Should we cut Domanick Davis ?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS, Aug 29, 2006.

?

Should the Texans cut Domanick Davis?

1. Yes

30.9%
  2. No

69.1%
  1. MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS Veteran

Just a quick poll, should we cut Domanick Davis from the Roster on Sept. 2nd final cut? I have read many mixed reactions on this board, do we have enough talent with the 4 remaining backs on the roster to suceed.....Or is Domanick a vital role on this Texans Team?

2. PhillyFan

PhillyFan Veteran

Its a very tough call if you ask me.

You have 2 very young guys who have shown a lot of promise.

However, there is no replacing experience, which DD has. Personally, I wouldnt cut him.

I would keep him on the roster, and most likely have him inactive for 6-8 weeks and see how things go.

From memory, he did pass him physical in camp right? Meaning, he is inelligible for the PUP list :(

3. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

don't cut him. if you've gotta let him go, trade him.

4. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

I would put him on IR since he cant be placed on the pup list . I think he can contribute to the team if not this season then next .

What are the cap hit if we cut him this season ? .... If he cant play next season then cut him and take the loss .

5. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

What do you think we'd get for a banged up unreliable RB? :)

6. bigTEXan8

bigTEXan8 All Pro

I just saw on my fantasy football newswire that Lundy is expected to start for the Texans opening week. Can anyone verify that?

7. kingh99

kingh99 Guest

Of course people will vote no. You haven't given them an either/or. As in either Davis gets cut or Joppru (just for discussion purposes although he could be on the bubble since the 3rd FB did a good job the other game). If you give them an either/or the numbers will get much closer.

8. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

9. mancunian

mancunian Daleks Rule

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Irela
    put him on IR this year and see what next season brings. If Lundy and Morency do the business then maybe DD will be gone. Its easier to trade a healthy RB though.
    Looks like I'll have to change my fantasy team....

10. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

I voted "cut him" due to the fact the guy hasn't finished a season yet without getting hurt. We have a promising young backfield now without him. :redtowel:

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS likes this.
  11. MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS

Good Point HOU-TEX ! it truely hurts not having him out on the field I'd rather see Kubiak put that extra spot to where we need more depth, than just having 52 players that can only preform.....instead of 53:stirpot:

12. bigTEXan8

bigTEXan8 All Pro

OK...next question. Is Lundy going to get the bulk of the carries, or is going to be a 50/50 thing with Morency?

13. PhillyFan

PhillyFan Veteran

Odds are, you cant trade him either.

he wouldnt pass a physical for it to go through.

And didnt he just sign a new contract last year? Im wondering what the cap implications are.

14. MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS

I'm almost positve Kubiak will do 50/50 just to give the opposing team Defense every week a different look......also keep other teams off balance as to who they need to key on every week, that was the bad thing about Domanick every team new he was going to get the ball every game, but if we can have a 2 punch backfield, that should keep other teams off balance, look at Pittsburg, Denver, and some other succesfull teams they always had two talented backs, going into the playoffs........making them a winner.

15. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

I can't vote in this. It's just too close to call. You can't trade him so forget about that. Nobody is going to give us anything for our 4th round, easily injured, pain sensitive, bicycle riding RB. We can't PUP him because he wasn't "hurt" when he went to camp. We can either cut him or place him on the IR.

Despite the fact that Lundy is starting (or is supposed to start) I'd expect the two backs (Lundy and Morency) to have similar numbers until one of them starts to pull away and stand out. I expect that back to eventually be Morency but who really knows.

16. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

The Patriots look very nice as well so far this pre-season with the rookie and Dillon. I think more and more teams will be doing the dual threat thing as time goes. It not only takes the load off the other RB, it provides different looks for the D.

17. gwallaia

gwallaia Moderator Staff Member

I was not aware of that rule.

18. PhillyFan

PhillyFan Veteran

Once a player passes a physical in camp, or is taken off of the PUP list, he is no longer eligible to be placed on it.

He has to be on it for the duration of training camp, and then can be removed between weeks 6 and 8 I believe.

Someone told me these rules were attributable to Joe Gibbs in the 80s..apparently, he used to stash players on the PUP list as a just in case, for when other players got hurt.

19. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

Here is some back up for that...

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/headline/sports/4147469.html

20. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

Can't PUP, can't trade, not healthy = CUT

I would imagine his contract wouldnt be an easy thing to swallow, but best get what we can out the way now. I like DD, but I like the Texans more.