Sherman's Recruiting

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by CLTEXAN_FAN, Nov 30, 2007.

1. CLTEXAN_FAN

CLTEXAN_FAN Veteran

Looks like Sherman is hitting the ground sprinting on his recruiting....

2. TexansSeminole

TexansSeminole Hall of Fame

Wow. Showing some recruiting power there.

3. CLTEXAN_FAN

CLTEXAN_FAN Veteran

One can only hope, looks like he knows what he is doing so far....only time will tell.

4. TexansSeminole

TexansSeminole Hall of Fame

If a 15 minute conversation can change someones mind that much, and make it completely cancel his other recruiting trips, Sherm has some power.

5. Insideop

Insideop Hall of Fame

This is the line that has me wondering.

"He said he's gonna put together a staff of a bunch of guys that have coached in the league," said Hall.

I'm wondering if he's going to get Johnny Holland (LB's Coach) from the Texans and maybe offer him the DC position. Don't know how good he would be as a DC, but if he could bring back the "Wrecking Crew" attitude and style of play, I'm thinking they would have to be better than they were the last 5 years. JMHO! :d:

6. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

Hopefully he will take Richard Smith with him

7. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

I thought I heard McLain say that Holland wasn't going anywhere......? Someone else catch that?!?

8. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

sure is starting off good. If he can get that recruit to NOT even go visit the #1 Team in the Nation and possible Big XII/Nat'l Champions (Missouri) that's pretty incredible.

9. aj.

aj. Hall of Fame

10. 76Texan

76Texan Hall of Fame

Yet!

11. painekiller

painekiller Hall of Fame

Holland turned him down, that doesn't mean he wont get some pretty good coaches to CS, he will. Sherrill did the same thing when he came in, brought in the best position coaches money could buy, and then guys started getting drafted higher and higher. It all starts with coaching the athletes you have.

BTW Aggies bring back Cassidy .

Sherman now has his man to run the recruiting while he coaches football here in Houston. He has made the right moves so far. Watch out Mack Brown there is a real coach in the state, not just a pretty boy recruiter.

12. 76Texan

76Texan Hall of Fame

It will be interesting to see how Sherman employs him and Goodson next year.

Will Lane declare?

13. aj.

aj. Hall of Fame

I know someone close to JH (family member not work associate or media type) and asked that person directly. Essentially I got no response but also no denial -- which leads me to believe that it's not totally out of the question and may be under consideration. I think it's still a little early in the process to be speaking in definites. The only reason I post this is because the speculation will probably be there anyway until JH and/or the Texans confirms or denies his interest. As far as media speculation, if it was Mark Berman who said JH isn't going anywhere I might listen.

I'm guessing that in the wake of the Sherman announcement, Kubiak and Smith probably want to minimize distractions and won't allow their position coaches to speak publicly on this until after the Jax game.

Fixed this link from above -> BTW Aggies bring back Cassidy .

14. CLTEXAN_FAN

CLTEXAN_FAN Veteran

I seriously doubt it.

15. Goldensilence

Goldensilence hipster elite

Not me it's a classic Aggie thing to be the in CS bubble...overate yourself....come out early and flop.

Not the biggest Mack Fan myself but for not being a real coach he's done far better at his worst then A&M at their best.

Boils down to in the end of wanting to win a National Title. A&M seems to just want to beat UT as their title.

16. CLTEXAN_FAN

CLTEXAN_FAN Veteran

Wow, are Longhorn fans really that cocky?

You see the thing is, after a five loss season it is a big deal to beat the longhorns. UT has been in the mix of things the past few years and there is nothing we like more than to beat them at the end of the year. But we also want to beat every other team we play.

If you really think TAMU goes into the season completely focused on beating Texas you are very naive.

You are right about Texas having better recruiting classes, but dont forget that the Aggies owned UT in the 80's and 90's...things change.

Bill Byrne wants to win championships in every sport at A&M.