Sherman era off to a thud

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by stiff, Aug 30, 2008.

1. stiff

stiff Rookie

Arkansas State beats the Aggies 18 - 14 at Kyle Field. From the sounds of it turnovers killed the Aggies, along with giving up over 250 rushing yards.

Sounds like there are several on Sucide Watch calling for Magee's and Sherman's head.

2. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

A friend of mine is walking on to A&M in the Spring. So don't worry Aggies, you'll have the long snapper position solidified and you'll be legit contenders to win the Big 12.

CLTEXAN_FAN likes this.
  3. Second Honeymoon

Second Honeymoon Hall of Fame

nice performance, Aggieland

epic fail

4. disaacks3

disaacks3 Site Contributor

I grew up in an Aggie household...and I wholeheartedly (unfortunately) agree.

5. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

From what I heard, A&M can't pick up the blitz at all.

6. Goldensilence

Goldensilence hipster elite

Thanks for your time as a valued member of the Houston Texans....but man I am so glad you're in College Station Mike.

7. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

I am feeling sorry for the Aggies, many friends have had the Aggie spirit sucked out of them. However, the chances of the Aggies beating UT remain - 50/50.

CLTEXAN_FAN likes this.
  8. sakebomb

sakebomb Hall of Fame

I was at the game and witnessed this game. It is going to be a long season for the Aggies. Their defense is horrible. They gave up a ton of yards. Anyone of us could have run through the holes their OL were making. They weren't just horrible against the run though. Their secondary if very weak as well and were so scared of getting beat deep that they were 5+ yards off of the WR's all day.

The offense could be better but they need to bench Mcgee. It was horrible watchin Mcgee hold onto the ball and then try to run around until he was sacked. It was very very CARR like. I kept pinching myself hoping it was all a bad dream. I know Sherman was thinking the same thing.

Oh, and the Aggie kicker missed two FG's inside the 20 as well but it should never come down to that IMO.

Get ready for a long season Ag's.

9. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

McGee is not qualified to run any Pro-style offense.

Watching him in anything other than the spread option is just pathetic.

10. aj.

aj. Hall of Fame

They ran the ball well in the first half. That about sums up the positives.

The defense is non-existent. It looked like they had never practiced against the zone read. Fran left them in bad shape so I'm not convinced it's all Kines, although I'm very skeptical about him being the right guy - mainly because it seemed to be such a desperation hire. You can see a lack of speed and playmakers all over the field.

McGee looks lost. At least they got big #1 on the field, albeit at WR. Yes, it will be a long year. I never heard that stadium - all 78,000 of them - so quiet after that ASU final TD.

11. Ckw

Ckw Guest

The Carr comment is right on. It has been a few years since I have seen someone look that inept in the pocket.

12. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

It was their very first game.....anybody that thought Sherman was going to turn that team around from the get go was just dreaming.

Give Sherman a few seasons and he'll have the Aggies competing in the big 12.

13. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

The only chance they have at a winning season is if Johnson gets to play QB.

I've heard from some friends over there that he has already earned it in practice, but the coaches gave it to McGee out of loyalty or some odd reason.

14. Dekka

Dekka Rookie

"Turn the team around?" It was Arkansas State, for crying out loud. In case no one knows or have never heard of Arkansas State, I'll use it in a sentence: "Does anyone even know what conference Arkansas State is in?"

There is no need to "turn a team around" enough to beat Arky St. They are irrelevant. They have no talent. And these dogs are are at your crib.

They scheduled this creampuff to start the season 1-0 with little thought to 0-1 even being a remote possibility.

This was indeed an epic fail. Epic.

"Give Sherman a few seasons..." Franchione much?

aTm, basketball school that it is, is in for a very long football season.

Embarrassing.

15. TexansLucky13

TexansLucky13 53d Signal Batt

I actually had a dream on Friday night that we were going to lose, so I wasn't all that surprised when we did. Sounds weird, but that's the way stuff goes.

To be honest I am not at all embarrassed by the loss. I'm sure the players are, though. This next week will be very long for the team, but it may end up being a good thing. We'll see.

...resume the Aggie bashing...

16. gwallaia

gwallaia Moderator Staff Member

Seems like UT had their hands full with Arkansas St. last season and won 21-13. I did not watch the game, but I have heard there was a lot of controversy surrounding a certain on-sides kick attempt.

17. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

LOL. For those who do not know: Arkansas St. is in the Sun Belt Conference.

They aren't without talent. Corey Leonard is a playmaker at QB. Reggie Arnold is probably a future NFL RB.

Tyrell Johnson, the 43rd pick in the draft last year, played there.

Other than that, I got nothin. They play in the Sun Belt. The defending conference champion just got absolutely thrashed by Texas. Big XII schools aren't supposed to lose to Arkansas St.

I have a nice piece of trivia though:

Dennis Franchione's son, Brad, earned his Masters at Arkansas St. He now coaches at Blinn.

18. Dekka

Dekka Rookie

It seems I was hasty in my dismissal of Arky St. Sorry, aggy, with a stellar résumé like that, I'm surprised A.S. didn't drop a 60-spot on you.

They have a playmaker at QB. You are lucky to be alive.

Bless your hearts.

(btw, it may seem like I am being a bit vicious in my attacks at aggy. If that is the case, just mention the record against us (UT) for the past two years. That should shut my pie hole.)

Last edited: Sep 1, 2008
    bah007 likes this.
  19. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

Just remember: Any team can win on any given....saturday.

Ark St. outgained us last year as we walloped them 21-13.

This game was probably their Super Bowl so they came ready to play.

A&M was so focused on this game that after their last practice, they had a team water balloon fight.

By the way....make all the vicious attacks on Aggy that you want.

20. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

A&M isn't exactly overflowing with riches...