Should Texans sign Richie Incognito?

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by Seegara, Jul 19, 2014.

?

Should Texans extend an offer to Richie Incognito?

Poll closed Aug 3, 2014.
  1. Yeah

9.3%
  2. Nope

90.7%
  1. Seegara

Seegara All Pro

I think they should. He might be the missing link in fixing the desperate OL problem. We lost Ninja, who was so mean he used to set up thumb tacks in the electric chaiir, so why not put up with RI?

2. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

The ultimate "team" guy. :kitten:

3. DX-TEX

DX-TEX Hall of Fame

[​IMG]

4. HouTx11

HouTx11 Veteran

I wasn't able to vote because I couldn't find the selection for "ABSOLUTELY NOT!":vincepalm:

5. HouSportsWriter

HouSportsWriter SIAB

Who drunk clicked yes?

Giant Tiger likes this.
  6. ghostlight

ghostlight All Pro

I voted yes because his issues are fixable. It is not drug or rape related however the team leaders should have a strong input. He is a good talent and can be coached for a positive part of our team.

7. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

1st, McNair wouldn't tolerate the circus-type attention he would bring
    2nd, he ain't really very good (maybe that should be first). Anybody who's whole game is primarily based on getting under your skin has no real talent or they wouldn't have to resort to bush league mind games
    3rd, with the negative attention he's brought on himself, every time he does something that looks halfway suspect, he's going to draw a penalty flag.

so not just no but hell no

8. TheMatrix31

TheMatrix31 Hall of Fame

The guy was the least likable player in the league not named Cortland Finnegan and that was *before* the whole saga with the Dolphins.

He's a repulsive, wretched excuse for a human being. Calling him excrement is a compliment.

Giant Tiger likes this.

9. Scooter

Scooter Funky

his issues very well could be "fixable". after 15 years in a psychiatric ward and released back into society with required medication, he may be fixed. dude's nuckin futz. the stuff he isnt doing needs a "yet" attached, because i guarantee as soon as he doesnt have the outlet and enablers of football those things are going to happen fast. i'd rather not be the team holding that grenade.

besides, as our jedi master pointed out - he's frankly not good enough for the headache.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
  10. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

No.

No explanation for why the answer is "No" should be necessary.

11. TexansSeminole

TexansSeminole Hall of Fame

12. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

There is a small but vocal portion of the fanbase thst believes the Texans need a "bad boy" element on the team in order to be successful. That's why we have to see ridiculous questions like this posed every time some misfit becomes avaliable.

13. Showtime100

Showtime100 Got AJ?

I agree with the "missing link" description, but that's about it. Like the above states, he isn't worth the circus.

14. EllisUnit

EllisUnit Serving Koolaid

As much as i dislike the guy i do think he would make our offensive line better, why should i care how he treats opposing teams players. If he is out there protecting our QB then we as fans should be happy.

Not to mention besides the nasty illegal stuff he does maybe he could bring a little something to the offensive line it has never had.

Who knows it could come back to bite us in the ass as well. But it is always good to explore all options although i doubt Rick and Mcnair would go for it.

15. IDEXAN

IDEXAN Hall of Fame

Moot issue because we don't need help at guard (especially after using the 33rd overall pick in the Draft for one), what we need is help at tackle, specifically RT.

16. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Former All Pro Conrad Dobler and any number of former Raider OL would disagree with statement #2.

I didn't vote because this will never happen. However if it were me and I thought XSF could play RT and would be an upgrade over Newton I would have no problem signing Incognito.

He shouldn't have been punished for politically incorrect in the 1st place and was well like by his teammates.

17. Hottoddie

Hottoddie Hall of Fame

The problem is, they don't do lobotomies anymore. And if they did, he'd lose most, if not all, of his aggressive nature. That's the only thing he has going for himself. So, I think I'll vote................................................................ NO!!!

lobotomy
    noun (Concise Encyclopedia)

Surgical procedure in which nerve pathways in a lobe or lobes of the brain are severed from those in other areas. Introduced in 1935 by António Egas Moniz and Almeida Lima, it came to be used to help grossly disturbed patients. Favoured for patients who did not respond to shock therapy, it did reduce agitation but often caused increased apathy and passivity, inability to concentrate, and decreased emotional response. It was widely performed until c. 1956, when drugs that were more effective in calming patients became available. Lobotomies are no longer performed; however, psychosurgery, the surgical removal of specific regions of the brain, is occasionally used to treat patients whose symptoms have resisted all other treatments.

18. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Yep, it's not just a bad boy thing it's does the bad boy have enough talent to help me not have to see another 2-14 season again. If that is the case anybody that has the talent not named Aaron Hernandez come on down to H-town. After all the country club that McNair/Kubiak ran around here for the last 9 yrs has proven where good kids with great character get you. (David Anderson/Keo etc...) Even though the Texans play on Sunday NRG isn't a Church and the field isn't a Sunday school class.

Taylor Lewan has an assault case from a bar fight coming up soon, would you want him starting at RT this yr? What Incognito did was nothing compared to what Lewan did.

If a guy has talent you take him deal with his issues and win football games. The fanbase will be happy with winning. Even though some around here still wish Kubiak was the HC so that tells me they have a different agenda and it isn't a do whatever it takes to win agenda.

19. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

I don't care how good a player he potentially is, the media circus he'll bring with him isn't worth it. He'll be a distraction, not help.

20. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

If players cant handle media attention then they're mental weaklings and the kid of players you cant win a SB with anyways. But those kinds ok players are generally great kids.

I've had enough of the great kids era. It's time to start getting the winning kids kind of players. If these great kids are great players. great. If these kids are not great kids but great players then sign me up.

Kids gonna do what kids do.