 show that "David Carr will be traded" (just a few moments ago, matter of fact). He says it with such conviction that my mind almost gets out of the "Carr is our starting QB" mentality that I'm trying to let permeate my existence. So take it FWIW.

I certainly have nothing personal against DC. I see his positives for what they are, and I see his negatives for what they are.

And the truth of the matter is that he's getting paid big jack to be a mediocre QB. In addition, we will need a very strong team around him, including a dominant defense, to succeed (this is even touted by his most diehard supporters).

The questions to ask:

Will we have a good enough team in 2007 - consistent running game, Pro Bowl caliber offensive line, and dominant defense - to make up for David Carr's weaknesses?

Will David Carr restructure his contract to be in line with his first five years, thus allowing us to obtain more playmakers?

Will David Carr be able to run a two minute drill to win a game in 2007?

MightyTExan

It's go time!
The questions to ask:

Will we have a good enough team in 2007 - consistent running game, Pro Bowl caliber offensive line, and dominant defense - to make up for David Carr's weaknesses?

Will David Carr restructure his contract to be in line with his first five years, thus allowing us to obtain more playmakers?

Will David Carr be able to run a two minute drill to win a game in 2007?

And i was only hoping Kubs was gonna hold open try outs for the texans like Vermil did when he went to the eagles in the 70's. I'm sure some of you coulda knocked Carr right outta that starting QB job :aikido:

swoldier

Noob
Ive cursed DC many many times this last season. His lack of leadership, game awareness, and just flat out basics has driven me near madness. I would say to all those who quote his numbers, you obviously did not watch any of the games this season. Dink and Dunk all day long i could do that and complete passes. My worst fear though is that he leaves for another club then comes back to Houston as a visitor and makes us pay for giving up on him, because no one here can argue the fact that the guys got the physical gifts he just needs the mental aspect down. If he can turn the leaf and become a leader be aware of the field and game, and get back to the basics of being a QB he could be really really good. I just dont wanna let him go then him do really well. If we let him go i want to see him fail miserably and out of the NFL, because honestly he's wasted many many millions of dollars with his mediocre play. After all of that for him to leave and do well is an insult to the Houston Texans organization and if that happens i hope he dies in a plane crash. Just like my nemesis's Vince Young and Peyton Manning heres to both of em being on the same flight.

S

SESupergenius

Oh let's get Carr out of here, I can't wait for Sage Rosenfels to take over. He's incredible! Did you see his performance against the JAGS? Aw man it was awesome, he avoided an interception and took a sack for the team, he then missed didn't convert a 3rd and short because we were protecting a lead, and then he played it safe and checked down to Wali Lundy for 9 yards when there were 14 yards needed for a 1st down. He did that to kill the clock, man what a great student of the game because he knew that the Jags couldn't do anything against our defense. He got the win for us, that is all that matters. He is now our "Wonder Boy". Don't let the trade rumors of Plummer fool you, Sage is our man and Kubiak knows this.

Oh let's get Carr out of here, I can't wait for Sage Rosenfels to take over. He's incredible! Did you see his performance against the JAGS? Aw man it was awesome, he avoided an interception and took a sack for the team, he then missed didn't convert a 3rd and short because we were protecting a lead, and then he played it safe and checked down to Wali Lundy for 9 yards when there were 14 yards needed for a 1st down. He did that to kill the clock, man what a great student of the game because he knew that the Jags couldn't do anything against our defense. He got the win for us, that is all that matters. He is now our "Wonder Boy". Don't let the trade rumors of Plummer fool you, Sage is our man and Kubiak knows this.
You think one game means you should get the starting job, i mean you remember Carrs first game against the Cowboys, and look where we are now !!! I think that one game hardly means anything otherwise kubs woulda let him keep the starting job after that Jags game.

DarkNinja

Waterboy
:drunk: I'm so happy that there are people here that feels the way I've been feeling since the franchise started. Lets go have a number 8 jersey-burning party!!:drunk:

New_Texans

Rookie
:drunk: I'm so happy that there are people here that feels the way I've been feeling since the franchise started. Lets go have a number 8 jersey-burning party!!:drunk:
I support Carr, however im not unrealistic about him. I still believe he can be a good quarterback.

