Sherman Talks Texans

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Tailgate, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Tailgate

Tailgate Fall of Hame

Didn't see this anywhere here. But if you haven't seen the video yet... its a quick interview with the new Aggie coach on what he thinks will become of the Texans moving forward.

The comment of note I saw is that he thinks the Texans leadership from the top down and decision making overall and the way they go about it is the best he has ever seen. Not to mention he predicts a Super Bowl for Kubiak sometime in the future. Gotta be pretty confident to make that statement imo. Not bad from someone who has been a coach in the NFL for over a decade and who is second only to Lombardi in winning % as a head coach for the Packers.

Pretty much reaffirms what most of us have come to acknowledge after witnessing first hand the job this new regime has done since arrival... and what it has taken to get us where we are today.

http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1612745661&channel=716039752http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1612745661&channel=716039752

2. IlliniJen

IlliniJen Hall of Fame

This is the kind of news and opinion that gets Texans fans all nipply. I love hearing such a high opinion of the franchise and Kubes.

3. TexansFanatic

TexansFanatic Extremist

Freaking awesome.

4. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

It is, indeed, good to hear these positive words from a highly respected NFL voice. It's a shame, though, that he was almost single-handedly responsible for a significant Texans setback due to bastardizing the projected ZB scheme with a "hybrid" form which unsuccessfully tried to incorporate his favored power running game.

5. dalemurphy

dalemurphy Hall of Fame

This team had Salaam at LT and still only allowed 22 sacks all season.

The truth is that it would've been difficult to run a zone scheme with guys like Flanagan, McKinney on the line. Also, without a RB to stretch the sidelines or a real athletic threat at QB, the zone stretch and bootleg weren't going to be very effective.

I'm certainly thrilled that Gibbs is here and think he'll improve things a great deal. However, he's going to have more talent at RB and OL to work with. Not to mention he's probably the greatest OL coach in the history of the NFL.

thunderkyss likes this.
  6. Goldensilence

Goldensilence hipster elite

I like Sherman and think he's an okay coach who inherited a pretty damn good Packers team and slowly let it slide.

I think his time here as a coach was a good early steadying hand and was crucial to adding credibility to a young staff and organization. His approach to Football didn't mesh well with our head coach's and I am glad for his service but glad he's moved on as well.

7. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

I think the leadership from the top down is a big reason that Ray Rhodes and Alex Gibbs decided to come and coach for the Texans.

8. TexansLucky13

TexansLucky13 53d Signal Batt

I can't wait to purchase my "Texans: The Greatest Dynasty of All Time" holographic video when it comes out in 2028.

:homer:

9. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

I've already placed my copy! :doot:

10. 76Texan

76Texan Hall of Fame

But what the heck is that with Shanahan pretty much abandon the ZBS against the Chargers?

How we weren't able to stay with the same 3-4 against the Chargers after a while?
    Is there an inherent disadvantage in the ZBS against a very efficient 3-4?

How did the ZBS guys adjust and continue to counter it?

Against the Cowgurls, the Pats as well.

I'm just questioning.
    I need to go back and see what we did against the Chargers, it wasn't pretty anyway.

Sorry, but I believe in good football!

11. 76Texan

76Texan Hall of Fame

Sorry, but at times I feel your usage of the term such as "the truth is" cannot be consider well-founded. When you make such a strong statement, you really need to back it up, for it's not mere opinion anymore.
    Again, I agree that you have good points at times.
    To make a certain really strong statement, I do think that you should bring more to the table.

Nothing personal! :specnatz:

12. barrett

barrett Hall of Fame

dale brings ALOT to the table. i mean ALOT! you should see him put back a 72oz. sirloin and ask for extra sour cream for his potato!

oh, also, the truth is, he's a pathological liar.

13. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

The truth is that Kubiak himself said we didn't have the people to run his ZBS. He talked about the difficulty installing the system, at one point, going back and starting from scratch.

The only oddity, is drafting Charles Spencer. He's not a ZBS guy, and I can't imagine them thinking they'll make him one.

14. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

its about feet...not size of your chest. If you have the feet and the athleticism that is all that matters (unless you are too small). Spencer had great feet.

15. dalemurphy

dalemurphy Hall of Fame

Sighs... sobs... and then wipes away the tears.

16. barrett

barrett Hall of Fame

when? i don't remember reading or hearing him say that. although i agree that was the case. i just don't remember him being that frank. or that gary i should say.

17. barrett

barrett Hall of Fame

wahhhh. get over it. that was forever ago. i've dried up all my tears with the new tissue brand "potential".

santo likes this.
  18. False Start

False Start On # 69

Good read . Thanks for the link . I cant wait to tell all my uncles who are Cowgirl fans .......... I TOLD YOU SO !! :trophy: :jam:

19. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

2028???? *does the math* Dude, I'll be 60 years old!! I'll have less teeth than a 21 year old Titan fan.... Well, then again - maybe not. :spit:

GuerillaBlack likes this.
  20. ChampionTexan

ChampionTexan Site Contributor

[​IMG]