Should Sage get a Start?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Wharton, Oct 29, 2006.

?

Should Sage get the next start?

Poll closed Nov 3, 2006.
  1. Yes

45 vote(s)
    62.5%
  2. No

27 vote(s)
    37.5%
  1. Wharton

Wharton Site Contributor

Real simple, did Sage earn a start today?

2. The Dream

The Dream Hall of Fame

should sage start?.......is roseanne a fat lousy singer?

3. afcman

afcman Veteran

As of now......yes.

4. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

Not even close. Yes, but Kubes doesn't have enough balls to look Bob Mcnair in the eyes and tell him that he was wrong, that Carr isn't the man to lead this team to the promised land. Well, that and eight million other reasons.

5. Texanfan4ever

Texanfan4ever All Pro

That's absolutely ridiculous. if kubiak felt that way, he would say it and do it. I hate to tell you, but Mcnair feels the same way as Kubiak. Absolutely unbelievable! Kubiak will do what it takes to win. But he will do it intelligently and not based on emotion. And one other note, he's not on the "I love vince young" bandwagon either.

Heath Shuler likes this.
  6. Tale Gator

Tale Gator ________

If Sage had started the game the Texans would have won easily.

He is a better QB.

7. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

real simple....... at the very least, even the Carr Haters said Carr gets 8 games.

He gets one more at the very least.

8. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

That may be true, but it's not the point.

We started this season with an understanding that we are going to do what is right for the long haul. We (not me mind you, but collectively as a fan base) were optomistic about winning 5 or 6 games this year. We've got two so far, and there are 4 games in the future that we should win..... no reason to jump ship now.

This year, we want our team, David included to learn how to play. Next year, we can think playoffs..

This year, lets just focus on finishing strong.

9. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

I voted to start Sage. I've been a Carr supporter pretty much since the day he got here. I just think that you let him sit and stew on it for a while.

In my opinion Carr is damaged goods and too easy to knock out of his game. Get him fumbling and he's done.

Get some consistent pressure on him and hit him a few times and he's done.

I don't even care how he got this way anymore. if you've been watching Texans football since 2002 then you know how he got this way.

I know one thing that is absolutely 100% true. When David Carr is playing everything from the snap to the end of the play looks to be happening in fast forward. The ball hits his hands and everything around him starts to come apart.

When Sage went in everything seemed to settle down. This isn't the first time we've seen this. It happened when Tony Banks took over the starting job in 2003. The rest of the offense started getting it done and Sage looked to me to have forever back there at times.

David is damaged goods and I don't know if he can be fixed. I know I'm tired of watching him and the team around him play this way.

Kubiak will try for the rest of the year but I'd bet the bank that if he can't get the kind of progress he expects from him this year then David Carr is out the door.

10. Tulip

Tulip Hall of Fame

I know it's shocking, but I said no. David should get another chance to start. I'm glad that Kubiak is not afraid to bench him, though. (I am, however, still upset that Kubiak came in and gave the green light to David's option and $8 million bonus.)

I also want to note that coming into the game, Rosenfels had a higher completion percentage than Carr. I point that out, not because it's relevant, but because completion percentage has been the Texans fans' favorite stat this year.

11. Tulip

Tulip Hall of Fame

That's why I didn't want them to extend his option. Even mid-to-late season last year (before draft talk) - that's what concerned me about David.

12. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

Pretty much a moot point. Kubes said Carr is the starter next week in NY.

13. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

Yeah he did. He's going to try and make this work all year long. I think he's wrong but like you said, moot point.

14. Tulip

Tulip Hall of Fame

I don't think it's a moot point at all. Unless everyone on this board is 100% behind every decision Kubiak makes. Of course, if that were the case, then what on earth would we have to talk about?

15. swoldier

swoldier Rookie

:brickwall :brickwall :brickwall Ummm yeah i think rosenfels should get that start i think David is a good for nothing bum. He makes bad choices dump offs when its 3rd and goal , gets flustered and makes mistakes and you can point to his stats all you want but those dont equal up to touchdowns there is no production he is a crappy QB but i guess we are stuck with him now. So screw it ohhh by the way sage threw 3 td's in the second half. Carr 0000000000000000000000000

16. SBTexans08

SBTexans08 All Pro

Start Sage. Carr won't ever get us to the promise land. He just won't. Why not give the rest of the team a chance to execute plays? They need it. With Carr in there....they don't get that. Sage is money...they dude is a QB, Carr isn't, any longer that is....

17. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

Sage had one good game. Carr has had a good season, minus the Dallas game. I don't like Carr, but he has earned his spot. I'll call for Sage during the game, but Carr should start. I should mention that I just traded Byron Leftwich for Carr, as well, in one of my FF leagues.

18. SBTexans08

SBTexans08 All Pro

Carr's had only one good game as well. Sage's days as a Texans have looked impressive....from day one.

19. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

Carr led the league in completion percentage. Sage must've...I don't know, held the clipboard exceptionally well.

20. SBTexans08

SBTexans08 All Pro

And look at what completion percentage gets you. FYI, Sage had a better completion percentage than Carr, and still does after this game. Did you see the magic Sage made in that game. He was like a defibulator for this team. They showed life when Carr had dug the grave for 'em. Open your eyes people!!!