Should I stay or should I go?

Discussion in 'Texan Tailgate' started by dickieb, Jan 4, 2012.

1. dickieb

dickieb Veteran

Hey guys,

I'm a Texan stationed up in Denver and was checking out playoff tickets. I'm really torn on if I should buy a ticket and fly down to Houston for the game. I can get airfare round trip for about $70 bucks combined with some flyer miles I have and I just have to buy a game ticket. I don't have family in Houston so I'm reaching out to a friend that I was stationed with before that lives in Houston for a place to stay. I have been to one game at reliant and one last year here in Denver. Never a playoff game, so I really wanna come down. I was 14 the last time Houston was in the playoffs so I would love to be there in person! I have always been a Houston football fan and am just struggling with if I should spend the money and come down or just stay in Denver and watch it on t.v. If I stay here I would probably watch it alone because I get so intense and a game of this magnitude I 'm sure I will get super crazy! Just think it would be cool to meet some of you guys and channel my energy into being as loud as I can at the stadium! What do you guys think? I know playoff tickets are hard to get, but I would be coming alone so I think it would be easier to find one ticket. Guess I'm just looking for insight from you guys that get to go all the time and maybe some encouragement to come down, lol! Also wanted to see if I could crash a tailgate gathering if I do make the trip :)

2. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

JUST DO IT!! http://www.ticketexchangebyticketmaster.com/nfl/

:texflag:

I decided to take the plunge today for tickets for me and my son. Money comes and money goes, but this is an event that will only happen once. Your team's first playoff game, and it's at Reliant!

JUST DO IT!! :fans:

3. disaacks3

disaacks3 Site Contributor

And before David beats me to it....you're welcome to come tailgate with the Blue Crew! (Corner of platinum lot @ Kirby / westridge)

4. texanfan2002114

texanfan2002114 Subscribed Contributor

I'll extend the invitation as well to TLT in the yellow lot!

5. jaayteetx

jaayteetx Hall of Fame

do it! and thanks for your service, even though your in the air force! i kid, i kid.

6. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

Da na na nah da na nah.

7. dickieb

dickieb Veteran

Thanks! I am actually in the Coast Guard, doing a recruiting tour up in Denver!

8. NastyNate

NastyNate I go kerplunk

Well you're always more than welcome to party with a couple of Navy guys (you know, the ones who oversee your rowboats in wartime).

J/K man, always good to be around fellow service members. Myself and a fellow sailor will be there in 138 dd and will be crashing the blue crew tailgate. Hope to see you there!

SeƱor Stan likes this.

9. Hardcore Texan

Hardcore Texan Magnet Man

Hey hey now! The USAF is top notch, we are the only ones who bring A/C when we go camping! :D

10. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

Well are you coming?

11. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

Coast Guard + Denver = Not exactly where I imagined them to be.

Hope you come down. I would also like to echo the Blue Crew invite. Those guys are the best at hospitality. Whatever you do... be in your seat no later than 3! We must be there for our team.