TexansSeminole

Hall of Fame
This guy is like the guy from Memento...No short term memory...He has had the same problems for 5 years now and he still can't seem to learn from them. Atleast he could take the sack and not fumble...but he can't even learn to not fumble.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
...I just dont wanna let him go then him do really well. If we let him go i want to see him fail miserably and out of the NFL, because honestly he's wasted many many millions of dollars with his mediocre play. After all of that for him to leave and do well is an insult to the Houston Texans organization and if that happens i hope he dies in a plane crash...
Classy thread you got here, Porky.

swoldier

Noob
haha thats mean i never even saw that plane crash post. Come on now lets dont hope for people to die if they do well else where !
Fine I will settle for a maiming, something like the loss of a limb. Thats what happens to us when we dont do our job, and i get paid .001 percent of what he makes a year.

HoustonFrog

Dallas Frog
I think it is embarrassing that people even have a support Carr thread. It is like people's football sense went out with the Oilers and they decided blind support would be fashionable. I'm sorry it is a joke right now.

TexansLucky13

53d Signal Batt
What exactly is "disdian"? The thread title explicitly mentions this "disdian" of David Carr, but I have no idea what that word is.

:tease:

Carr haters are making it too easy for guys like me to reveal a degree of foolishness inherent in all of them.

I think it is embarrassing that people even have a support Carr thread. It is like people's football sense went out with the Oilers and they decided blind support would be fashinable. I'm sorry it is a joke right now.
i think its embarrassing people dont support him, as long as he is our starter and is wearing a texans jersey i think he should get our support ! i remember watching the game against the colts where we won, and i saw people with bags on their heads at the beginning of the game, i didnt see them anymore after and right before we won. Funny how peoples feeling change with a lil success !

Honoring Earl 34

Something Witty !
What exactly is "disdian"? The thread title explicitly mentions this "disdian" of David Carr, but I have no idea what that word is.

Carr haters are making it too easy for guys like me to reveal a degree of foolishness inherent in all of them.
We can only wish we were as bright and witty and clever and smart as you ... did I already say smart .

swoldier

Noob
i think its embarrassing people dont support him, as long as he is our starter and is wearing a texans jersey i think he should get our support ! i remember watching the game against the colts where we won, and i saw people with bags on their heads at the beginning of the game, i didnt see them anymore after and right before we won. Funny how peoples feeling change with a lil success !
Well yeah, of course how stupid would they feel with a bag on their heads after we just beat the colts for the FIRST TIME!!!!!! I personally was going freakin CRAZY!! The only game i was priveledged enough to go to. Being as i live in California.

Porky

Hall of Fame

Yes, I caught the typo right away, but don't know how to change it.

AS for the person talking about a plane crash, I am certain it is a joke. A bad joke in poor taste, yes, but a joke. If this thread is in bad taste, is the blind homer thread in bad taste too?

HoustonFrog

Dallas Frog

So fans should always blindly support teams without care to money, wins and direction?That is what you are asking. The NFL alleys are littered with great men who didn't have the skills to survive or succeed in the league. It isn't a crime or a shame. You learn and go on. Without second guessing Craig Morton would have continued being a QB with the Cowboys instead of Staubach or Bledsoe instead of Brady. People make excuses saying these teams were different. No they weren't. People need to open their eyes to the reality of being a top payed QB in the NFL. It really has gotten sad that people can't see this.

Heath Shuler

SPEED KILLS
That’s what I don’t understand. None of the Carr supports can talk about Carr’s achievements. All they can do is blame others (o-line, running backs, WRs, coaches, defense, coordinators, etc.) or down grade possible replacements.

swoldier

Noob
AS for the person talking about a plane crash, I am certain it is a joke. A bad joke in poor taste, yes, but a joke. If this thread is in bad taste, is the blind homer thread in bad taste too?
Of course it was a joke.....well kinda. It's meant to give yall a feeling behind the words that explain how much disdain I feel. It being in "poor taste", well thats a relative term

That’s what I don’t understand. None of the Carr supports can talk about Carr’s achievements. All they can do is blame others (o-line, running backs, WRs, coaches, defense, coordinators, etc.) or down grade possible replacements.
beating the Cowboys in 02 while throwing 2 TDs, well thats a pretty good reason, sure i know it was 5 years ago but come on its still one of my best memories. Where were you guys at in 04 when we went 7-9, i didnt see all you anti carr posters then !